PT is missing a small detail

Delani

PT has gotten so much better but their dcds are not what the class needs. It needs an anti focus DCD like refect in terms of effectiveness. I suggest a tactical that stuns anyone who attacks you for 2 seconds when poweryield is up. Effect cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.

but their dcds are not what the class needs.

Your suggestion is a DCD, and its exactly what the class needs, a lot more of them actually. We have the weakest DCD of any class.

I have suggested previously giving them rocket out and jet boost, with a utility that enables jet boost to root anyone hit by it. they have okay damage reduction DCD already, whats needed is DCD that knock people around to get them off you or get themselves out of sticky situations quickly.

I think they could also deserve a reflect as every other class seems to get one but not one as powerfull as your example, perhaps running off thermal sensor override for 3 seconds.

I dont understand why an off healing class such as Merc has been given all the DCD, look at Jugg and Sin off tanks they have way better DCD then PT does.

Your suggestion is a DCD, and its exactly what the class needs, a lot more of them actually. We have the weakest DCD of any class.

I have suggested previously giving them rocket out and jet boost, with a utility that enables jet boost to root anyone hit by it. they have okay damage reduction DCD already, whats needed is DCD that knock people around to get them off you or get themselves out of sticky situations quickly.

I think they could also deserve a reflect as every other class seems to get one but not one as powerfull as your example, perhaps running off thermal sensor override for 3 seconds.

I dont understand why an off healing class such as Merc has been given all the DCD, look at Jugg and Sin off tanks they have way better DCD then PT does.

In all fairness, PT's cant be given too much because of their burst. The dmg is still insane but rocket out or jet boost or even both would make the class THAT much more perfect. I actually like your suggestions better than my own. Anything that allows them to get out of dodge or alleviate the focus will help.

Ok, give PT 2 more dcd's and nerf all damage by 25%. Balanced.

Nah, PT have 2 less DCD then most classes. I was going to take time out of my day to write up a post with every single class DCD outlined for comparison which would would really highlight the gap but for those that actually play this game this is already a well known fact and would more be to enlighten people such as yourself.

There is a reason PT gets focused first in ranked and it isn't because of there outstanding damage capacity its cause they go down fast

Also the damage is on the lower end of the scale now if early data from parsely is anything to go by and from what i can see in PVP matches they are being well out DPS by several other classes which have better DCD so a damage nerf does not sound like a well informed opinion.

The only shining light is we have a cool and somewhat decent set bonus and decent/useful ability addition of Power Yield in 6.0, where other classes did not get as useful abilities which really goes to show even Bioware thinks this class needed more where others did not,

The truth is it still needs more love because the Gap is just that far apart.

Edited by NateCrazy

Powertech dps should be a good class by Star wars fans, especially when we think about, let's say, Boba Fett...

But, u know, quoting someone, by this game's rules, Han solo b*tchslaps Palpatine, Darth Vader has most DCD of all and if he has his hand cut out, he use enrage defense and voila no problem, Darth Maul doesn't even hunt Qui-Gon Jinn, he just double stun him, until he is whitebarred, and then when he tries to double stun Obi Wan, Obi wan has CC immunity for 6 seconds. Damn, so Obi wan kill everyone, except Han Solo, being a smuggler is more powerful than a jedi knight. *sarcasm*

So seriously, either Boba Fett is just pve class, either should be really deleted, cos in 2-3-4 years I don't see any dcd improvement.

I dont understand why an off healing class such as Merc has been given all the DCD

And it looks like you've been playing for over 5 years too.

There was very little complaining from powertechs while the kill order was "merc first" in ranked since ranked started.

Maybe that's the flaw in your memory, it wasn't your problem so you don't remember it being a problem.

The offhealing was never good enough (devs changed the offheals 3-4 times IIRC) when combined with mercs being slow and easily crippled by interrupts/stuns/physics to break their their hard cast offheals exactly the same as crippling their damage by breaking their their hard cast tracer missiles.

The #1 defensive tactic for a merc before the massive healing DCDs was to pop hydraulics and run like a *****. Worked kinda ok in big map regs with objectives but where you gonna run to fully visible in a small pvp arena deathmatch?

After some worthless changes over the years developers were still drowning in calls for better DCD for pvp every time they checked up on the merc subforum.

So 5 years after launch they decide to kill off the meme of mercs in ranked pvp by loading the class with a baseline powerful heal/reflect/immunity with options for 2 more powerful automatic heals.

Powertechs kept real quiet because they were in a better position the entire time. You couldn't shut down a powertech like a merc, they yoloed at you with hydraulics on and burst you to death with instant attacks. Sure they had similar DCD to a merc but they could kill you during their DCDs while a merc would sit there getting interrupted and doing little damage OR offhealing.

On that note, it's worth bringing up the almighty yolo that PTs have in 6.0, autocrit AOE Firefall/Ionfall which I believe hits harder than any other ability in the game, to everyone around the PT. And people spam threads about assassins and operatives hitting hard.

So once again PT's have a refresh of their ability to yolo in and oneshot other players with massive burst while not really needing to worry about DCDs for the long fight.

Still did get a new DCD/DPS CD anyway.

Edited by Gyronamics

And it looks like you've been playing for over 5 years too.

There was very little complaining from powertechs while the kill order was "merc first" in ranked since ranked started.

Maybe that's the flaw in your memory, it wasn't your problem so you don't remember it being a problem.

Actually throughout that time PT was in a good place, it was not OP or FOTM it was balanced well and had the same DCD as they do now with the exception of power yield (thats how long its been since getting anything new defensive wise), its just some classes such as Merc had less so they where the priority target. I do remember Merc's back then and i felt for them all it was a horrible time.

That is why PT were quiet they were happy and if played well, they did well.

The point i was trying to make which i did not make clearly In bringing up Merc they have been given so much to help them out which was needed i agree, but none of it was shared with the base class like other classes do, Mad Dash, Overload being good examples from other classes or the utilities that share among base class either, the kolto overload buff energy shield trauma stack utility to name a couple.

This is where i make recommendations for improvement to my class without reinventing the wheel as the abilities already exist in rocket out and jetboost or the self healing boost utilities mentioned above.

literally now in 6.0 with power yield PT have finally been given an additional DCD, but after so many years that alone falls far short of closing the defensive gaps other classes have been given.

Again their offensive is good, not great. you can go on all day about firefall critting off explosive fuel (which if possible wont stay like that forever), but against the new look 6.0 Sniper, Sorc, Sin, and Oper. 6.0 PT damage is below the halfway bar, and still has the worst/ least DCD of any class to boot.

Edited by NateCrazy