Annihilation Marauder

pyromaniatic

When i was playing actively about 6 months ago, all marauders were running annihilation spec. i quit the game like 1 week after servers merge, and i subbed again 1 week ago. i notice that annihilation spec is not where it used to be, did it get nerfed or something? i feel like its completely **** in pvp now, and i dont want to go rage like everyone else is.

my bad if i made any grammar mistake.

Edited by pyromaniatic
sorry for english grammar

When i was playing actively about 6 months ago, all marauders were running annihilation spec. i quit the game like 1 week after servers merge, and i subbed again 1 week ago. i notice that annihilation spec is not where it used to be, did it get nerfed or something? i feel like its completely **** in pvp now, and i dont want to go rage like everyone else is.

my bad if i made any grammar mistake.

They cut the self heals in 1/2. Plus they buffed Focus/Rage. I would attribute those two things to the sharp decline in Anni/Watchman players. That and the fact that as you said, many people were rolling them 6 months ago, and 30-40% of their damage is cleanse-able. People inevitably got better at cleansing their dots.

But they are still viable for PvE...

Not that I'm making excuses for BW, but the fact is, balancing all classes and all skill trees is a really hard thing to do. Especially since they don't allow dual-specs right now. If one does better in PvE than it does with PvP, you have to constantly respec if it's something you really care about.

But there are so many other factors that go into it, especially for PvP like, armor/equipment, player skill, team skill, etc. I'm sure you've been in matches where your team has been stomping the other and you feel like a God killing people left and right. And then the next match it seems like you can't even get off a single attack before your are dead. It can be the simple difference between a PUG and a premade group.

There's no magic spec. No golden ticket. There are things you can do to give you the best edge possible, but it doesn't always guarantee success. It all comes down to what play style fits you best and you are able to excel at.