Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps using that word, "item." The whole point in clarifying her sentence was to assert that this "something" might really just be some extra cartel coins and not an actual item.

I like how people are "speculating" on what the clarification means.

I guess it was so clear we need to speculate. That's not really clarification.

The whole thing seems like a knee jerk reaction to the DDE folks wanting more. And not understanding how to structure a F2P environment in a proper manner.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

I like how people are "speculating" on what the clarification means.

I guess it was so clear we need to speculate. That's not really clarification.

The whole thing seems like a knee jerk reaction to the DDE folks wanting more. And not understanding how to structure a F2P environment in a proper manner.

That's the necessary evil of being a PR person. Someone tells you to give information without really saying anything. The explosive masses yell at the messenger for their lack of definition (intentional) and nothing comes from it. If nothing at all was said, they'd be screaming communication too.

Can't win. Hopefully people will be content that "something" is coming their way.

Edited by Miflett

That's the necessary evil of being a PR person. Someone tells you to give information without really saying anything. The explosive masses yell at the messenger for their lack of definition (intentional) and nothing comes from it. If nothing at all was said, they'd be screaming communication too.

Can't win. Hopefully people will be content that "something" is coming their way.

I disagree, it was fine as it was. You just need to actually have a backbone and tell the DDE'ers this is how it is, as it was properly structured.

You create one problem after another by giving in to the DDe folks who cry. Now the CE folks will cry.

Adults don't do this, I don't really blame the mod for the problem in it's entirety, I blame the guy who made the decision to give in, that's not how to build a good game.

It is a win win situation if you stand firm or if you increase both.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

I disagree, it was fine as it was. You just need to actually have a backbone and tell the DDE'ers this is how it is, as it was properly structured.

You create one problem after another by giving in to the DDe folks who cry. Now the CE folks will cry.

Adults don't do this, I don't really blame the mod for the problem in it's entirety, I blame the guy who made the decision to give in, that's not how to build a good game.

It is a win win situation of you stand firm or if you increase both.

Congress works this way, but I see your point. In this specific case, I believe they should have held their ground and firmly state that DDE owners would be getting 500 cartel points or similar.

Dude you paid for what you got. You paid for the game, for the in-game items and for the physical vanities. That's what they said they'd give you and that's what they did. You have no right to demand anything else from them as far as the CE goes. You got what you paid for. You got what it said on the label. And now you complain. How dare you? They are giving you free items they never ever said that you will ever received and you greedy bastard want more. Be happy they even give you anything. You aren't entitled to anything, what they are doing is a privilege. How can you not understand that? By the way, if you think i'm a DDO owner, you are wrong. I'm a CE owner like you, the only difference is I have respect for other people, no matter their virtual "rank", for a lack of a better word.

Wrong, the promise made to CE customers was an ongoing addition to an exclusive ingame store.

Congress works this way, but I see your point. In this specific case, I believe they should have held their ground and firmly state that DDE owners would be getting 500 cartel points or similar.

Congress may work that way, but always remember they also have a competent driver steering them (a president) and two branches to balance it out.

You may call me Senator Dein today. heeh. Many do call me "The Dean"

Edited by Dein_Cathair

I really think we are all missing the point here. Those that bought the CE have PHYSICAL items that no-one else will have. THAT was the reason you all bought it in the first place. I bought the DD because those PHYSICAL items that came with the CE were not that important to me. I bought the DD because I wanted to play a game and the larger price was more than I wanted to spend. I could have gone with the CE and gotten all the extra perks and have COOL STUFF on my shelf at home, but I CHOSE to purchase the level of game I did. I will not cry about what I do or don't get as long as I know that there are limitations to what the F2P guys get, because I DID PAY for the game and deserve more than the people who DID NOT PAY. As long as you paid, you knew from the start what you got..... QUIT COMPLAINING

I really think we are all missing the point here. Those that bought the CE have PHYSICAL items that no-one else will have. THAT was the reason you all bought it in the first place. I bought the DD because those PHYSICAL items that came with the CE were not that important to me. I bought the DD because I wanted to play a game and the larger price was more than I wanted to spend. I could have gone with the CE and gotten all the extra perks and have COOL STUFF on my shelf at home, but I CHOSE to purchase the level of game I did. I will not cry about what I do or don't get as long as I know that there are limitations to what the F2P guys get, because I DID PAY for the game and deserve more than the people who DID NOT PAY. As long as you paid, you knew from the start what you got..... QUIT COMPLAINING

Wrong... and who are you to say why anyone bought a certain version of the game? I bought the CE version because I was promised that the items for the ingame CE vendor would be added to for the life of the game.

Thank you!

Huh? no dude. I am a CE owner and I only bought it for the in-game items.

And I paid 3x what you did. Are those physical items worth that much? LOL heck no. Have i ever opended the big square box again since after I installed the game? Heck no.

I also have a wall in a closet filled with several dozen CE boxes from many games. Why did I buy the WoW CE? for my mini diable and panda...Etc/etc/etc.

And btw you say quit complaining... Well your complaining about people discussing the subject. Which is symptomatic of the fanboi syndrome which never helps any game and tends to damage many.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

Actually it would make a lot of sense for the Digital Deluxe players to get the same in game items that the CE players get. What the CE players get over and above are the physical items that came with the Collectors Edition. Just look at World of Warcraft. Mists of Pandaria now has its own digital deluxe version which gives all the in game items that the CE version does. The Digital Deluxe players just miss out on the physical items that the CE has which it makes sense to be the big bonus for the CE.

Actually it would make a lot of sense for the Digital Deluxe players to get the same in game items that the CE players get. What the CE players get over and above are the physical items that came with the Collectors Edition. Just look at World of Warcraft. Mists of Pandaria now has its own digital deluxe version which gives all the in game items that the CE version does. The Digital Deluxe players just miss out on the physical items that the CE has which it makes sense to be the big bonus for the CE.

The DD customers and the CE customers were not promised the same in-game items. If they were then you would be correct.

I'm so looking forward to displaying my CE banner over my characters heads to show what a sucker I was in buying it. If I could give it to another player who wanted it I would.

As to the coins - I'll be keeping those as I may need them when I pop back to SWTOR from time to time to see if they can make it fun again. (As a FTP of course)

Edited by Catsmeat

How much is 'enough' ? I have the CE. I'm happy with what I've received thus far. It would be nice if there were new items in the CE store now and then, but really...

I'd rather the devs work on things that *everyone* can enjoy ( not just new content, bug fixes are good for all too :) )

I'm annoyed with 2 weeks in a row of 'only one instance' issues. But, other than that, I'm pleased overall with the game, and the improvements that have been made since launch.

I hope that an influx of players and dollars with the f2p offering allows Bio / EA to make healthy profit on their investment in the game. If they make money, they'll keep doing what is needed ( new content, bug fixes ) to keep making more.

Just wanted to clarify that the exact phrasing I used was "we are currently working on something for Digital Deluxe players".

We were promissed a shop that would be updated from time to time and we got nothing but one pet. I know a lot of people including my self paid 70 $ more just for the shop. If everybody wants this hero banner you should put it into the shop for 70 $ !!! That's fair enough.

We were promissed a shop that would be updated from time to time and we got nothing but one pet. I know a lot of people including my self paid 70 $ more just for the shop. If everybody wants this hero banner you should put it into the shop for 70 $ !!! That's fair enough.

That sounds reasonable to me. Though they may be able to get it for less by finding a real CE in a store discount bin.

Edited by Catsmeat

[quote=NoxiousAlby;4966459

Meh i'm seriously over BW/EA couldnt care less what they do now, making an in game store the focus of the games future is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Hello ChickenLittle! Is the sky falling fast enough for you?

If you think the shop is going to be the "Focus of the Game" then you have absolutely no idea who a properly run F2P title works.

+100 on the vendor not being updated as said

Exactly, like i said 7 months all we got is a pet which does not look as good as the one we got free (ram)

the fact is they said the CE store would have content added often, so many people bought CE for that content and where the F is it ? i want the fanboys to defend this argument.