What is the name of your character's lightsaber?

Halinmonk

Hate to be the boring one, but neither my Jedi Knight nor my Sith Warrior named their Lightsaber. It is a weapon, a tool. Like a really deadly spanner. It's not befitting a name. It may be damaged, discarded, replaced or stolen. Naming it implies an attachment. And that is something neither Jedi nor Sith are big on.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sentinel refers to hers as Pinky (the green one) and Perky (the blue one). She claims the names came to her in a dream. Actually, she made them up to irritate Satele Shan.

"... Hi there! Sorry to interrupt, honey, I can see you're kind of busy here. *Nice* secret base, by the way- *love* what you've done with the place- and those slinky little battle droids you put on the door were ever such a friendly touch. Only had to do the *tiniest* little bit of percussive reprogramming on them. Oh- *sorry*, I'm rambling, beg your pardon, you're all standing around there with all those shiny guns, all impatient to get on with the 'shooting the intruder' bit and I won't shut up, it's terribly rude. I'm Beth. Well, Bethan January, I suppose, if you want to be formal about it... by the way, you doing anything later? I was thinking a nice candlelit supper, just you, me, and... well, actually, just me, since I'm not really supposed to date and anyway, you'll be a bit... detained- sorry again, getting ahead of myself. I just wanted to get introductions out of the way first... I suppose I should start with the glowstick girls here... This is Pinky, and this is Perky... and we're here to teach you the words of the week, which are "Surrender" and "Now."

Edited by RowanThursday

• 2 weeks later...

What are the names of my character's lightsaber?

Selon's lightsaber is Selon.

Amavia's lighstabers are Amavia.

The lightsaber is not just a tool, not just a weapon. It is part of the Jedi, an extension of their body, a conduit to connecting the Force. It is not a thing to be named. . . it is me, as I am it.

• 1 month later...

I honestly hadn't thought of this...but seems like fun. Though I doubt most Jedi would name their lightsabers because that can be seen as forming attachments. But then again my Jedi Guardian Binjiro..broke the rules by falling in love with and marrying Kira..so I guess naming his lightsaber wouldn't be too big of a stretch for him lol. He'd most likely call his lightsaber Jade..because of its green color.

My Sith Warrior Tresee wouldn't name either of her lightsabers..she'd think that naming something like that would be very stupid.

Like wise my Sith Sorc probably wouldn't name his lightsaber either...seeing it as a childish thing to do.

My Jedi Shadow, though very devoted to the Jedi code...is secretly something of a rebel...so if she did name her lightsaber...she'd probably never admit it to anyone.

Edited by Sneakycheeks

My Sentinel refers to hers as Pinky (the green one) and Perky (the blue one). She claims the names came to her in a dream. Actually, she made them up to irritate Satele Shan.

"... Hi there! Sorry to interrupt, honey, I can see you're kind of busy here. *Nice* secret base, by the way- *love* what you've done with the place- and those slinky little battle droids you put on the door were ever such a friendly touch. Only had to do the *tiniest* little bit of percussive reprogramming on them. Oh- *sorry*, I'm rambling, beg your pardon, you're all standing around there with all those shiny guns, all impatient to get on with the 'shooting the intruder' bit and I won't shut up, it's terribly rude. I'm Beth. Well, Bethan January, I suppose, if you want to be formal about it... by the way, you doing anything later? I was thinking a nice candlelit supper, just you, me, and... well, actually, just me, since I'm not really supposed to date and anyway, you'll be a bit... detained- sorry again, getting ahead of myself. I just wanted to get introductions out of the way first... I suppose I should start with the glowstick girls here... This is Pinky, and this is Perky... and we're here to teach you the words of the week, which are "Surrender" and "Now."

lol that cracked me up. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My sage's is 'Flashlight', because she and her JK companion are pretty sure it's just a flashlight that she blinds people with when they get in melee strike distance.

My assassin named her electrostaff 'Beast' (only uses it during PvE due to the whole, stupid double saber requirement) and her double-bladed lightsaber 'Apocalypse'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...