Light Side Sith Inquisitor?

Rabenschwinge

I've gone over to just disregard that light side / dark side stuff and choose what I think is right. I also try to not make such abusive use of the escape key anymore, though it's hard when you character says something completely different than you expected. My character is still a loyal member of the Empire, who simply does things her own way... and hopes give the Empire a push in the right direction.

I described how I see my Inquisitor in detail in a similar thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5781840&postcount=47

I've gone over to just disregard that light side / dark side stuff and choose what I think is right. I also try to not make such abusive use of the escape key anymore, though it's hard when you character says something completely different than you expected. My character is still a loyal member of the Empire, who simply does things her own way... and hopes give the Empire a push in the right direction.

I described how I see my Inquisitor in detail in a similar thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5781840&postcount=47

Yeah that is something that irritates me. Sometimes what you actually say versus what is showed on the wheel is almost completely different. There are times that I want to say something sarcastic butt hen it comes off lame and other times it's 100 times better than I thought it would be.

Yeah that is something that irritates me. Sometimes what you actually say versus what is showed on the wheel is almost completely different. There are times that I want to say something sarcastic butt hen it comes off lame and other times it's 100 times better than I thought it would be.

I remember when case, where an answer I gave used the exact wording that was used label on a different option... unfortunately I don't remember where.

All my chars are Light, so my Sorc is too. I gotta say, Light Side is quite funny, because no NPC ever expects a mercifull Sith:p. I feel it fits the 'Sith Siplomat/ Pacifist' profile very well.

Best answer I have ever given though has gotta be when I called Thana Vesh an amateur, loved that option :cool:.

• 5 weeks later...

I play a Light Sided Zabrak Sith Sorceress.

I play her with these thoughts in mind:

She was a slave that has been given freedom and power and been allowed to run as far as she could with both.

She has that power trip thing going on; when she clicks her fingers she expects people to jump. That's a natural reaction of someone that was a slave being given power (in my mind anyway) and also others react in that way naturally to a dark lord of the sith.

However, she also recognises that there are times to kill and completely unleash her fury and other times when restraint and compassion are required. People respond far better to you when you have just spared their lives.

She's also married the love of her life and recognises that love is an emotion far more powerful than anger.

So for the most part everything she has done has been light sided, but she has her moments when the dark side rises and affects her decisions.

I'm kind of curious about these people playing LS Inquisitors saying they do it because they don't care about the Empire.

Does the Inquisitor storyline change dramatically after Chapter 1 (I haven't gotten that far yet)

Because from what I've seen, while there are variations, 'Light Side' choices tend to be those taking the long view of benefiting (and reforming the Empire), while it's the DS choices that are much more 'Screw the Empire, I'm doing this because it benefits/amuses me."

I play mostly Imperial toons, and I play them typically as 'Imperial Loyalists', and the end result is usually that they end up neutral/slighlty LS.

The Juggernaut I'm currently working on for example, is lvl 38 and currently at +200 alignment, with something like 3700 Dark Side points and 3900 Light Side.

Edited by jovianus

This thread convinced me make an Assassin alt and go lightside.

Heck, I even leaned mostly towards lightside by the end of my Sorcerer's trek to level 50. Most of the choices just made more sense at that point, since I began to feel like I cared about the Imperials under my command.

I'm kind of curious about these people playing LS Inquisitors saying they do it because they don't care about the Empire.

Does the Inquisitor storyline change dramatically after Chapter 1 (I haven't gotten that far yet)

Because from what I've seen, while there are variations, 'Light Side' choices tend to be those taking the long view of benefiting (and reforming the Empire), while it's the DS choices that are much more 'Screw the Empire, I'm doing this because it benefits/amuses me."

Exactly this.

Generally speaking, Dark Side choices are "kill/torture" choices. They do not necessarily serve a higher purpose other than to quench your Inquisitor's thirst for blood.

Light Side choices, on the other hand, while one wouldn't describe them as "Jedi" Light choices in any way, are surprisingly fitting for a class whose main attribute is Willpower and not Strength (if that makes sense :p).

Obviously, Inquisitors are not "good guys" - after all they are inspired by SW's ultimate villain, Sidious.

Sidious pulled the strings, manipulated galactic politics and had the Galactic Senate elect him Supreme Chancellor. He used Vader, Maul, Dooku and essentially the whole Republic to facilitate his rise to power. If that doesn't show great intellect and cunning, I don't know what does.

At least to me, it makes more sense that Inquisitors (and mainly Sorcerers) can control themselves much better than Warriors when deciding how to deal with a situation. For me, Sorcerers follow the archetype of the term and of the character they are inspired from in this particular game- wise and cunning individuals who'd rather lurk in the shadows and play others like puppets to unwillingly serve their purposes than engage in combat, because they know that's what they do best.

They are master manipulators and as such they should always be able to control their feelings and think beyond the instant gratification of killing, especially when such actions might have consequences in their rise within the Empire's ranks. On the other hand, what I don't understand are LS Warriors. They seem like such killing machines, that it almost makes no sense that they would ever choose not to kill or think about the consequences of what they're about to do.

And I blame Bioware for that :p - making us have to kite people to survive has changed my "unlimited powaaah" opinion of the class.

PS: And to answer your question, let's just say that the finale of chapter one and the following chapters don't really make you feel all warm and fuzzy about the Empire.

Edited by TheNahash

Because from what I've seen, while there are variations, 'Light Side' choices tend to be those taking the long view of benefiting (and reforming the Empire), while it's the DS choices that are much more 'Screw the Empire, I'm doing this because it benefits/amuses me." .

It comes form the fact that Light Side Inquisitors have multiple opportunities to state that they're not fans of Empire's methods, system and/or wanna change the Empire. Light Side Inquisitors value life and may take options that go against the goal of "Empire's total win and crushing the Republic", like saving people who oppose the Empire or may be a threat to the Empire in future, just because they simply value life. Edited by Pietrastor

I've made it to level 38 with ~200 points under the last tier of light side (so 4500ish lightside points?). I choose plenty of dark side options but more than make up for it with the diplomacy crew skill. It cost about 50 credits for a light side point. /shrug

EDIT: Now that I'm at home and can boot the game. Just finished a quest that bumped me just over rank 4 light side. Level 38, 8033 light and 1225 dark. The diplomacy skill makes alignment inconsequential. I can play how I want and choose the best conversation option with no regard to dark or light side and still not miss out of alignment rewards.

Edited by CraftyCaprid

I make a lot of light side choices on my Inquisitor, but I wouldn't really describe her as light side. What drives her is a really profoundly deep hate of the Sith and the Empire. That seems to dictate mostly light side choices, as they tend to be the ones that weaken the Empire.

Of course I suppose the inquisitor experience is different for human and sith inquisitors, I'm not sure how light side my inquisitor would be if she weren't an alien.

This isn't entirely representative of the questing experience in general though, because if the intro to the quest seems like the quest will help the Empire I usually decline to take it. It's likely to become a pain later in leveling so I'm not sure how long I'll keep doing that, but at low levels it's making for a really great storyline experience.

Edited by Ramalina

I make a lot of light side choices on my Inquisitor, but I wouldn't really describe her as light side. What drives her is a really profoundly deep hate of the Sith and the Empire. That seems to dictate mostly light side choices, as they tend to be the ones that weaken the Empire.

Of course I suppose the inquisitor experience is different for human and sith inquisitors, I'm not sure how light side my inquisitor would be if she weren't an alien.

This isn't entirely representative of the questing experience in general though, because if the intro to the quest seems like the quest will help the Empire I usually decline to take it. It's likely to become a pain later in leveling so I'm not sure how long I'll keep doing that, but at low levels it's making for a really great storyline experience.

I have no idea what story your playing because in general LS choices (bot planet and sith inquistor story) benefit the empire. Your called

darth imperius because you serve the empire with you LS actions

. Some LS actions do not sit well with some sith but i say screw them

Went LS agent and BH and now going DS warrior.

I also found that most of the LS options (at least on IMP side) just seemed more logical and better for all parties and then I'd just lie or pretend to have done the evil deed.. I'm also finding myself being MOSTLY DS, except when it comes to my crew,. So I'm like ARRGH EVERYONE NEEDS TO DIE!!!! oh, but not you Vette, you're looking lovely today.

Rep side I haven't gotten past 20, but so far... dayam... DS just seems more fun... LS isn't just following the code... its just plain unrealistic. to me, though I never was a boy scout :D

What drives her is a really profoundly deep hate of the Sith and the Empire. That seems to dictate mostly light side choices, as they tend to be the ones that weaken the Empire.
DS goes for personal power and max douche. LS is for the people of the empire. I'm not sure how you can play an inquisitor and "weaken" the empire. If anything the DS options would be less beneficial for the empire. Killing officers, retaining secrets for yourself, giving false info.

Why are you not playing a Consular if you hate the Sith and Empire so much?

Rep side I haven't gotten past 20, but so far... dayam... DS just seems more fun... LS isn't just following the code... its just plain unrealistic. to me, though I never was a boy scout :D
Rep side is fun. I played my Inquisitor LS and my Consular DS just for kicks. I love when you show up and people are all so happy you have come to save them. Then they die. Oops, sorry Jedi Council my light saber slipped. Their deaths were unavoidable. Edited by CraftyCaprid

• 3 weeks later...
I play it from the other side or the coin. While the empire hasn't done anything for my SI, my plan is to take it over. Thus, i promote the empire so that people know they're place. Once I take it over, there is no meed to retrain people.

• 3 weeks later...

My Sith warrior is more like a Sith Playah. He thinks both sith and jedi are idiots. The true path lies somewhere towards the middle. As long as he can get laid without making Vette mad (sooner or later she will figure out why I suddenly send her on crafting missions) and have lots of fun, he will continue playing the Sith Swashbuckler.

To me, to get the best experience from the Inquisitor story is to not play a Human or Sith and play an alien of some sort. My character's goal is to make an Sith look like fools if I can't kill them outright. I decide during dialog how I am going to treat someone like the one guy who I went to rescue and started calling an alien scum before I got him out of the cell. He had to die, and then his father is all like "Why did you have to kill my son?!!!!!!" I told him I wanted to see what kind of pattern his blood would make on the wall.. I was disappointed that Khem Val didn't start doing the Jabba laugh then.

Someone has already given her the idea of taking over her own planet and she is currently working on her own cult to populate it.

• 2 weeks later...
I am playing a light side sith inquisitor and wondered how other of you handle that. The idea is that she's not really acting out of defiance but out of a natural affinity to act calm and compassionate. She would really view herself as much dark side as it gets. The Sith Inquisitor, at least the female one, has something sly and witty about it that sometimes makes the light side options come relatively easy, sometimes it's simply the most logical solution because the dark side option would mean forfeiting valueable assets, but other times they are either dumb or dangerous. So far I have restrained myself from taking any dark side option, but it's getting harder.

I managed to pull it off quite easily. Some of the decisions were no-brainers while rarely I'd come into a situation where I'd go, "Hm, would would be best?" An example can be the Selonians on Correlia. My Sin hates slavery, he tolerates it because he's just one man disliking a practice that is used by most. So in that instance I actually had him kill the Selonians because he didn't want to see mystical and grace-like warriors reduced to work horses. Ironically enough with the trandotions on Belsavis however my Sin said to the Imperial lackies, "They would work best without your intervention."

Granted my Sin is supposed to be echani so the whole balance, temperament, composure, and analytic style of thinking comes natural to him.

Either way, Darth Imperious sounds way more refined and classy than Nox. Imperious ALLTHEWAY!

• 4 months later...
For my Inquisitor I'm playing with the mindset that early on she's still thinking like a slave, obedient with the occasional snarky comment to her superiors. She learns quickly though that compassion and mercy as a Sith must be handled carefully lest she be thought of as weak and taken out by another. Maybe I'll disable the LS/DS and see how that goes. :p

Exactly this.

Generally speaking, Dark Side choices are "kill/torture" choices. They do not necessarily serve a higher purpose other than to quench your Inquisitor's thirst for blood.

Light Side choices, on the other hand, while one wouldn't describe them as "Jedi" Light choices in any way, are surprisingly fitting for a class whose main attribute is Willpower and not Strength (if that makes sense :p).

Obviously, Inquisitors are not "good guys" - after all they are inspired by SW's ultimate villain, Sidious.

Sidious pulled the strings, manipulated galactic politics and had the Galactic Senate elect him Supreme Chancellor. He used Vader, Maul, Dooku and essentially the whole Republic to facilitate his rise to power. If that doesn't show great intellect and cunning, I don't know what does.

At least to me, it makes more sense that Inquisitors (and mainly Sorcerers) can control themselves much better than Warriors when deciding how to deal with a situation. For me, Sorcerers follow the archetype of the term and of the character they are inspired from in this particular game- wise and cunning individuals who'd rather lurk in the shadows and play others like puppets to unwillingly serve their purposes than engage in combat, because they know that's what they do best.

They are master manipulators and as such they should always be able to control their feelings and think beyond the instant gratification of killing, especially when such actions might have consequences in their rise within the Empire's ranks. On the other hand, what I don't understand are LS Warriors. They seem like such killing machines, that it almost makes no sense that they would ever choose not to kill or think about the consequences of what they're about to do.

And I blame Bioware for that :p - making us have to kite people to survive has changed my "unlimited powaaah" opinion of the class.

PS: And to answer your question, let's just say that the finale of chapter one and the following chapters don't really make you feel all warm and fuzzy about the Empire.

It's funny you should mention LS Warriors. I have a Chiss Warrior that I've found myself playing as half and half, with LS taking a slight lead. I'm playing this toon with the idea of her being loyal to the Empire, but having a warrior's code. For example, during a side quest you have the option of letting an enemy go or fighting him. She fought him because of her loyalty to the empire, but when an Imperial made a remark about "good riddance to bad rubbish" she chastised the Imperial that she didn't enjoy killing him and it would have been better to recruit him as an ally.

• 9 months later...
I actually find it weirdly easy to play my Inquisitor LS--I mean, partly it's because I seem to be constitutionally incapable of playing a bad character and I'm just going to feel guilty about any DS decisions, but for my Inquisitor, it makes sense with her background. She's a Twi'lek and she was a slave, after all, so first and foremost she cares about gaining enough power to protect herself, but being a slave has also left her with a keen sense of injustice and a desire to help others protect their freedom too (at least if it doesn't infringe on hers). She has no particular love for the Empire in general or for the Sith Order, either, because again...she was a slave, she was mistreated, she still runs into anti-alien prejudice, and the Empire and the Sith generally support all of that. She's not actively working against the Empire or anything, and I'm not sure whether she would if the opportunity presented itself, but she's also not going to do things just because they might benefit the Empire. Trying to change the Empire is important; so is keeping people alive who will owe her favors later.