Hardcore players are bane of mmos in current stage

It depends on time, again. TFB NIM came out 2 years ago and only drops level 180 gears.

It must drop something that you want or you wouldn't care ...

Easier? Very few people are willing to do a pug group even on Harbinger.

Are you trying to say it's not easier? Only 7 guilds in the world were able to finish TfB NM before the first nerf. And that was back when there were a lot of competitive players in the game.

Every single tier of gear that has come out since then has widened the pool of players able to finish TfB NM. And the level 60 cap added even more. The people that are unable to finish NM TfB wearing 192/198 gear are failing on mechanics or something basic.

Case in point: Your example of finishing NM EC despite letting all 3 Siege Droids get full stacks of Calibrating Shot.

Let's do some napkin math. A Siege Droid has about 160k hp.

Every 6 seconds, Calibrating Shot adds +12% DR to the droid.

Let's take a group of three on one droid.

1 dps doing 2.5k damage

1 dps doing 2.5k damage

1 tank doing 1k damage

Total 6k dps

6.0k dps * 6 seconds (0% dr)

5.3k dps * 6 seconds (12% dr)

4.6k dps * 6 seconds (24% dr)

3.8k dps * 6 seconds (36% dr)

3.1k dps * 6 seconds (48% dr)

2.4k dps * 6 seconds (60% dr)

1.6k dps * 6 seconds (72% dr)

= dead droid

So missing EVERY interrupt, this group composition could kill a Siege Droid at 6 stacks. SIX STACKS. Your group let each droid get to EIGHT stacks? Your dps were either missing EVERY interrupt and doing less than 2.5k dps, or are missing MOST interrupts and doing less than 2k dps.

And this is the sort of group you would expect to do NM TfB and faceroll it?

Edited by Khevar

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must drop something that you want or you wouldn't care ...

Are you trying to say it's not easier? Only 7 guilds in the world were able to finish TfB NM before the first nerf. And that was back when there were a lot of competitive players in the game.

Every single tier of gear that has come out since then has widened the pool of players able to finish TfB NM. And the level 60 cap added even more. The people that are unable to finish NM TfB wearing 192/198 gear are failing on mechanics or something basic.

Case in point: Your example of finishing NM EC despite letting all 3 Siege Droids get full stacks of Calibrating Shot.

Let's do some napkin math. A Siege Droid has about 160k hp.

Every 6 seconds, Calibrating Shot adds +12% DR to the droid.

Let's take a group of three on one droid.

1 dps doing 2.5k damage

1 dps doing 2.5k damage

1 tank doing 1k damage

Total 6k dps

6.0k dps * 6 seconds (0% dr)

5.3k dps * 6 seconds (12% dr)

4.6k dps * 6 seconds (24% dr)

3.8k dps * 6 seconds (36% dr)

3.1k dps * 6 seconds (48% dr)

2.4k dps * 6 seconds (60% dr)

1.6k dps * 6 seconds (72% dr)

= dead droid

So missing EVERY interrupt, this group composition could kill a Siege Droid at 6 stacks. SIX STACKS. Your group let each droid get to EIGHT stacks? Your dps were either missing EVERY interrupt and doing less than 2.5k dps, or are missing MOST interrupts and doing less than 2k dps.

And this is the sort of group you would expect to do NM TfB and faceroll it?

And it's still not easy enough for a 2-3 years old content

We were not a full group at that time. No, but I expect most of the pugs could do TFB easily, most of them could finish Kephess without such mistake.

And it's still not easy enough for a 2-3 years old content

We were not a full group at that time. No, but I expect most of the pugs could do TFB easily, most of them could finish Kephess without such mistake.

Top tier content is always about 100% execution of mechanic. You simply cannot brute force your way through it, not even being overleveled and overgeared can save you from mechanic that is designed to wipe the group if not executed properly. Most of the mechanics in HM/Nim are already present in SM, but taken up to eleven and buffed so groups have no choice but to deal with them.

I still see people dying to being Doomed in SM TfB. Level 60 and wearing 192/198. Most pugs can clear all SM content, but HM and NiM require coordination. It's simply something that you won't see much in a group of strangers.

Edited by iusCogens

I'm going to go ahead and give you a 7/10 for this . One of the best troll posts I've ever seen in a while ; i mean you got 12 pages of people actually replying to this post. :cool:

But in the off chance you are actually serious.... then... WOW! Are you freaking serious ? There is literally nothing in this game that is denied to you , you just want everything that take the tiniest bit of work to be handed to you on a silver plate and by this , i mean gear specifically , because the way operations are designed now and have always been , is that SM version is made so that everyone can complete it and get rewards and if you aren't interested in progression stuff , you are not obligated to do anything more than that.

Hard Mode content ( which could be considered the equivalent of the old NiM version of the ops ) is designed for people who enjoy a bit a challenge and group coordination and tactics and apparently you think you are entitled to the same stuff that they are , which is no , i repeat it is NOT the case.

Also , i am not sure you are using the term "casual" correctly. I used to run with a hardcore progression guild back in the days that i still played WoW and let me tell you that the experience there is nothing compared to here. We used to sit in Naxramas for hours on end each day of the week to get used to the mechanics , not to mention the fact that we had something called DKP , Dragon Kill Points , which , if you do a simple google search , will tell you that its a retardedly massive pain in the sides , but that was back in the day when i used to have no actual life outside of a game and that was hardcore gaming.

Now in comparison to that , this entire game is casual city. Due to RL responsibilities , i do not have more than maybe 2 hours , maybe 3 , to play this game and this is not even on a day to day basis , so going by that , i should be cataloged as a casual , but in those 2-3 hours , me along with my guild mates managed to clear 8 out of the 10 bosses in TOS and Ravagers and this is with us doing ops runs 1 or 2 times per week.

How much more casual would you like the game to be ? Unless you are a complete imbecile , that has lost their ability to press the damn keys on your mouse or keyboard , you can complete the SM version of ANY OPERATION IN THIS GAME and if you actually want more gear , you can put a bit of extra focus into learning your class along with encounters and mechanics and get into a guild and coordinate to do HM stuff as well.

In conclusion , i think that if you are not trolling ( which i still think you are and again i must congratulate you , since you got me to reply ) , then a MMO is not the game for you , since apparently content for you means wanting to have the same gear as the people who actually want to face a challenge and you crave their rewards for doing that challenging task , but don't want to put the same amount of effort as they did.

I already linked my 8/10 hm progression and you still call me a troll. I also would glad to link my old wow progression, but it's useless anyway. Why should games without any competetive scene busy players with hardcore stuff? If majority doesn't enjoy hard content, why it should even exist. I still don't hear any good point.

Edited by onegoldpls

Top tier content is always about 100% execution of mechanic. You simply cannot brute force your way through it, not even being overleveled and overgeared can save you from mechanic that is designed to wipe the group if not executed properly. Most of the mechanics in HM/Nim are already present in SM, but taken up to eleven and buffed so groups have no choice but to deal with them.

I still see people dying to being Doomed in SM TfB. Level 60 and wearing 192/198. Most pugs can clear all SM content, but HM and NiM require coordination. It's simply something that you won't see much in a group of strangers.

It's not brute the way, we study the guide and some ppl have done it, yet it's still not friendly to pugs.

I already linked my 8/10 hm progression and you still call me a troll. I also would glad to link my old wow progression, but it's useless anyway. Why should games without any competetive scene busy players with hardcore stuff? If majority doesn't enjoy hard content, why it should even exist. I still don't hear any good point.

I'm sorry , but i really didn't have the patience to read through the 12 pages of this thread , i only looked at what you posted initially , but if you want a reason why hard content is in a game , here it is : Some people enjoy the challenge.

It does not have to be 100% of the player base that does it , just enough people , that the developers can make a profit out of developing that content because people will keep their subscription going , just so they can play with their friends and enjoy the challenge of a coordinated fight.

It is not mandatory to complete so you are not obligated to do it if you don't feel like it . Just like a single player game has multiple difficulty modes so you can challenge your skill a MMO has different levels of difficulty for their content.

Games with a competitive aspect to them , like Starcraft , have their focus on pvp , but even a game like that , still has difficulty settings for their single player campaigns , so players can enjoy and satisfy their need for

"hardcore stuff" as you put it. And if that is not enough , then how about another example , this time of a single player game , without a competitive aspect :

Witcher 3 - i do not think i am the only one on these forums that has played that game 1 time on normal difficulty and then , just for the extra fun , did another run on Death March ( hardest difficulty if i remember correctly ), just to see if i can do it and to see how good i was at controlling the character.

Its that simple really, a game has that , so that people that want to do it , have that option , but it is not forced on anyone and doesn't take a huge amount of time to develop ( this is a presumption from my part based based on the ops that i see in this game and other MMOs as well ) , since most encounters are basically the same as the easy version , with maybe a few tweaks here and there to dmg , HP and with maybe a new added mechanic for extra difficulty.