Requeue if story owner but not grouped?

So I was in a group doing False Emperor when right after we killed the HK boss, the other 3 group members left. Apparently they just needed that boss for something (1 of them needed on the drop). It auto put the group in the queue, but once all 3 of them dropped and I was no longer grouped, it removed me from the queue, and then wouldn't let me queue up saying that I "Currently have an active phase and cannot queue."

Is this intended? Because of they all dropped - and I couldn't queue - I basically wasted all that time for nothing, since the only reward is from completion. Why wasn't I able to queue by myself when I was the story owner to complete the instance?

Well, to answer your question, you weren't able to reque because of your active phase. Unfortunately, resetting your phase will reset the flashpoint. This is one of the problematic issues centered around the grouping system, especially the Group Finder. With the new expansion, players will only want to complete the flashpoint in order to get closer toward achieving their companion. I would recommend that you ask around on the group chat or even ask some friends on your guild to help you through the flashpoint. I hope this helps you out!

I did this FP on story mode last night to help a guildmate get the HK part. We had 3 guildies and a random 4th. They wanted to complete the FP for gear, so we finished it. We got on with the 4th and recruited them into our guild!

Dropping out after the HK fight when you have someone in the group who wants to complete is very, very bad form in my opinion. I've seen people pugging groups in fleet chat for HK only runs, that's a much better way to do it.