"I'll try spinning, THAT's a cool trick!"

Gantoris_Aym

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest Star Pilot in the Galaxy, folks!

Here's one from me:

"These blast points, too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise..."

Stormtroopers cannot hit the broadside of a barn with a rocket launcher the entire rest of the series.

Which is quite hilarious since in Episode 1 you see Tusken Raiders hitting a pod racer going in, well... Ludicrous speed, with a rifle with only a small sight.

A tusken raider, that is not as "accurate" as a stormtrooper, taking into account the wind (although this might not matter because well... blasters... Pewpew) and the speed of the shot fired compared to the pod racers speed to find the exact spot to shoot where the pod racer and bullet would intersect.

so according to you then there hasn't been a single other movie where a child actually has good dialogue?

Get him to watch Stand By Me.

A film with 4 kids and hailed as an absolute classic ... also my wifes favourite film.

On Topic.....

"My power has doubled since last time we met".

Said Anakin to Dooku after checking his Force'o'meter.

Get him to watch Stand By Me.

A film with 4 kids and hailed as an absolute classic ... also my wifes favourite film.

On Topic.....

"My power has doubled since last time we met".

Said Anakin to Dooku after checking his Force'o'meter.

Last i watched it they werent 9 years old either. I have 2 sons, kids say things adult wouldnt.

But this the internet, land of the e-tards, not sure why i expected intellect past that of a feild mouse to rear its head.

Last i watched it they werent 9 years old either. I have 2 sons, kids say things adult wouldnt.

I have 1 son and 4 daughters.

Kids say things that pop in their little heads regardless of if it holds any meaning or not.

Kids in films are a risk.

They are either good or incredibly bad.

While I have no doubt that a kid of Anakins age in that position may have said the things he did it just came across as ..... cheesy.

"These blast points, too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise..."

Stormtroopers cannot hit the broadside of a barn with a rocket launcher the entire rest of the series.

This is known as the "Stormtrooper Effect" :). In effect, the more important the character being shot at the less effective the bad guys are.

The total phony dialogue when Obiwan reveals Anakins deeds to Padme, which is not necessary for him:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Padmé, I must find him.

Padmé: You're going to kill him, aren't you?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: He has become a very great threat.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin is the father, isn't he?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'm so sorry."

This is known as the "Stormtrooper Effect" :). In effect, the more important the character being shot at the less effective the bad guys are.

there are ways you can do it with out having it be so obvious. The easy way to do it is always have your main characters in cover and then have a bunch of "red shirts" close to them that get killed instead.

Or just have your heroes get shot every now and then but don't kill them.

"I don't like sand. It's rough, its coarse and it gets everywhere. Not like you, your everything soft and smooth."

My god, Rifftrax took that one to pieces. They were still referencing all the way through Return of the Jedi.

The best part was when one of the guys commented on how brilliant it was that the droids hid on Tatooine in A New Hope...

Vader would never find them there, because he hates sand

Almost forgot:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Is that Vader RotS "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," or Luke ESB "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?" Both are pretty funny.

Anyway, my vote goes to either Obi Wan's "a certain point of view" nonsense, or Qui Gon's speech about midichlorians to Anakin.

Edited by Jmannseelo

Is that Vader RotS "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," or Luke ESB "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?" Both are pretty funny.

Anyway, my vote goes to either Obi Wan's "a certain point of view" nonsense, or Qui Gon's speech about midichlorians to Anakin.

To be honest, it works for either, but I was referring to RotS.

Which is quite hilarious since in Episode 1 you see Tusken Raiders hitting a pod racer going in, well... Ludicrous speed, with a rifle with only a small sight.

A tusken raider, that is not as "accurate" as a stormtrooper, taking into account the wind (although this might not matter because well... blasters... Pewpew) and the speed of the shot fired compared to the pod racers speed to find the exact spot to shoot where the pod racer and bullet would intersect.

Hitting a speeding pod racer requires accuracy yes, but that is not what Obi-Wan ment at all.

"And these Blast points too accurate for sand people, only imperial storm troopers are so precise!"

Its one thing to hit a something like a Pod Racer. But the Tusken raider would only be being 'Precise' if he was hitting the exact point he wished on said racer.

If you pull out a rifle and shoot a gungan in the foot but you had intended to shoot him in the head, while you might of been accurate enough to hit the target you failed to be precise enough to actually hit him where you wanted.

That was Obi-wans entire point, Sand people shooting up a Sandcrawler would of just blasted everywhere they wouldn't of been precise in their targeting of the vehicle to immobilize it.

Plus you can't make judgements on Stormtrooper accuracy based off shots towards Han, Leia(Who they did hit more than once), Luke, Chewie, R2, C3PO or Lando since said characters are protected by the power of plot which causes even the best shots in the galaxy to miss on a whim to ensure the main characters survive.

But more on Topic.

Anything that came out of Little Annies mouth, yes he's a kid, but even kids don't say stupid things 100% of the time they actually tend to have some smarts to them. Hell even Yoda's Younglings were smarter than little annie. And I think they were a year or two younger than Little annie was by comparison relatively.

Pretty much any of the Romance dialogue....I don't think I've seen a more cardboard forced romance ever forced into a movie. Yes it was necessary for the plot but....dear lord with the lines spoken they should never of hooked up. Would of made more sense if it had been a quick physical fling that ended up with padme getting pregnant rather than some forced 'deep emotional connection'.

"I'll try SPINNING. THAT's a cool Trick!"

Why oh why did they take out "Fear is my ally...." in favor of lines like that.

This is my RE to the Phantom Menance. :rolleyes: From American Psycho.

"My pain is constant and acute now, only there is no catharsis; I no longer wish for a better world for anyone, rather I wish to inflict my pain, in all it's savagery, on others. My story is over, and there is no greater moral or wisdom and, no knowledge gained from the telling. This confession, has meant, nothing."

It's like Labyrinth of Evil. Palpatine was clearly causing Anakin's sleep deprivation and dreams of Padme's death. Dialogue between Palpatine and Anakin about that alone would be great. Eventually Anakin would reconcile himself with Palpatine's nature on an horribly unbalanced equation with frustration with Yoda basically telling him "Let her die." At some point Yoda would eventually say "What I really mean is someone's messing with your head so don't worry about it." In Yoda talk. If I have any gripe with the dialogue in Revenge, it's that so much is left implied to an irrational climax of emotions after the death of Windu, that would make no sense if we didn't know how messed up Anakin was really getting. Go for the obvious, George!

Edited by TheRyllThing