It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

IT'S A TRAP! I did Section X and Czerka. Then I went to Fleet to buy something from the Light-side vendor. That's when I noticed my Alignment had reset. I asked in General and several people told me it's a bug for doing Section X.

OMG I was Light 5 before that. :eek:

Make sure to toss this in a the bug report section asap.

But honestly, here is the thing I've noticed about CXP. When it gives a good amount (like 1 box every 10 minutes or so), people actually seem to really like it. It's when it is about 1 box every 30 minutes to an hour, that people really don't enjoy it.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
IT'S A TRAP! I did Section X and Czerka. Then I went to Fleet to buy something from the Light-side vendor. That's when I noticed my Alignment had reset. I asked in General and several people told me it's a bug for doing Section X.

OMG I was Light 5 before that. :eek:

I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Thanks,

Keith---

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

Keith, I implore you... please keep this. Rotate with these special weekly zones that are way over-CXP friendly.

I literally haven't had much of a compelling reason to log in the past couple months since I finished the story to its conclusion. It's just felt like a drag. But I read Dulfy every day because I also play GW2, and I saw the story about this, and I logged in tonight and I've loved moving ahead in levels. I don't need gear on my character, she's completely decked out in 230s so none of the gear has been useful. BUT... I keep doing the 'enhanced' dailies for these staggering amounts of CXP because higher levels are within my sights rather than a VERY distant dream.

This would make me continue my subscription until your next actual content release (like KOTFE/KOTET, not these patches that have an op boss or a single flashpoint I could care less about.) If someone had actually done this on purpose, this bug... well, that person should get an award for probably the best marketing decision all year. :) But as a bug, it's wonderful for your players. Please keep it.

Edited by damonskye

Based on the CXP we get at the moment, we might be lvling to fast so my suggestion is to just cut it in half or provide a daily and weekly quest. Daily quest: Clear 2 daily area's (this quest gives a large amount of cxp (3000) , weekly quest: Clear 8 daily area's (grants 9000 cxp)

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric

Another nerf to make the grind longer and harder. When will you people realise you are driving people away by nerfing things that don't need it and with this ridiculous attitude of making the game less fun. All my friends and partner have quit the game because you just don't understand the players need for fun and not work.

Listen to the damn feed back of your players or if you don't care about it, at least be honest and tell us so we stop hanging around in the slim hope you'll get your act together.

I'm already being pressured by my partner and friends to unsub and go play another game and you continue to give them more ammo to convince me,

Edited by Totemdancer

Honestly, it IS a bit overpowered with this bug.

But damn, I love it!

As has been said, it's actually fun now. My one rank 300 main has opened a lot of boxes and received an upgrade or two. A few of my alts have thought it's their birthday and Lifeday all at once. I can finally play any alt I want to without feeling guilty for not playing my main!

Republic only, not imps.

Yep, it's a Vanguard. I keep doing the quest with the staged bonus mission that's supposed to cause the bug, tried loggin out while on the quest, tried just finishing the final stage (that same weird bug on both factions...) but nothing happens. Guess I don't get to exploit this bug :p

Edited by Mubrak

If CXP had been like this from the start, I would have kept my subscription. Still, nice timing with the double CXP too, so I'll play for this week/month at least.

And my character suffered from the Section X bug too a few months ago. It took a few weeks to get back to light V, even with the current way lightside points work. It normally wouldn't matter too much to me, but I'm trying not to let my lightside tokens build up too much, and the better stuff on the vendor (relatively speaking) require high light alignment, which made it... annoying to say the least.

After that I avoid the Section X weekly, I don't want it reset again. Based on other posts, it might have something to do with doing that really long three-stage bonus mission and logging out while still in Section X or something like that. I know that bonus mission has been bugged for years, but only recently did it reset alignment somehow. The bug might take several days to show up, as if you do the bonus once, the next time it starts at stage 3 or something, which might be related to the reset bug. Doesn't seem like they'll fix it anytime soon, based on how many months ago some other posts were.

I do wish CXP dailies were like this all the time, or even 50% of this. Before, a fully daily area barely filled about half a bar. And all only for a small chance at getting something useful. I'll see if I can get a character to 300 then probably give up on this game again.

Edited by RandomNobody

Yep, it's a Vanguard. I keep doing the quest with the staged bonus mission that's supposed to cause the bug, tried loggin out while on the quest, tried just finishing the final stage (that same weird bug on both factions...) but nothing happens. Guess I don't get to exploit this bug :p

Weird, guess whatever allignment you got, knows what's really in your heart.:rak_03:

Ehm ... the c-xp was always this high during double c-xp event ,why are you patching it ?

Then whats the point of double c-xp event if it does give player friendly c-xp ?:confused:

Nerfing c-xp event [and everything else ] isnt the answer ...:(

Edited by REVAN_cz

Ehm ... the c-xp was always this high during double c-xp event ,why are you patching it ?

Then whats the point of double c-xp event if it does give player friendly c-xp ?:confused:

Those missions are supposed to give 150 CXP during double CXP, not 2250; especially not the staged bonus missions on Oricon and Yavin (for every single stage!). And it wasn't always this high, the CXP gain for the dailies changed with 5.4 last week.

I'm not complaining, and yes, the standard amount should be increased, but let's be honest - using 5 clickies, killing one mob and returning to the mission box isn't really worth a command crate. 1-2 command crate per daily planet (plus maybe an extra one on Yavin+Oricon when you take the time to do all bonuses) sounds nice, though.

Edited by Mubrak

News at 11: A cxp bug drives players together to play age old content for the first time in years. BW is concerned and is looking for a way to shut down this fiasco of players having fun with there precious grind system. We'll keep an eye on this story as it develops.

Back to you, Mark.

Edited by DenariusJay

Suddenly people play content! Its weird! I know MMOs are slow burn but this is a refreshing glitch that revives some things! Group up and get some CXP! YAY! The gods of Iokath have not struggled free, they have sacrificed themselves so the other zones may live a week longer! Praise the gods! :)

News at 11: A cxp bug drives players together to play age old content for the first time in years. BW is concerned and is looking for a way to shut down this fiasco of players having fun with there precious grind system. We'll keep an eye on this story as it develops.

Back to you, Mark.

accurate! i mean... i didn't know about this bug until today but.. there were people! other people questing! usually when i do go back to old areas, I'm either the only person there (at least for my faction, or maybe there's 2-3 people at best. I actualy saw people! I had to wait my turn to click on a quest item! and omg... so many crates.... it was actualy fun farming cxp for once!

and we just cannot have that, can we >_>

I am glad that this gamebreaking bug is going to be fixed. With more cxp they would grind less in the end. But metrics show that people rather want to grind any kind of content instead of just playing what they like.

I mean you could just create a FP that is fun to play. But it is much smarter to create just any FP and a reward which you will only get after grinding the FP ten times.

I threw Iokath in a dumpster to go have a look for myself last night (that and my Agent quest bugged out), and lo and behold LIFE, precious life in these places that usually have just me in it.

Apart from section X, which I'm not risking on account of the potential bug.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

To add something to this Keith.

I subscribed purely because of this bug. I have yet to get one character to Command Rank 300, and the current level of CXP gain is acceptable as it feels like I'm actually making progress.

So one suggestion, increase CXP gains in other areas of the game instead of lowering the CXP gains for dailies. I'm far more likely to subscribe in that scenario than the development team deciding to lower CXP values for the "bug". That should be the standard level, bare minimum if you want to engage players who are "on the fence" over the whole Galactic Command that was introduced in 5.0.

Make the game fun, see what the response is from players (I suspect you already know this, considering how active the daily areas are). If you want to increase participation in any meaningful way, this is one of those no-brainer moments.

Or ya know just don't fix and enjoy many more people actually playing your game.

Amazingly there are actually other players to be seen in instances in the daily areas.

Seriously just think about it for a second ... CXP has driven so many people away the minute there is a bug that means they can get CXP at a reasonable rate they flood back to take advantage. This tell you CXP is a cancer on this game and instead of doing something about that you are instead going to fix the bug so people can again not play your game? That's the opposite of what you should be doing.

Fwiw I did about 3 hours yesterday and went from 85 to 105 (I've never had a 300). That's still going to take me another 10 days just to get to 300 and then farming from there to get BiS.

What this tells me is you should introduce a boost that people can buy (like superior command boost and stacks on top of that) that boosts whichever activity type they want to do by this proportions. So 1125 instead of 75 - 1500% boost.

Sell daily ones, heroic ones etc. etc. and have them so they ONLY work sub 300.

My biggest issue with this system has always been the tiers themselves. If it took me a few weeks or a month doing just the content I want to do to reach that top tier and then a slower grind from there getting the top RNG drops I really wouldn't have as big of a problem with this system.

Please take heed of the enjoyment people are getting from this and re-think what you are doing and how you can make it better for all. I know surely at some stage there must be a tier/gear boost coming in the future so you really need to have a system in place before that happens so people won't feel so daunted by yet another level to have to reach.

New players/returning players are the ones most effect by GC - many forum users have been around so long they've hit 300 multiple times probably so any feedback in that regards from people already at 300 is moot when it comes to attracting back new/returning players.

So very true, since cxp has been launched people have been searching for ways to grind as much as they can. The methods have been nerfed one by one. Now we were down to Chapter 1 and 2 with 100% boost and Hammerstation Master mode.

This came again as a blessing and the instances are swarming with ppl, I had to go to Yavin PVP instance as ppl were waiting to kill the mobs on Yavin just like day of release and that was during a work day on lunch time!!