Fixing rewards for PvP

Banderal

There have been a few posts in the past about how to fix PvP rewards to make people actually care. I think they have all been on the wrong track. They all still reward credits and gear. Bleh. I know I can speak for all PvP'rs; obviously I've talked with all of us in our special little group; when I say we don't care about that.

Here's a better way to do rewards. Some of these might need some fine tuning, but I think doing something like this would really get the PvP queue's rocking again!

1. Upon completing a Vandin HB, a Quesh HB or an OPG match start to finish, you get a consumable that lets you chose the next map.

2. If you are a merc/mando left solo guarding a node (except for NC) for more than 30 seconds, you get a consumable that gives you free 5 minute CC immunity from anyone on your own team.

3. If you backfill into a match after it has started and stay, you are automatically at the front of the queue next time you queue up.

4. If you backfill into a match after it has started, and you win it - then you get a consumable that will let you boot from a future match, uncontested, anyone who quit that original match after it started.

5. If you are solo guarding a node, and hold it for at least 30 seconds after calling inc multiple times, and then die, and still no one from your team is within 100 meters of your location, then you get a free "quit" that doesn't trigger the other rewards.

5.a. - if someone backfills from a quit #5, then alternately they can have a "queue without possibility of backfill" consumable.

6. If you throw a guard on someone and actually stay in guard range for more than 50% of the time, you get a consumable that gives a 2 minute, 40% boost to all your DPS.

7. If you are solo guarding and call inc at least 20 seconds before you die, you get a consumable that grants you instant whitebar.

8. If you DON'T try to run orbs when your team is behind by 200 points in AHG, then you get a consumable that makes orbs you do run in your next AHG worth double.

9. If you peel for a healer, then you get a consumable that makes any healer's heals in a match apply to you also, lasts 2 minutes.

10. If you play a game start to finish, lose, don't rage in chat, don't give up and sit and do nothing, and don't start uselessly DPSing, walking around, healing yourself, etc. You get a consumable for your next PvP queue that makes it honor your ignore list.

11. If you play a match against a premade, and win, you get a consumable that grants you "premade reflection". You can apply it to an enemy premade in the future, and it makes all their attacks reflect back on their own premade mates, and all heals from them reflect onto you instead - lasts 2 minutes. If you apply it incorrectly to a team that doesn't actually have a premade it is wasted, and it also triggers #12.

12. If your PUG group is coordinated enough to get accused of being a premade in chat, and you are not in one, then you get a consumable that grants you "premade for the win". You apply it to an enemy target, and it redirects all attacks from your entire team to that target, no matter if they are normally in range or not. Lasts 30 seconds.

Notice these are all rewards, not penalties. Sure, a few might allow you to "attack" other players, but that is what PvP is about. :D So, anything I missed?

My only problem is I would dread the bugs after such an encompassing patch. I mean imagine all the coding and work this would require. Ouchie. :(

2. If you are a merc/mando left solo guarding a node (except for NC) for more than 30 seconds, you get a consumable that gives you free 5 minute CC immunity from anyone on your own team.

Also, I don't understand this one explain this. (Why would I need CC immunity from someone on my team?)

Edited by Lhancelot

How about upon completing Civil War, Yavin Ruins and Odessen Proving grounds, you get a consumable that lets you choose the next map? Because I don't like those 3.

Yes to Proving Grounds (that's in my list as "OPG"). I debated about Yavin, because I don't like that one either. Civil War you are just mistaken. You must have missed the "all PvP'rs required meeting" where we decided that CW was fine. :p

My only problem is I would dread the bugs after such an encompassing patch. I mean imagine all the coding and work this would require. Ouchie. :(

They are going to break ridiculous stuff with each patch anyway. In AHG, half the time you can actually turn in an orb towards the end of the game, and it's 100% of the time if turning in that orb would insta-win-come-from-behind win it for you. They broke gearing on purpose. They broke cc breaker in HB. On and on. I'd rather have them break stuff that I wanted them to work on anyway. :D

Also, I don't understand this one explain this. (Why would I need CC immunity from someone on my team?)

This is in reaction to your own team's stupidity for leaving a mand/merc as a solo guard. On my shadow I drool when I see this. It's like easy-ninja-cap time. So if you are one of those poor mercs that gets left there, and you actually stay and try to help the team... I think you deserve to be able to do the same thing TO them next time, but better.

You realize the entire original post was tongue-in-cheek, right? Mostly a poke at the things people do or complain about that I think are silly and stupid. :D