#BringBack2.10TTK

QuiveringPotato

I think one of the biggest problems with TTK being too high is so many players are playing ranged classes (mainly mercs but also snipers). Killing mercs and snipers with another ranged takes forever since there is virtually no chance you'll get a sniper out of cover without melee help and mercs against ranged obviously have so many self heals and kiting abilities that just killing one can take minutes. Throw in the fact that there are so many healers running around and that all tank classes have guard regardless of spec and it's no wonder no one dies in wz's anymore.

Dps operative lacking survival please don't make me laugh. Have you seen the thrill of the hunt video and how boring ops made it. Even Snave who has something to say on every subject, plays an op exclusively since launch and hosted the event was having a snooze. The point is that healers should have a nerve twitching time keeping players alive. Players with the stealth should have to run or die when you turn around and beat on them. Pure DPS (snipers and maras) should hit like a train but need a healer. Tank/dps classes should do their job with a little advantage of the offspec. And sorcs healers should not be able to solo heal a wz reg or ranked while doing some crafting and reading up on google.

I am not advocating easy kills but with so many dcds, not enough damage, and huge heals (op bug/sorc easy mode) the game is growing stale. No one wants to die but this is a computer game so suck it up and wait for the respawn.

I enjoyed all the operative fights with the exception of one round. Also I'm not sure comparing general PvP balance to a 1v1 tournament is particularly wise :)

Go play an Operative in ranked before commenting, then tell me how epic their survival truly is when focused.

• Can't roll when netted.
  • Only 1 stun breaker and saving it for net can be a death sentence when hard stunned and focused.
  • No DCD that can be used while stunned.
  • Evasion is short lived and on a relatively long cool down
  • Keeping probes up for heal and DR takes 1-2 GCD
  • Curative Agent is great, but does far too little healing if focused by 2 people. Even with Curative Agent + Probe + DR on Stim Boost you will not survive being focused.
  • Lack luster damage compared to mara, sins, merc, sniper.
  • You basically need to save Evasion for Cloaking Screen to have any chance of escaping in stealth
  • Would gladly trade Volatile Substance for something that did direct (instant) damage

In normal warzones you can better run away from the fight, but in ranked you kinda have to be in there, and, well, then you will probably be focused.

So yeah... "nerf operatives" ha ha ha....

All of the above is correct.

People that cried since the beginning of the game, achieved their goal of bringing Ops and Scoundrels to a laughabale state, still have the nerve to ask for more nerfs for this class...

Can people finally focus their cries on some other classes? :rolleyes:

You guys talking about Operatives doing too much damage in 2.x are really weird.

Operatives were waaaaay down on the totem pole during that era and Assassins were pretty in pretty much every conceivable way - Especially burst damage.

This whole thing about being stun locked 100-0% is just flat out nonsense, I can try and dig up one of my old posts about it but for an Operative in BiS gear to get anywhere remotely near to that amount of damage required every ability to crit and for the enemy to have absolutely terrible gear.

Assasins, on the other hand, could do 90% of a target's health while they're wearing BiS gear in around 6 seconds.

And are we all just forgetting about smash being the most broken ability in the history of ever? Although I think that was fixed by 2.10.

The last time Operatives were FOTM as DPS was 1.4 or 1.2, I try to forget the pain caused by the first great Operative nerf. Heals were FOTM for a long time though, roughly the same as the smash era iirc. You'll have to forgive me if I can't remember the exact specifics, I'm old and I drink a lot.

It was cover healing that that really hit the op healer hard. Although now with entrench I would like to see 1 other class be able to dig a sniper out even if it takes a utility. Maybe a PT. It would be worth a healers time to back up a PT if they could blow cover. I like biowares attempt to balance through unusual skills. It just got to the stage where an unusual skill was another dcd. Maybe time to bring back some more offensive stuff. Like shoulder rockets and electro net were.

PS sorry to drag you into Snave but hopefully you appreciate the plug, I really enjoyed the final. Your right 1v1 without bolster doesn't represent a wz and neither do dummy numbers but they are a guide line.

I agree, the large health pool and healers are killing PVP, I would limit the number of healers per match, like PVE group finder, you queue as either a Tank, DPS or Healer and only 1 heals slot per 8 man.

Yeah, adding 1T/1H matchmaking would make things considerably better, (or 2T/2H if they were to lower TTK), but unbalanced matches are killing my will to play.