The 300 Rating Augments are pointless and not worth getting

Rhys_lightning

True, they don't actually need them, but all it takes is for one to get them, and more will follow, especially if it gives that person an edge. I think that's what BW hoped for, that there would be a run on this. We all know, people have them already, and will be using them in ranked, which will have a knock on effect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sort of my point - the stated purpose seems rather stupid and then extrapolating the comment on the gtn a bit; id say these were intended to create a new overarching reason to play.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of my point - the stated purpose seems rather stupid and then extrapolating the comment on the gtn a bit; id say these were intended to create a new overarching reason to play.

Yeah , pretty much this...

We just needed something to do in this game...:p But I doubt they intended them to cost over 500 mil / piece on the GTN and that is why I wouldn't be surprised if they made them more accessible in the future.

Just how long do you need to play to make a billion credits? Legitimately play that is, doing dailies, fps, PVP etc.

Its not like these things change much. Even PVP is pretty predictable these days.

And the credits reward is what? most PVP/PVE things generate about 5K / minute. So about an hour a day for a year..... doing the same old repetitive BS.... To buy one at today's prices....when you need 14..... for a rather miniscule gain.....

This game needs some seriously huge injection of content, otherwise it'll simply die of apathy.

Just how long do you need to play to make a billion credits? Legitimately play that is, doing dailies, fps, PVP etc.

Its not like these things change much. Even PVP is pretty predictable these days.

And the credits reward is what? most PVP/PVE things generate about 5K / minute. So about an hour a day for a year..... doing the same old repetitive BS.... To buy one at today's prices....when you need 14..... for a rather miniscule gain.....

This game needs some seriously huge injection of content, otherwise it'll simply die of apathy.

It depends on how you play, if you are talking about just content, a while, but if you do content, cq, and play the gtn, then it can vary. The gtn is the fastest way, use your free cc's to buy hot items, sell them, use the credits to buy cheap stuff (deco's are the best) , and flip them when the price goes up. Do cq on as many alts as possible, with guilds, especially if they pick high yield planets, get lots of credits from that, again, buy cheap stuff on the gtn, to resell. And of course do dailies, while not as profitable as they used to be, can still be nice, especially if done on multiple chars.

There's is also crafting, from small stuff likes dyes (made right, can sell well), to bigger stuff. If you craft stuff for cq, sometimes that can sell well too.

Edited by DarkTergon

You need to know how to sell things like any business you have to have money to make money. Credits in the game are not gonna come from farming flashpoints or raids or story missions. Unless your farming for gear and dismantle for legend embers but thats still not worth it compared to gtn.

I've made many B selling crafted items on the gtn. You could also sell cartel market items. But why spend real money when you don't have to.

I mean I could buy a full set rn but I'm not because thats too stupid of a price for a augment.

I do recommend you learning to use the gtn it is a game mode anyway.

And people been saying this game is dead for years and ots still here lol. Don't really think it needs a injection of content to stay alive tho that content is what everyone wants to see.

Edited by codydmaan

You need to know how to sell things like any business you have to have money to make money. Credits in the game are not gonna come from farming flashpoints or raids or story missions. Unless your farming for gear and dismantle for legend embers but thats still not worth it compared to gtn.

You can make a decent amount from dailies, etc, especially if done in line with CQ. Not billions, but you can use it as seed capital to start your journey to becoming a GTN tycoon.

Y

I've made many B selling crafted items on the gtn. You could also sell cartel market items. But why spend real money when you don't have to.

I

Crafted items are another great way, or if you don't like crafting, just gathering the mats that people use the most can be profitable. I can speak for any of the other 'big' gtn players, but I've never spent real money on cc's to sell, I started small, using the free cc's, building them up, and credits from selling, etc. It does take time starting, but once you get in to the swing of it, the turn around can be quite fast.

And people been saying this game is dead for years and ots still here lol. Don't really think it needs a injection of content to stay alive tho that content is what everyone wants to see.

They being saying that since beta, if not even before. It's only die when the license gets pulled, or they make a new MMO, I think till that happens, we're pretty good. But, yes, we need more content, people are foaming at the mouth for actual content, not useless unwanted augments.

Yep exactly. Beta player here too. I did take a break for a couple years. Everything is the best when it first releases. I wouldn't mind a new mmo the the sheer amount of work it would take something would've been leaked about it by now lol.

But yeah back to the thread I beleive they r going through a cycle the same cycle they've been going through for years. Taylor to nim raiders while trying to keep a dead mode (ranked pvp) alive

The consequences are the vast majority of the player base doesn't do that content so that why we have alot of ppl complaining.

For those saying the new augments are not worth getting I would like to direct you to parses on parsely. Look at that infiltration spec doing 1k more dps than the next closest guy and 6.1.3. So yes the augments apparently are worth getting despite the extraordinary amount of materials required to get one of them though if you have your crafting maxxed and the right loadout with gear you have a very high chance of making two for the price of one. So yes you will notice a decent push in dps with the new augments

This game catered casuals so much you all want everything handed to you without any effort. Giving augments from mm fp's.

Sure let me write a macro, will run 7/24 farming hammer station with comp. Ez game ez life.

YOU DON'T NEED THEM. FOR ANY CONTENT IN THE GAME.

IF YOU WANT THEM, STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND PLAY THE GAME INSTEAD OF PLAYING SPACE BARBIE.

IF YOU REALLY INSIST PLAYING SPACE BARBIE AND STILL WANT TO HAVE THEM. BUY THEM FROM GTN.

END OF STORY.

Amount of mats drops has to change imo, but the content is not going the change. As soon as it changes team ranked will be dead again and all is in vain.

Regardless of what any of us think about the new 300 Auggies ( take 'um or leave 'em) ...

The simple fact is that the natives really are getting restless ... we do NEED some new content !! I know that they are supposed to be working on it. But if it's just a short zip through slam-bam and we're done that is not going to help things that much!

I'm not trying to be rude or negative. We really need some good stuff in the game folks. It's just that simple !

For those saying the new augments are not worth getting I would like to direct you to parses on parsely. Look at that infiltration spec doing 1k more dps than the next closest guy and 6.1.3. So yes the augments apparently are worth getting despite the extraordinary amount of materials required to get one of them though if you have your crafting maxxed and the right loadout with gear you have a very high chance of making two for the price of one. So yes you will notice a decent push in dps with the new augments

That doesn't make them worth getting for most people. Which is what the conversation on this posts and others have been 'mostly' about. 95%* of the player base don't need then, or will they ever need them. And at the price they are at the moment, most people probably won't. You will get the usual PvP ranked person that has to be on top, etc. Which of course will prompt others to get them. But in general, no they aren't needed. The only people that will push these are those trying to sell the mats/or augs

*rough guess, as I've no idea how big the ranked/NiM community is, and how many will actually run out to buy them.

I'm not trying to be rude or negative. We really need some good stuff in the game folks. It's just that simple !

You're not rude or negative, this is a sentiment that has been expressed over and over. Augs are not content.

Hopefully the new stuff coming soon will be enough to sate us :)

Hardcore pvpers have cash flow from not needing to repair, so they are more likely to be able to afford the NIM regeants. There has also got to be a carrot for team ranked to draw participants.

NIM participants need an endgame carrot as well, and incoming cash flow due to repair bills or to buy the pvp regeant.

Again, these are the intended populations for these items in the first place.

I don't see any reason getting these considering next year well get 7.0 (at least were supposed to) which will most like introduce a level increase to 80 and with that comes new gear and new augments that will be much easier and cheaper to acquire.

LOL...and what gives you the idea that next year 7.0 is gonna come? Could it be the fact the there was a whole year from the last "expansion" without any real content? The anniversary? I would predict a DvL type event at best. Those type of events like cooking (roflmao, how very star-warsey) are on par with the studio's abilities for a long time now.

You are correct about the augments though. Another grind, that will be made obsolete, the way Ossus was made.

Edited by ExarSun

LOL...and what gives you the idea that next year 7.0 is gonna come? Could it be the fact the there was a whole year from the last "expansion" without any real content? The anniversary? I would predict a DvL type event at best. Those type of events like cooking (roflmao, how very star-warsey) are on par with the studio's abilities for a long time now.

I mean, the 10th anniversary would be a good time for an expansion and they have teased "something big"

That said, I do agree that BW has basically put this game on the cartel market back burner

Edited by KendraP

I don't see any reason getting these considering next year well get 7.0 (at least were supposed to) which will most like introduce a level increase to 80 and with that comes new gear and new augments that will be much easier and cheaper to acquire.

I agree, their plan going forward in terms of progression has become painfully transparent. After an expansion has been around a while, some epilogue or other thing gets posted, which carries a minor gearing upgrade from completing content associated with it. Ziost and Ossus are the biggest examples that come to mind; they started giving out Citadel and Masterwork gear that amounted to such a minor % difference in gear rating, as though that's the best incentive for completing the new content. Then a new normal of standards for gearing come out with the next big update, with work for those standards that is so much easier than what you had to do to get the previous apex of gear (which immediately became trash).

The difference is there was no new bridge like what I mentioned to come with the augments update this time, unless you count the hardest difficulty of Dxun as a bridge. This is their most blatant example of trying to make players grind not-so-fresh content just for the sake of being in their time sink of a game. Grind for the sake of grind.

I mean, the 10th anniversary would be a good time for an expansion and they have teased "something big"

That said, I do agree that BW has basically put this game on the cartel market back burner

Could well possibly be big. But If I do count the time from the last "expansion" till the Anny there will have been 2 years...and waiting 2 years for an "expansion" like Onslaught is....I don't know...rather pathetic IMO. I know all this have been said so many times and by many people, but entering that sweet time (years without real content) and waiting for them to release that s*it-show Anthem 2.0 is twitching my fingers again, just like years ago....Although I am most certainly going to enjoy the show again and laugh my face off. Its a little reward for seeing my long-time loved IP's SW and ME get ruined.

Tis why I said decorations, some stat and gear tweaks here and there, cooking or a little race events are quite enough for their abilities. Far cry from a real Star Wars content.

Enough with this though. I am gonna say one last thing about those new augments. We did a little parsing and math, so in PvP they will quite possibly turn the tides in some situation. Good job on their part about making a skill-based game mode being affected by crazy grinds by 1% of the population, because guess what BW...... since I dont play Ranked anymore I just cant wait to go blow off some steam and have a few fun 8v8's, but instead having to put up with ranked premades with gear advantage while trying to cater to map objectives, cause no-one goes for them...well...I will just limit myself to SF as usual. Haven't played PvP seriously for 3-4 years and those augments doesnt make me change my decision, but rather confirm it.

Oh and for the people saying "playing the GTN" is a viable way for those augments - LOL. I have done that for years and no matter how much time you invest playing the GTN, there is no way to get 14 augs for say 400-500 mils a piece...nor it is a sound investment.

Edited by ExarSun

snip

Honestly, I dont disagree with you at all. I merely did feel the need to point out the person's reasoning for claiming a major expansion next year.

On the state of swtor, I agree, new content is needed.

On the augments I also agree. I myself mentioned the PvP situation. I will now not be able to participate in ranked at all because I'm not going to do so without BiS everything; and face an at least hypothetical disadvantage in regs because of my refusal to participate in BWs stupidity.

And like you, I also mentioned the GTN issue. I have better things to do with my play time than farm the GTN, which apparently means I have better things to do than play SWTOR.

And to the person who said "do something other than space barbie" - I do (or did). I was a guild leader, active in conquest, and at one time raid leader (and main tank). Then I quit a job that was not good for me, got one I enjoy, but that is more time demanding and has often strange schedules. This does not allow me to devote time to raid teams, and even if it did, I would rather spend my off time doing activities that involve less hair ripping out and dealing with raid induced guild drama.

Apparently BWs answer for people like me is that I should be spending my time (and/or real money) gaming the GTN. This is not an activity I find enjoyable, and so I have regretfully moved along. Mr Kanneg, Mr Musco, Mr Schmidt, Mr Steed, and whoever else may make decisions at BW: I am not a lost cause. I would like nothing more than to come back and enjoy your game. But, I need my issues, as a casual endgame player who doesn't enjoy GTN farming or crafting, addressed.

We did a little parsing and math, so in PvP they will quite possibly turn the tides in some situation. Good job on their part about making a skill-based game mode being affected by crazy grinds by 1% of the population, because guess what BW...... since I dont play Ranked anymore I just cant wait to go blow off some steam and have a few fun 8v8's, but instead having to put up with ranked premades with gear advantage while trying to cater to map objectives, cause no-one goes for them...well...I will just limit myself to SF as usual. Haven't played PvP seriously for 3-4 years and those augments doesnt make me change my decision, but rather confirm it.

Don't worry, Bioware is always looking at feedback.

Ok, that was snarky. But again I say, if the goal is to give people who are struggling something that will give them a slight edge, then the augments need to be more accessible, not less. By itself, I'm not sure a numerical edge in the most extreme tier of content is a sufficient or even necessary reward for the few who can complete it. I dunno, but my simple brain thinks that the rewards for that type of content should be unique things that set a player apart from others, not something that will make it easier to wipe the floor with noob tears or have NiM Apex Vanguard on farm.

Do not get me wrong, I am not that much against the new augments...just make them more accessible to everyone. Or what is gonna happen?? Some "big brain" would say hurr durr but HaRD ConTenT DeSerVeS beTTARRH riiWaards...its not hard really, certainly not ranked pvp. The fact that very few people play it does not make it hard, it makes it boring, time-consuming and unrewarding. But no, no we should lock it for a few guilds, because you know....reasons. Wanna make your buddies more geared and rich???

And that wouldn't bother me at all if there was a worthwhile content in this game for the past year and who knows how long forward in time.

I did my fair share of OPS, HM and NIM and the possibility of gear rewards were never my main focus there ..... so some new augs will magically turn most of the population to doing NIM Ops?...I rather doubt it. And would this augments help people clear OPS easier?....I rather doubt it. What they will do , though is create disparity in PvP.

If they want carrots, they should do them horizontally not vertically as they themselves have stated. Add some new gear set to the vendors, some unique lightsabers, etc. But why do that...when creating huge gaps between the game population (or whats left of it) is a "way better" idea.

Edited by ExarSun

That doesn't make them worth getting for most people. Which is what the conversation on this posts and others have been 'mostly' about. 95%* of the player base don't need then, or will they ever need them. And at the price they are at the moment, most people probably won't. You will get the usual PvP ranked person that has to be on top, etc. Which of course will prompt others to get them. But in general, no they aren't needed. The only people that will push these are those trying to sell the mats/or augs

*rough guess, as I've no idea how big the ranked/NiM community is, and how many will actually run out to buy them.

A lot of folks have been farming them as the GTN is stuffed. They are definitely useful but again there aren't really a lot of people pushing nightmare progression anymore but there are pvpers who like those top 3 titles and mounts.

Apparently BWs answer for people like me is that I should be spending my time (and/or real money) gaming the GTN. This is not an activity I find enjoyable, and so I have regretfully moved along. Mr Kanneg, Mr Musco, Mr Schmidt, Mr Steed, and whoever else may make decisions at BW: I am not a lost cause. I would like nothing more than to come back and enjoy your game. But, I need my issues, as a casual endgame player who doesn't enjoy GTN farming or crafting, addressed.

This is how those marketing shills get you: Create a new zenith of stat progression that'll barely edge you to victory over anyone who doesn't have it, which takes a ridiculous amount of time or effort to reach so that anyone who has a job can't possibly endure the raw grind...

But hey, it's okay it means you have money! Just buy a couple dozen hypercrates and you'll find plenty of stuff that's worth one augment mat.:D

Note to BW: new augments are NOT new content. Pls stop with this nonsense. One augment costing 3/4ths of a BILLION credits? Are you *********** kidding me? Stupid stupid stupid. Stop this nonsense, find other ways to do credit sinks and make some actual content. This is so unfair to people who do ranked or PvP in general but do not have the means of getting these