Dreadtooth 10 stack in 2.0

Hi there! I just wanted to know how many people it takes to do dreadtooth 10 stack in 2.0 with a group of 55's!

Thanks for the info!

Realistically I couldn't see it being done with less than 16 as of right now, and that's assuming people are on top of their game. I haven't attempted it since 2.0 though because why bother so I have no clue

really disappointing to see that BW didn't update Dreadtooth to lvl 55 standards. 10 stack used to be the ultimate test for a guild/group in the game. Now its not too bad. Oh well I guess its another thing to measure the good guilds v bad guilds as we can see who downed it pre 2.0 and after thanks to the achievement system.

really disappointing to see that BW didn't update Dreadtooth to lvl 55 standards. 10 stack used to be the ultimate test for a guild/group in the game. Now its not too bad. Oh well I guess its another thing to measure the good guilds v bad guilds as we can see who downed it pre 2.0 and after thanks to the achievement system.

Not really as we know allot of guilds on our servers just had additional people outside the raid healing and helping out.

Not really as we know allot of guilds on our servers just had additional people outside the raid healing and helping out.

even with all that at least they did it when it was hard to do. Now its just a joke

even with all that at least they did it when it was hard to do. Now its just a joke

It's not exactly a joke, but it's certainly vastly easier than before. We had a couple runs at him pre-2.0 on my server by bringing some guilds together. Even though we got him down sub-30% a few times, it wasn't enough to convince everyone to return the next week to make forward progress (inter-guild coordination is a beast). I'm disappointed that we didn't clear him before the patch, since the kill means a lot less now.

Regarding the achievements, btw, I don't believe there is any difference in the achievement system between a pre-2.0 kill of DT and a post-2.0 kill. One of the guilds on my server did it post-2.0 (hadn't done it pre) and received the same achievements and titles that they would have received pre-2.0.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

It's not exactly a joke, but it's certainly vastly easier than before. We had a couple runs at him pre-2.0 on my server by bringing some guilds together. Even though we got him down sub-30% a few times, it wasn't enough to convince everyone to return the next week to make forward progress (inter-guild coordination is a beast). I'm disappointed that we didn't clear him before the patch, since the kill means a lot less now.

Regarding the achievements, btw, I don't believe there is any difference in the achievement system between a pre-2.0 kill of DT and a post-2.0 kill. One of the guilds on my server did it post-2.0 (hadn't done it pre) and received the same achievements and titles that they would have received pre-2.0.

For me anything that is easier is a joke...Also the difference with DT 10 stack kill and achievements I was referring to has to do with the timestamp. If you did it pre 2.0 your timestamp/date was from the first moment you logged on when 2.0 launched. In my case it was about 30 mins after servers came back up for early access. I havent heard of anyone rushing to do DT 10 stack in that first week so the timestamp is a good indicator to see who did it before 2.0 hit.

Can you field 6+ sorc/sage healers isn't really a test of ability, its a test of can you stack classes.

I am interested in the Dreadful Entity. It was part of TFB and received a 2.0 buff. Has anyone considered this?

Im trying to remember who tested this on our server maybe it was MOX? whoever it was that I spoke to said it is slightly harder but still pretty easy. Plus still need to do DT10 stack for your amulet and orbs from entity.

Im trying to remember who tested this on our server maybe it was MOX? whoever it was that I spoke to said it is slightly harder but still pretty easy. Plus still need to do DT10 stack for your amulet and orbs from entity.

Ton more health, still just as easy, It has 10 million post 2.0 and 6.2 million pre 2.0

Edited by JDotter

It's hard when you have people you have to do it with who aren't good. Its hard to have people repetitively die to reflect/red circles and blame lag.

We also did it with only 24 a week later with non derps and it wasn't that much different.

In b4 kicked from MoX

For me anything that is easier is a joke....

Be that as it may thats what happens in MMOs. Gear/Level progress, **** gets easier, etc, etc etc. It takes resources to go back and update everything to be end game challenging again. If you accomplished it prior to 2.0 with 10 stacks congrats to you. If people complete it AFTER having 5 more levels and vastly better gear good for them also. It is a game after all.

So is it actually doable with 24 random people (no voice comm), lets say 66+ geared, assuming they know the mechanics and their role? If yes, then what should be the group setup? 2 tanks, 8-10 healers and rest DPS? Edited by DokoPL

So is it actually doable with 24 random people (no voice comm), lets say 66+ geared, assuming they know the mechanics and their role? If yes, then what should be the group setup? 2 tanks, 8-10 healers and rest DPS?

That highlighted bit up there is the important part. It was doable with a 24 man group in 61/63's before 2.0 if you assume everyone would know the mechanics and their roll. But, yes you are correct in the comp.

Yeah, but it required a lot of coordination, and death of 2-3 party members usually meant a wipe. Not to mention the 5-10 healers outside the raid group healing the ranged dps. Going to give it a try during next few days.

About 20. A tank, secondary tank, 4 healers, rest dps.

Two healers heal primary tank like crazy, if something happens, switch to secondary tank, sometimes it helps to have a mercenary doing kolto missile on the dps, as long as they stay close together. If the dps stay close together, much easier for aoe heals.

• 1 month later...

We did it last night for the first time and after two or three pulls we killed it.

As our guild have not done it before 2.0 i can't compare but i am sure it is much easier then before however you still need people to pay attention and do what they are supposed to do.

Only real problem we had is with 6 healers and a lot of AoE healing required our tanks were getting wrecked. it might be that we did some mechanics wrong (i can't think of any).

with current gear 6 healers is just about right. We tried with 4 hears and it was hard on tanks and group. We had 2 more healers log in and join the group and it made it much easier.

22 man group. We had few good DPS and few good healers but on average i would say our DPS was OK.

I am sure if you get 8 healer and two tanks - then 14 DPS will be more then enough even if they are not tops dps.

It gets a bit messy at the end but we killed it: