Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

Elfa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If spawning companions cost CC they would have this fixed by tomorrow.

If it doesn't affect CM/CC, bug is low priority.

Been waiting for the hyperspace client crash fix for over 6 months.

^This.

You can bet if there's a problem with the CM they would work 24/7 to correct THAT.

• 2 weeks later...

I play here with family, and we have 3 accounts between us. We do group content regularly. The companion bug is HIGHLY annoying. There's been multiple times we've been wiped because I didn't notice my healing companion has disappeared again.

OR

There will be times I am helping a group of low levels, and will dismiss my companion because he/she isn't needed for such runs. Doesn't stop my companion from coming back after each cut scene, though.

OR

After being in an operations group, I can't resummon my companion, still locked out from being in an ops group, even after dropping the group. The workaround I have found for this is to open your crew skills window, summon another companion, then switch back to the companion you were using before the group.

Bioware, fix this. Its been ignored for way too long.

The bug noted by the OP is at the top of the list of what I'd like see fixed first in the game, as well as all the other companion bugs. Make a companion bugs patch.

To add to the list...

Doc often forgets his stance if I use another companion. I might go a while before I discover that Doc is no longer in his healing stance.

Drives me nuts that companions break their backs to look at me. They turn their shoulders and not their waists. Try turning your shoulders without turning your waist. It doesn't work and looks totally messed up. I would rather my companions not bother to face me at all, but if they are going to, have their bodies completely turn, feet and all.

Companions spawn before you do when using quick travel or logging in. Why? When they spawn they are hunched over like disabled droids in movies.

If spawning companions cost CC they would have this fixed by tomorrow.

If it doesn't affect CM/CC, bug is low priority.

Been waiting for the hyperspace client crash fix for over 6 months.

It's on schedule. It will be delivered in version 3.5.2, if your are still here...

I like many other people have obviously seen this bug, but what I've noticed with it is it revolves around having three people in group. Or having had three people in group previously( IE you had three and one left group and two of the members are still there in the same group). What I think is the issue is when you have three people in group and three potential companions to choose from the client for some reason can't figure out who's companion is the one that should be the 4th member of the party so it decides none of them will be. It goes through that every time you go through a cutscene or load up after an elevator etc. it seems to carry on after you lose one of the three people in the group for whatever reason. After the fact dropping group and reforming seems to fix it when it's just the 2 people left. It is something I really wish they would figure out and fix it though. It is one of those bugs that is at the top of my bug fix wish list.

I like many other people have obviously seen this bug, but what I've noticed with it is it revolves around having three people in group. Or having had three people in group previously( IE you had three and one left group and two of the members are still there in the same group). What I think is the issue is when you have three people in group and three potential companions to choose from the client for some reason can't figure out who's companion is the one that should be the 4th member of the party so it decides none of them will be. It goes through that every time you go through a cutscene or load up after an elevator etc. it seems to carry on after you lose one of the three people in the group for whatever reason. After the fact dropping group and reforming seems to fix it when it's just the 2 people left. It is something I really wish they would figure out and fix it though. It is one of those bugs that is at the top of my bug fix wish list.

Not saying your observation is incorrect, but FYI, I've experienced the bug while questing completely solo. No groups involved at all. Kill some baddies with my comp, hop on my speeder to get to the next quest area, hop off the speeder - comp gone. Same thing happens after a cutscene. Not always, but regularly. Quite irritating.

Not saying your observation is incorrect, but FYI, I've experienced the bug while questing completely solo. No groups involved at all. Kill some baddies with my comp, hop on my speeder to get to the next quest area, hop off the speeder - comp gone. Same thing happens after a cutscene. Not always, but regularly. Quite irritating.

But here's the question were you in a group prior to that? The reasoning behind my "working theory" if you will is based in part on that in periods of play where I haven't grouped at all or at least since I logged in I haven't experienced the bug. It's only been while I was either in a group or had been during that play session.

Edit: Do note I'm not trying to say you're wrong just trying to help narrow down what may be causing it.

Edited by Hyfy

If you get attacked on your speeder and get knocked off, your companion doesn't have class buffs! This is horribly inconvenient also and is left over from patch 1.4. Patch 1.4 broke this A YEAR AGO!!!

It's not the highest priority, but come on. It was a bug then and has not become normal

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

:ph_cheers:

Edited by AmberGreen
More info!

Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

Awesome news! Thanks Amber :D

Hi everyone,

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

That's great news , I wonder if you can look into companions loosing buffs , after dismounting a speeder and after catching a taxi please ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I have also seen comps being dismissed while in group after using an elevator but i think some one already mentioned that,.

Yep, that one has been around since Day 1 and it's a big pain. The way people like to rush through flashpoints, you gotta be really quick on the draw each time to access the elevator and re-summon before someone jumps into combat again.

Hi everyone,

Excellent news! I hope this works for all group sizes.

On a side note, will the bug that fails to resummon your companion after using an elevator (in flashpoints, heroics, etc.) be fixed as well?

Edited by Glzmo