getting kicked out of FE at darth magnus

so running FE with a full group pug i'm a well geared tank at 13% opf darth's life left i get zoned out of the instance *** a random instant cast of his explosion that kills everyone in my group how the hell do you people expect to complete missions and dailies if your **** is so bugged. and you wonder why you losing subs cause you don't fix what you have already your just taking our money well i'm done paying for this game now.

Interrupt unlimited power.

Problem solved. And he does have currently a (sort of) glitch where he uses his knockback, and the animation happens after the knockback. So if you suddenly get kicked out, look where you were. It is very possible you just weren't at a wall.

It is not a glitch : unlimited power is the 'I win' button for Malgus. If it is not interrupted, then you wipe. He will start casting it once his health is below 50%.

There is now an additional switch you have to click to complete the FP. So if Malgus is dead and you're knocked outside, you can still zone back in.

i know the fight i was knocked back he jumped to another player and poof we were all dead that was him at 32% health first try second healer dc'd randomly 3rd try tank (which is me ) gets booted out of instance for just moving the boss when we was at 10% health without being knocked back . didn't even want to finish after that cause of the bugs.

i know the fight i was knocked back he jumped to another player and poof we were all dead that was him at 32% health first try second healer dc'd randomly 3rd try tank (which is me ) gets booted out of instance for just moving the boss when we was at 10% health without being knocked back . didn't even want to finish after that cause of the bugs.

Believe it or not, its actually working as intended >_>

I would complain about the tank getting knocked overboard just before Malgus dies so he misses the loot drops completely, but I cant be arsed to complain anymore since its obvious Bioware is not going to fix this.

ps. And yes, unlimited power, instant kill the entire team if it finishes casting. Nothing new here, move along.

Edited by Karkais

What he's describing is a bug and it happened to me yesterday. You get no visible cast bar for Ultimate Power, that happened a couple of times (although it would show up on the focus target bar if you enabled that), and despite being against a wall, the entire party was knocked out of the instance.

Not working as intended, no.

Ive not seen unlimited power without cast bar myself, although Malgus was knocking people thru pillars (and thru stairs so they get stuck) at least 5 months ago. And yes weve bugreported til the nerfs come home. Edited by Karkais

What he's describing is a bug and it happened to me yesterday. You get no visible cast bar for Ultimate Power, that happened a couple of times (although it would show up on the focus target bar if you enabled that), and despite being against a wall, the entire party was knocked out of the instance.

The 'invisible' cast bar is an annoying bug. But it just means you do it old school. Unlimited Power has a -very- distinct animation. Interrupt when you see the animation and you'll be good to go.

Yes, unlimited power has exact same cast animation as NPC force storm, and since Malgus doesnt do that kind of stuff normally, its really easy to tell he is casting it just by looking at him.

ps. Bugs should be fixed regardless.

Edited by Karkais

You don't really need to see a cast bar with unlimited power, it is pretty obvious.

The last two days hes been bugged, oh yes its a bug. Hes sometimes casts unlimited power without a cast bar AND NO OTHER visible signs of casting it. In addition to this he sometimes purely oneshots the whole group simultaneously.

This has only been happening the last few days so something has changed.

Fix it.

You don't really need to see a cast bar with unlimited power, it is pretty obvious.

While I agree, I'm so busy watching proc's and CD's on my own bars that I don't get to see the actual fight. The only way I can tell he's doing something is via the castbar (which isn't a problem.)

While I agree, I'm so busy watching proc's and CD's on my own bars that I don't get to see the actual fight. The only way I can tell he's doing something is via the castbar (which isn't a problem.)

I would strongly suggest getting out of this habit. There are effects around your avatar when procs happen for a reason. CDs you should get a feel for after playing the specialization for awhile. It's just a recipe for disaster if you get into the habit of bar staring.

I would strongly suggest getting out of this habit. There are effects around your avatar when procs happen for a reason. CDs you should get a feel for after playing the specialization for awhile. It's just a recipe for disaster if you get into the habit of bar staring.

While I would love that, for example retaliation makes my eyes glow, which would require me to have my camera facing my character instead of the boss (Jugg tank.) Its a real problem for Juggs. We are very CD and proc heavy. Plus, the enemy castbar is all you need, not the graphics of what an enemy is doing.

Malgus gets a buff that indicates he's about to cast it. Here is a screenshot:

Unlimited Power Buff

I've found it easier to look for that than the actual cast bar. When I bring my healer to a FP/Op, I'm not normally on interrupt detail so I can focus on heals. But for this fight, I "focus target" Malgus just in case, and it is really easy to see when that buff appears, then tab target / hotkey interrupt.