Want your Dark side Jedi to use lightning?

KillaDeuce

No. Every 13 year old kid wants to be the cool-bad-boy-with-a-conflicting-personality-on-the-side-of-good. It would get really lame really fast with half the Jedi order being dressed in dark, wielding red sabers and doing lightning, while the other half is already dual wielding yellow lightsabers.

My point is, let's leave at least some resemblance to the Star Wars universe.

No. Every 13 year old kid wants to be the cool-bad-boy-with-a-conflicting-personality-on-the-side-of-good. It would get really lame really fast with half the Jedi order being dressed in dark, wielding red sabers and doing lightning, while the other half is already dual wielding yellow lightsabers.

My point is, let's leave at least some resemblance to the Star Wars universe.

I don't think you understand the Star Wars universe, jedi that choose the dark path are known as dark jedi, dark jedi utilise the dark side of the force to project a deadly, concentrated stream of force known as force lighting, for jedi on the dark path utilising this side of the force to learn this skill is completely plausible, so that's my point.

They were very rare and they cut their ties to the Jedi order and often the Republic.

As often as not, it wasn't *them* cutting ties with the Order; it was the Order cutting ties with them because Force Lightning was an *explicitly* Dark Side power: It wouldn't make sense for a Jedi in good standing to use Force Lightning, a use of the Force explicitly forbidden by the Jedi Council, *especially* if they're using it on a continual basis. A single use could be excusable, but continual use would almost guarantee expulsion from the Order or, at the very least, removal from a position of trust and authority that is pretty much required as part of the Consular story.

For the same exact reason why there isn't faction skipping, there won't be player Jedi using Force Lightning.

The full proposal that he is suggesting is not just for jedi but allowing every class to swap animations and moves from their mirror class. Bounty hunters using trooper animations, imperial ops using smuggler moves and such. There is a post by him on every class page with a link back to his original page. Terrible idea imo and something that i know would not come to pass.