Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

From what I saw, you can't turn her, but I know of no one who actually got her affection to max and did all of her quests. That said, she isn't your real apprentice. A Kaleesh named Xalek is, and he is boss.

What do you mean by you know of no one who actually got her affection to max and did all of her quests?

I have her affection at max. It is not that hard. Just be careful which conversations you have her in and what you say around her. You might have to switch companions before a conversation and if you take the wrong turn you can always press escape and redo the convo. Keep giving companion gifts of cultural artifacts and republic memorabilia until she accepts courting gifts and it'll be max soon enough. You might have to do some light side here and there but you can always corrupt yourself again.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see if you can get a better answer, if enough people quote my post as their question for the Q&A....
Meh, it was a statement. Perhaps if enough people ask, it will be answered, but your statement won't be responded to unless they tease. "Her hair?" They could also misconstrue it as being about non-standard clothing (light armor dancer/slave outfits) making her skin disappear.

YMMV.

Not being able to turn her makes no sense. I wouldn't want a lightsider or even a grey jedi following me around! I would kill them if they refused to submit to my will.

Yup. When she said in the first conversation not to make her go against her teachings I was not impressed I wanted to slap her on a board and have a darth malak shock session until she fell to the dark side.

I wish I had some kind of interesting dark side personality as a companion.. Maybe not Ashara, but somebody. Someone who relishes casual violence á la Kaliyo Djannis.

Don't know how the gender thing works out in this regard but with a female Assassin I've noticed that every "casual violence" choice I've made for the last ten levels (at 45 now) has gained insane amounts of affection with Andronikos. Barely mention bloodshed and he's all over it.

As far as the topic- Ashara- if she could be turned I would utilize her far more. I've relegated her to minor crafting because I simply can't stand her as she is and nothing I seem to do makes her happy- but why would it?

I agree with someone in some other thread (sorry about the vague), to paraphrase: Ashara is the biggest cruel joke in the game...I want her on my crew- why? :rolleyes:

I want her on my crew- why? :rolleyes:

cus u get to **** her. nothing hawter than a black screen for a few seconds :p

just pump her full of courting gifts, also eventually she starts to approve of darkside actions. there were several in later levels that gained affection with her.

its definitly bs you cant turn her completely of course but she ends up sort of middle, her combined jedi and sith code is pretty cool.

cus u get to **** her. nothing hawter than a black screen for a few seconds :p

just pump her full of courting gifts, also eventually she starts to approve of darkside actions. there were several in later levels that gained affection with her.

its definitly bs you cant turn her completely of course but she ends up sort of middle, her combined jedi and sith code is pretty cool.

Problem is I don't want her light or in the middle or in some delusional mixed up state. I want the OPTION to smack her down the dark side like Jaesa. Plus lets not forget that she won't marry you because she needs PERMISSION from the jedi council. =_=

"I want the OPTION to smack her down the dark side like Jaesa."

But you are not some brute Sith Warrior beating companions into submission, you are a master manipulator.

So what would be better then convincing a jedi that supporting you, a ruthless Sith lord, to take over the universe and rule it as you see fit is a good thing worthy of her support.

She is convinced that she and you are working towards the greater good, that she is still true to her original ideals and still part of and acceptable to the jedi order.

As a DS inquisitor you pervert everything she stands for, twist all her ideals and alienate her from the jedi, that seems to fit just right if you ask me.

In the end she comes to the conclusion that she rather follow YOU all the way not caring if that is jedi or sith.

Though I think it would be nice if she would follow your alignment a bit more, so if you are DS5 she turns a bit more dark too and vice versa.

Problem is I don't want her light or in the middle or in some delusional mixed up state. I want the OPTION to smack her down the dark side like Jaesa. Plus lets not forget that she won't marry you because she needs PERMISSION from the jedi council. =_=

Oh no doubt I'm with u 100% I want pure dark, simply saying she isnt unforgivably Hippy and Jedi like at the end. Maybe it'll get continued In future class quests.

But you are not some brute Sith Warrior beating companions into submission, you are a master manipulator.

Actually that would be you. I am a completely insane sith tankassin who basically randomly either massacre's entire villages or goes out of his way to help a stranger as the mood strikes him. Of course shooting everything with lightning at every opportunity as that's just the sith way. ;)

Hello?? What kind of post of "please turn all my companions to Dark because i want to have Dark V" is it? And if someone is running a Light V Inquisitor what have to do? suicide? All classes have some companions that go to one side and some others that go to the other side. Accept it and dont cry for everything. Edited by Shaligal

Or just give the OPTION

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to hear her say "Don't make me go against my teachings" Over and over and over

It has to kill the RP fans, i bet the don't even use her. Just doesn't make sense

I have a Sage and a Bounty Hunter at 50. The BH for example has Blizz and Skadge, 2 guys that are absolutely opossite and i have both at 10.000, without giving to them any gift and im at level V. Its not a real problem. And anyway, if that is a problem, choose one or another.

Anyway, every companion has his history and his personality, what is the point if you can choose their personality? You can choose the personality of your own character. It would be absolutely absurd if you were able to choose the personality of another character. You, in real life, dont go to another guy or girl and say "you are going to be like this". In the same way, you normally go with people that have similar opinions and skip the people which you dont fit well. This is the same.

Anyway, this game is really cheesy. You want to make it more cheesy? Please.

Edited by Shaligal

Or just give the OPTION

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to hear her say "Don't make me go against my teachings" Over and over and over

It has to kill the RP fans, i bet the don't even use her. Just doesn't make sense

Yup everyone here wants the OPTION to turn her if you don't want to turn her simply don't turn her and if you play your SI as someone who follows the sith teachings or is dark side you would smack her down the dark side or kill her.

Plus the reason for her joining you is weak if you are DS.

as a gatherer. I don't waste gifts or time with her at all, had I been given the option of leaving her on the planet of her choice I would have done so.

I really can't understand why they saddled empire with this useless companion who whines and complains and will never ever see things your way. I don't recall any companion on Republic side being sith.

Oh well... as I said, she makes a fine gatherer.

LoL may i introduce to you*drums* Jedi Knight`s final companion--->Lord Scourge, Sith pureblood, Wrath of the Emperor

Yeah but he is not in some delusional state or mudded up between the sith and jedi codes plus he knows what he is and in the jedi knight you don't waste time trying to turn him to the light. With ashara you spend your class story line on a planet trying to turn her to the dark side and then when you finally reach the ship she goes sorry bro I am not dark side.

A DS sith would not take that honestly most sith would shock her into oblivion until she fell to the dark side if she said that in majority of the sith faces.

Even scourge has a better reason to join up with the jedi knight the reason for ashara joining is bloody weak.

Edited by lokdron

The Ashara situation is quite frankly pretty ridiculous and a huge bummer. As an Inquisitor you should definitely be able to turn some random Jedi Padawan chick given a little time.

I really hope that Bioware expands the plot in the future which would also be a good opportunity to include the option to turn her.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

Hello?? What kind of post of "please turn all my companions to Dark because i want to have Dark V" is it? And if someone is running a Light V Inquisitor what have to do? suicide? All classes have some companions that go to one side and some others that go to the other side. Accept it and dont cry for everything.

The point is that during the inquisitor storyline we go through all the trouble of seducing her to darkside, everything goes according to plan and just like people would expect turning someone to darkside to go. Then after we get Ashara to our ship she goes *Ding!* "Im sorry, but I cant be turned. Period". She says that straight to our face.

I mean WTH Bioware. Why the 180-degree turn??

Also what you say would be true, inquisitor darkside companions are the most inept ever. Theres Khem who seems barely sentient and Xalek who could be mute for all I care. Since he never says anything Id expect a darksider to say.

Also, warriors can turn a companion to darkside, but inquisitor cant?? What sense does that make?

ps. Add to this the crap-looking gear that inquisitors have and the holes in the storyline, and you got one major disappointment.

Edited by Karkais