Lowbie PvP leveling

johanlofdahl

Hey all and others,

I am doing three different characters for story. I am so tired of the sidequests so I am going to use PvP as part of leveling. My plan is to do planet main quests + class quests and then PvP to "smooth" out the leveldisparity. Also parking them in rested zones while I play on one of the other 2.

So sentinel is one of those classes. Hit the fleet, did a few warzones, got lvl12 and awfully confused. What spec is good for lowbie pvping? I hear people say Watchman/Annihilation, prob is most of the talent choices affect skills I have no idea what they do and even if I lookup it's hard to get a "overall feel".

So I want help. Anyone can suggest me a good spec up to about 40? After that I think I can handle myself fine, should have a better understanding of the class and most of the skills.

Actually was lucky to get very different warzones, huttball, alderaan, voidstar and hypergate. Okay I returned not long ago and havent had much experience in hypergate, but geeesh for the life of me I couldn't find a good role to play there! Any advice here is more then welcome. On the other warzones I usually ended up in to top scorings even when playing for objectives, seems quite easy nowadays with the F2P. I am by no means a extraordinary PvPer but looking to improve :)

Edited by johanlofdahl

Sentinels are great for PvP but build wise, Watchman in PvP isn't the best, but probably until lvl 40 you wouldn't want to use the other trees.

Up till lvl 20 though, use your Focus tree, since you have limited skills and most lower talents in Focus are perks for the low level skills you do currently have. Combat can be useful but really your dps will be horrible until you can get Percision slash and then really still to be honest won't be that great till 40 with Bladerush.

Watchman is a good tree for PvE but higher level healers will just cancel out your burns in PvP if they know what's good for them.

Google search for Watchman builds and you'll get loads of hits I'm sure.

Im leveling a Sentinel and am level 34. I was using combat tree until I recently switch at level 30 to focus.

The reason for the switch to focus was because focus has better AOE in PvE, which allows me to melt the trash mobs with Force Sweep. In PvP it's all right, however ill switch back to combat shortly. Combat allows you to burn targets down faster and now I am about to get my medic companion I will switch back to combat.

In PvP as a Sentinel you want to be pressuring the healers of the other team. Combat gives you high burst damage which can make a healers life hard.

Edited by FrogSkin

I'm doing the same as you did, so here are some of the benchmarks I did while leveling (I'm only 33 now)

L20: You need the slow on cauterize so people won't get away from your awesomeness.

L25: Some extra healing and Cauterize gets extra damage.

L29: Lowered cooldown on your gap closer and +1 focus with it.

L34: I interrupt often, so this is a given. 90% less accuracy is very nice against some classes.

@40 this is what I'd do at level 40

I like to use Watchman until lvl 40.

At 40, the other trees get their top tier talent and feel "complete" to me. I don't like running Combat without Blade Rush and Force Exhaustion is a must to get the most out of Focus so at lvl 40 you can lolsweep your way to the top of the damage chart.

If you don't have Field Respec, I'd stick with Focus as it's great for leveling too and dealing with trash mobs. If you have it, then you can level with Focus and switch to Combat or Watchman for PvP matches if you desire.

If you get the legacy boost to exp in wz's then lvling via only wz's is very possible.

I am doing this on 3 alts 1 of which is almost 50! yaaaay

But on top of avoiding side quests and being able to play the story I feel that lvling alts this way also gives you a lot of insight into your class and role in pvp since you do it so much on that character by the time you hit 50 you know what you're doing! Not to mention you will learn how the othre classes weaknesses and such making you a well rounded player overall!

Points to you sir! :)