What happens to Sith Empire?

wickedUOF

From what I've read on the internet, the Sith empire we know from TOR just disapears? I know that Darth Ruin makes the New Sith Empires and eventually that too splinters and makes the Brotherhood and then rule of two, but what happens to what we know from the game?

I've read about the Sith Emperor, lord vitiate, but it doesn't say what his fate ultimately was.

From what I've read on the internet, the Sith empire we know from TOR just disapears? I know that Darth Ruin makes the New Sith Empires and eventually that too splinters and makes the Brotherhood and then rule of two, but what happens to what we know from the game?

I've read about the Sith Emperor, lord vitiate, but it doesn't say what his fate ultimately was.

if the game takes after the movies 3000 years would have been better.....

we still get revan and meet other familer characters like obi-wan luke etc.....their ghosts i mean.:p

Edited by undeadsithdread

I've been wondering this a lot as well. I think you can start to get an idea from some of the end-game stories in this game though. If you play some of them to 50 and finish all the class missions, it's a lot easier to draw conclusions.

Personally I think that the Sith are just ripping each other apart with all the in-fighting. It may be the Sith way and it's probably more than expected to battle one another for power, but it's no good for an empire. :p

The Sith Empire was supposed to be long dead at this point prior to the existence of Kotor 2. TOR and Kotor 2 (and maybe Kotor 1? It's hard to say) The fact that they exist at all this far into the timeline is new information. The reason there is no fate detailed for them in the rest of the EU is because they weren't a part of it anymore until now. All we know is that they were supposed to be gone by 2000 years Before the movies. Darth Ruin's fall to the dark side and new Sith Empire was starting from scratch, unless they retcon that as well.

I am fairly sure the sith empire as it is now eventually kills itself, it exists until the rule of two.

From what I've read, The empire as it is now has completely vanished by 2000 BBY, and a Jedi Knight falls to the dark side and names himself Darth Ruin. He takes 50 jedi with him and they form the New Sith Empire, which persists 1000 years until infighting has led to many splinter groups. ~1000 BBY a sith named Lord Kaan unites the sith groups and they call themselves Brotherhood of Darkness and stop using the Darth title. This doesn't last long and Darth Bane is trained up about the time the Jedi kill all but 3 sith and Darth Bane restructures into Rule of Two

That's pretty much right. Darth Ruin was a Jedi who fell to the darkside. He didn't have any connection to the Ancient Sith. Or at least no known one. And considering his order became the Sith of that generation, the Old Sith would presumably have to have vanished for the New Sith Empire to be called what it was.

If i read the books right Darth Bane used a Revan holocron and made a thought bomb that pretty much finished the Empire and restarted the rule of two.

That is like 2800 years and two Sith organizations ahead of TOR.

Just want to know what comes between Lord Vitiate and Darth Ruin or what Vitiate's fate is. Defeat by the Jedi Knight class of TOR? Or does he persist?

In Attack of the Clones Palpatine says that THIS republic has stood for a thousand years.

So what was there before that?

What is intersting is that a lot of the iconography of the Sith Empire is the Republic from the prequels.

Who is to say that the Empire does not end up winning after 2K years and somehow morphs into a Republic.

They annihilate the republic utterly and then a few years later a new emperor rises. Turns out the wuss is a moderate and next thing you know the empire has parliamentary elections. One thing leads to another, the parliament dissolves the monarchy and establishes a new senatorial republic.

So they decide to call it "The Republic".

Edited by Quip

Darth Desolous was born around 3,522 BBY

Desolous was a Pau'an Jedi Master who fell to the Dark side. He returned to his home planet of Utapau and raised a massive army of his people and led them in a devastating guerilla war against the Jedi. Over two thousand Jedi died in ambushes set by the Darth.

Darth Desolous was finally defeated in a bloody battle on Yaga Minor. A training hologram of him claimed it took the entire Jedi Council to kill him.

While nothing in his story would contradict the Empire existing at the same time it seems unlikely imo.

edit: corrected factual errors and formatting

Edited by Arokel

The general timeline of the EU is still generally mapped out. There's lots of details that aren't covered but it's not like there's a huge gap period of no information. The 1000 Republic is explained by the Ruusan Reformations which was preceded by the Republic dark age. So it's EU still canon that the Republic endures for thousands of years throughout this period