PvE endgame is dead

The games PvE at endgame seems dead, when are we going to see new operation.

If you've gotten 5/5 Campaign from doing HM EC and Nightmare Pilgrim then I'd suggest leveling an alt.

At this point once you've got HM EC 16-Man on farm you've beaten all the PvE content:(

If you've gotten 5/5 Campaign from doing HM EC and Nightmare Pilgrim then I'd suggest leveling an alt.

At this point once you've got HM EC 16-Man on farm you've beaten all the PvE content:(

Pretty much where im at now :( I have 4 50s going on a 5th...pretty much have leveling down to an art now at this point lol.

I seem to recall an announcement a few weeks back that there was going to be a new Operation and a new flashpoint coming out towards the end of the summer.

EDIT: Nevermind thats for later in the year. sighh.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120604

Edited by Fossman

To be fair, it is true, the content release schedule isn't neccesarily "slower" than other games, I think the issue is the size of the content. 14 total bosses, without an appreciable nightmare difficulty is definetely not doing anything to garner any more interest on the raidcentric side of the community. I'm just hoping they do release at least nightmore EC soon. Bioware's next content release should for more than four bosses though. Real gear checks would be nice as well to slow progression a bit.

This is the problem with linear gear progression. Every new tier of gear makes all older content obsolete. Its a terrible design choice. This is combined with the complete lack of unique gear. For top end gear, you're only choice is campaign or black hole. Yeh, you can move the mods/enhancements but thats not interesting!

Where are my unique implants/earpieces? You know, stuff with stupid names (Earpiece of Uberness) with stupidly stacked stats (200 endurance and 100 absorb) but not other stats? Stuff that allows us to really customise our build and go a bit crazy with the min-maxing!

"Incomparable-comparables" with a 5% drop chance.

Its stuff like that that keeps people grinding content. There should be different set bonuses from each raid, which should each give a whole set. So, if you are a shadow, for example, EV could drop a set with a bonus to armour penetration, KP could drop a set with a bonus to force regen whilst EC could drop a set that gives a bonus to force damage. All worth having, all useful in different situations, all would keep u grinding longer...

This is the problem with linear gear progression. Every new tier of gear makes all older content obsolete. Its a terrible design choice. This is combined with the complete lack of unique gear. For top end gear, you're only choice is campaign or black hole. Yeh, you can move the mods/enhancements but thats not interesting!

Where are my unique implants/earpieces? You know, stuff with stupid names (Earpiece of Uberness) with stupidly stacked stats (200 endurance and 100 absorb) but not other stats? Stuff that allows us to really customise our build and go a bit crazy with the min-maxing!

Its stuff like that that keeps people grinding content. There should be different set bonuses from each raid, which should each give a whole set. So, if you are a shadow, for example, EV could drop a set with a bonus to armour penetration, KP could drop a set with a bonus to force regen whilst EC could drop a set that gives a bonus to force damage. All worth having, all useful in different situations, all would keep u grinding longer...

Some of the Blackhole MK-2, MK-3, and MK-4 gear is a bit like that. Last night I got a Black Hole Demolisher Shield MK-3 off of story mode Kephess, which actually has a better stat distribution than the equivalent Campaign shield! I was pretty excited, to say the least. (Of course, we also saw a MK-2 bracers that was weaker than the equivalent Rakata bracers, which was disappointing. :/)

Edited by CitizenFry

100% agree. Some people will argue that EQ truly hit its stride with the release of the Velious expansion and the Temple of Veeshan. Bioware could learn a TON from studying how Verant/Sony designed ToV. It had 3 different wings of difficulty with 2 armor sets for each class and the boss of the entire dungeon, Vulak'Aerr, dropped the pieces of uberness described in this post. I had the first Hobart's Helm in the game and it was absolutely thrilling when it dropped on our 2nd kill. The northern wing was the most challenging and it also had about 13 bosses to kill that all had a rare drop that made them worthwhile to kill. The Cloak of Thorns is a perfect example, this cape was so über I used it well into the next expansion because it had a self-click damage shield. Where are these unique items/item effects in swtor?

Fast-forward ~6 years. Some people will argue that WoW truly hit its stride with the release of Blackwing Lair. Bioware could learn a TON from studying how Blizzard designed BWL and copied EQ. It had 8-9 bosses of varying difficulties, including several gear-check/gateway bosses and the boss of the entire dungeon, Nefarian, dropped the pieces of uberness described in the previous post. The most difficult bosses dropped set pieces, however each boss had a rare drop that made them worthwhile to kill. I can remember the wing buffet dragons dropped an uber warlock piece we waited a long time to see and Nefarian dropped the BiS healer offhand that I waited quite a while to acquire. Farming the instance for these rare drops proved to be invaluable in progressing faster through the next major dungeon, AQ. Why hasn't Bioware picked up on this yet?

To conclude, these items of uberness are what make or break endgame itemization for hardcore raiders. Being able to be the only person in the game or on the server to have the aforementioned item of uberness is something we hardcore guys strive for! Damn right I was pimping my robe off Nefarian or helm off Vulak'Aerr when I knew nobody else had it yet. Bioware is kinda sorta on the right track with Kephess itemization. The armorings and ear/OH that only he drops somewhat fit this mold, but mostly miss the mark.

So what can Bioware learn from these dungeons that put their respective games "on the map" so to speak? 3 things; #1. You cannot make all itemization cookie-cutter style and expect hardcore raiders to keep running endgame content without a carrot on a stick in the form of these items of uberness. #2. Create a long and difficult dungeon with ATLEAST 2 gateway bosses that people will get stuck on for a week or more. This dungeon must be your masterpiece in order to set swtor apart from its competitors. #3 From studying these dungeons you will see that Swtor's boss mechanics are right on par (if not better, as they should be) with its predecessors, keep it up! But I would ask for an increase in difficulty, sure the casuals will complain, but when they see me rolling around with one of these items of uberness, guess what? They will be motivated, they will get better, they will down it. Fin.

P.s. before anyone asks, NO I don't want space dragons! =D

What I am hoping Bioware will do is just hit the reset button completely on Nightmare Mode. Go back and redo all three of their existing instances to make Nightmare Mode fights with new mechanics for EV, KP and EC. Spread the new tier of gear across all three instances.

If they did that, then they would give guilds clamoring for hard content a bunch of bosses to chew on that would easily last us until the next Operation is released.

the fact that pugging echm is not really an options goes to show that endgame is not dead. in many of the groups i run echm with, they fail 2nd and 4th boss many times.

just because a few guilds have it on farm doesnt mean that most players are remotley capable of clearing it.

Endgame is only dead for those that have downed 4/4 HM EC each week and continue to do so. Many yearn for more challenges in Nightmare mode, but we are left grasping at straws right now while the PvE raiders start dwindling in numbers as they move on to other games.

A simple update from the Dev team would go a LONG way in keeping people around and interested in the game. Communication is key, because I know several guilds that are just chompin' at the bit to see some real progression content again.

Endgame is only dead for those that have downed 4/4 HM EC each week and continue to do so. Many yearn for more challenges in Nightmare mode, but we are left grasping at straws right now while the PvE raiders start dwindling in numbers as they move on to other games.

A simple update from the Dev team would go a LONG way in keeping people around and interested in the game. Communication is key, because I know several guilds that are just chompin' at the bit to see some real progression content again.

As a former raider in another game, I can sympathize with you. But the next MMO company to figure out how to beat Raiding fatigue and pump out content quickly enough will be the first.

Pretty much where im at now :( I have 4 50s going on a 5th...pretty much have leveling down to an art now at this point lol.

I seem to recall an announcement a few weeks back that there was going to be a new Operation and a new flashpoint coming out towards the end of the summer.

Well 1.4 is for this summer for sure they cant go for a few months ("a la wow style") without adding content, unless they want to hemorrhage mass of players.

You've come a long ways in only 3 weeks...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476972

3 weeks and already bored.. oki..

Edited by ElitehunterDS

To be fair, it is true, the content release schedule isn't neccesarily "slower" than other games, I think the issue is the size of the content. 14 total bosses, without an appreciable nightmare difficulty is definetely not doing anything to garner any more interest on the raidcentric side of the community. I'm just hoping they do release at least nightmore EC soon. Bioware's next content release should for more than four bosses though. Real gear checks would be nice as well to slow progression a bit.

And not give End game gear tokens out like sweeties.

I actually wouldn't mind if they just Nightmare moded the existing HM flashpoints. Maybe Hardmoded Athiss, Red Reaper and the other non-HM FPs and had them drop crafting mods, armorings, enhancements, crafting mats and schems instead of gear while we wait for the next op. Seems like it would be quicker than creating new content, and with crafting supplies or mod pieces, there's more incentive to repeat.

weren't you the one making a thread about toth and zorn being overtuned, i take that you got them down finally, grats, do you still think they are overtuned, or a matter of gameplay adjustment?

I actually wouldn't mind if they just Nightmare moded the existing HM flashpoints. Maybe Hardmoded Athiss, Red Reaper and the other non-HM FPs and had them drop crafting mods, armorings, enhancements, crafting mats and schems instead of gear while we wait for the next op. Seems like it would be quicker than creating new content, and with crafting supplies or mod pieces, there's more incentive to repeat.

Nice idea - would be a great distraction until we get some more actual content.

I dont want to be "that" guy....but I dont think there is a developer in the world that can give some of you people "enough" to do. Honestly, you need to accept you're in the 2%....and find something else to do until new content.

Edited by mindriot

What I am hoping Bioware will do is just hit the reset button completely on Nightmare Mode. Go back and redo all three of their existing instances to make Nightmare Mode fights with new mechanics for EV, KP and EC. Spread the new tier of gear across all three instances.

If they did that, then they would give guilds clamoring for hard content a bunch of bosses to chew on that would easily last us until the next Operation is released.

they would be smart to do this. all 3 existing operations with new Nightmare difficulties which would be tuned

to the new level cap, etc with different mechanics, etc.

Fast-forward ~6 years. Some people will argue that WoW truly hit its stride with the release of Blackwing Lair. Bioware could learn a TON from studying how Blizzard designed BWL and copied EQ. It had 8-9 bosses of varying difficulties, including several gear-check/gateway bosses and the boss of the entire dungeon, Nefarian, dropped the pieces of uberness described in the previous post. The most difficult bosses dropped set pieces, however each boss had a rare drop that made them worthwhile to kill. I can remember the wing buffet dragons dropped an uber warlock piece we waited a long time to see and Nefarian dropped the BiS healer offhand that I waited quite a while to acquire. Farming the instance for these rare drops proved to be invaluable in progressing faster through the next major dungeon, AQ. Why hasn't Bioware picked up on this yet?

Because there are casuals who cry about not being able to see everything in a game. If someone finds a game like vanilla/BC WoW, let me know.