So, I just finished SoR, and Charles Boyd was full of it with his KOTFE Retcon

ZionHalcyon

It's not just Boyd (and I think he's probably a decent person, just not a good decision maker.) The entire KotFE and KotET decision making teams needs to go, top to bottom. Whoever signed off on it at the top and whoever supported putting that mess forward. All of them need to go. None of them should be doing anything for SW. EA sacrificed Ben Irving apparently in hopes that the community would settle down and stop demanding anything better than the garbage they've been putting out. That's not enough and the current state of the game proves it.

Realistically, they cannot fire the entire team. And frankly a lot of the team does great work. The issue mainly is the people in charge of the writing and story. The whole storyline comes off very cliche and lazy, and the explanations after-the-fact to try to reconcile Knights of the Fallen Empire with what came before come off even more lazy and manipulative.

I am not even asking for some sort of grand sweeping public apology or any such silliness. And I know it takes time between a story put into the works and the end result. All I am asking is that Keith hold the writers to a higher Star Wars standard and make continuity with the vanilla game their number one priority.

Find a creative way to reconcile free Knights of the Fallen Empire Emperor with post Knights of the Fallen Empire Emperor. Even if that means going back on the nonsense that Charles boy put out to reconcile these two things in the first place. And then once that is done, don't let Charles or any of the other writers b*tch to us about how they had to go back and change things to make us happy. If they feel that way privately, fine but don't let them Express that in public because that is awful customer service.

And then simply just carry on from there.

Any of us could come up with any number of scenarios that can reconcile all of this. If the buyer where writers cannot, that is a black mark on them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be silly. Boyd and BioWare are Ahab. The players are the white whale (well.... some players more than others). :D

There are times you slick your hair back / laugh at yourself and just wait for the dreaded call you know is inevitably coming, and you kick yourself for making it so, so easy. :rak_03:

"Dasty, please report to the burn unit."

/well-played and salute

Dasty

P.S. Zion, back on topic. The only issue I have with your posts, which have made me think -- is that they are too amorphous -- calling upon Keith to hold the writers to a higher standard is so vague a request as to be virtually impossible to operationalize. And, per your last post, it has already devolved into people calling for not just individuals, but ENTIRE teams to be fired. Like Esh, when suggestions are so open-ended, and then become personal, we have the privilege (within the ToS) to express our views on the value of your post. But, yes, you have made me think more about the role of Valkorian, etc. But as I said the last time, retconning is a waste. They already said they are moving on -- I personally think it's better to see what they come up with. Charles flat out said it was supposed to be to another 9 chapters or so that they abandoned. And, more importantly, that they are going back to Sith v. Rep. Hugs, Dasty

Edited by Jdast

You are describing your issue, not mine.

If I am your issue, then don't reply to my posts.

I know I've made this thread before, but it really hit home when I finished Shadow of Revan. It's called human nature. There are times when you think you are over something only to have a reminder down the line that you really aren't over it.

Past that, it is not improper for a paying customer to do ask that the quality of the product they are paying for be improved upon. Nor is it improper for a customer who has been paying for a product and sees a decline in the products quality 2 say they are dissatisfied with it and wish the quality to be bolstered again.

People like you who rail against anyone who dares complain do indeed get my dander up. Video games, despite being entertainment, are also a business and business model. The point of a business is to make money. The better businesses make money by keeping their customers happy. If customers are unhappy, good businesses use that feedback to improve their business. This is not rocket science nor is it the land of hugs and touchy-feely and puppies and unicorns. This is the business World reality.

Therefore is a consumer of this product, I have a right to express what I want to express in this forum that the company itself has given me to express said opinions. If that bothers you then perhaps you aren't cut out for this sort of thing.

Bottom line. If my posts bother you so much then do not read them. When you see my name ignore the post. Or put me on your ignore list. Simple problem solved. If you do not wish to do those things than you are passively admitting that you really only want to start a fight and perhaps derail threads. It is a passive admittance to the desire to troll.

Of course, if you can learn to Simply disagree without demanding such threads not be started in the first place; then at least that's a healthy discourse which I don't mind one bit. But please, get over yourself. No one on this forum or in any form Ever decided to stop making posts just because someone else said to. Get realistic.

I don't see how your entire rant relates to anything I said. I asked you a couple of questions, I didn't say what you can or can't do.

If anyone needs to get over something, it's probably you.

If you're so unhappy with swtor, why even play? You're getting what you're paying for.

Edited by Eshvara

I don't see how your entire rant relates to anything I said. I asked you a couple of questions, I didn't say what you can or can't do.

If anyone needs to get over something, it's probably you.

If you're so unhappy with swtor, why even play? You're getting what you're paying for.

What did I tell you? This one will go the same route as the last one because he can't take criticism. He can dish it out, but not take it. He'll accuse you of personal attacks followed by personal attacks of his own followed by demands that anyone attacking him be punished. Same song and dance every time.

I LOVED the original class stories (for the most part) in comparison to how KOTFE/KOTET works out. I don't mind it for my Knight/Warrior or even my Trooper but holy cow, who thought "hey, this Cipher Nine operative would obviously be force sensitive and be capable of linking with Valkorion in a dream" or "oh yea, this person who operates in the shadows all the time is now the public facing leader of the super power Eternal Empire."

Same thing with my Bounty Hunter. My Bounty Hunter was exactly that a Bounty Hunter. He didn't care who you are, were or did as long as the contractor had the credits, that person died and I loved that. The 3rd chapter got a bit side tracked from the "hunt and kill" style but I thought but I thought it was a nice change of pace to do have a long contracted job with a Sith but then with SoR, it starts getting a bit weird like how is my bounty hunter bringing two different parties to the table? like I'm just a bounty hunter? but I went with it but holy cow once again, being a leader of a super power like the Eternal Empire is just too much of a stretch of any imagination. To start once again, my non-force using Bounty Hunter is suddenly able to dream with Valkorion during carbonization, he's suddenly able to kill extremely well trained Zakuul knights even people like Arcann and his sister? yea no.

So pretty much just echo'ing what everyone else has said but when everyone requested more story missions, they meant continuation of THEIR stories. Not being shoehorned into a generic Force-user story. :confused:

(Don't even get me started on the Inquisitor story, none of the following DLCs makes any sense with those original 3 chapters)

Edited by JargoFett

(Don't even get me started on the Inquisitor story, none of the following DLCs makes any sense with those original 3 chapters)

Really? Depending on how you play your SI, I think at least KotFE/KotET make decent sense. Not the way it actually plays out at the end, but just that they could end up in the position that they are.

My SI has full belief that she will destroy Valkorian when she is done with him. Right now (still playing through with this character) he is there to help her wipe out the fam. She is playing everything to lead to her becoming the Empress of the galaxy.

She has plenty of experience being controlled/haunted by spirits, so this Valkorian thing doesn't worry her in the least. The worst thing to happen so far is that she was not allowed to kill Satele. :t_mad:

All I am asking is that Keith hold the writers to a higher Star Wars standard...
Ever read the Young Jedi Knights book series? Remember flying Ewoks shooting cupid hearts in SWG? The bar has been set so low that even a space slug would have a hard time getting underneath it.

I assume a space slug is really small...if they're huge, replace that with something tiny.

What did I tell you? This one will go the same route as the last one because he can't take criticism. He can dish it out, but not take it. He'll accuse you of personal attacks followed by personal attacks of his own followed by demands that anyone attacking him be punished. Same song and dance every time.

Yeah you're right.:o

Ever read the Young Jedi Knights book series? Remember flying Ewoks shooting cupid hearts in SWG? The bar has been set so low that even a space slug would have a hard time getting underneath it.

I assume a space slug is really small...if they're huge, replace that with something tiny.

A space slug is the worm that Han flew the Millenium Falcon into in ESB when he thought they were in an asteroid. Also, my first SWTOR server name.

I think the idea of offering specific suggestions or pointing out specific problems is a good one.

Here are my problems with KOTET/KOTFE --

1) It assumes everyone is a Force-user. It makes everyone into Force-user, at least when creating a new weapon. It doesn't give any good explanation for this. The story could at least have said we were secretly Force-sensitive or something. Honestly, it would have been better NOT to require everyone to be so caught up in the Force.

2) There aren't enough story paths, so it's only fun to play through twice. (Light side and dark side.) After that, it's a repetitive slog. The best you can hope for is some minor variation in dialog. It ought to be fun at least once for each class.

3) The power level escalated too far, too fast. The writers painted themselves into a corner. Now you're the Alliance Commander with a giant fleet at your beck and call, yet somehow you still get involved in petty drama and fly around to take care of things personally. Sometimes it makes sense, but usually it doesn't. Taking the Alliance away at this point would probably be a hackneyed TV trope.

Here are ways to fix it --

1) Take Light and Dark alignment into account better. For example, if a Light-side person sits on the throne, treat them like a transitional government leader or benevolent ruler, not an evil despot.

2) Add more variety of outcomes, at least for the "side scenes". The story shouldn't feel identical every time. The second trip to Iokath was some better in this regard, due to the faction choice and return of companions. We at least need more potential outcomes in casual encounters, even if they don't make a long term difference.

3) Don't assume everyone is a Force-user or Force-sensitive. Perhaps this would be easier if our enemies weren't insanely powerful Force-users. How about some clever Moriarty style foes, instead? Don't forget to check for plot holes.

3a) No world killers.

Back on the topic of Shadow of Revan, I thought it was an enjoyable story. Yes, I think that way too much of the entire storyline focuses on the Emperor / Vitiate / Valkorion. It did have its good moments and at least it had a satisfying ending (mostly because it's final).

Edited by Xina_LA

There are times you slick your hair back / laugh at yourself and just wait for the dreaded call you know is inevitably coming, and you kick yourself for making it so, so easy. :rak_03:

"Dasty, please report to the burn unit."

/well-played and salute

Dasty

P.S. Zion, back on topic. The only issue I have with your posts, which have made me think -- is that they are too amorphous -- calling upon Keith to hold the writers to a higher standard is so vague a request as to be virtually impossible to operationalize. And, per your last post, it has already devolved into people calling for not just individuals, but ENTIRE teams to be fired. Like Esh, when suggestions are so open-ended, and then become personal, we have the privilege (within the ToS) to express our views on the value of your post. But, yes, you have made me think more about the role of Valkorian, etc. But as I said the last time, retconning is a waste. They already said they are moving on -- I personally think it's better to see what they come up with. Charles flat out said it was supposed to be to another 9 chapters or so that they abandoned. And, more importantly, that they are going back to Sith v. Rep. Hugs, Dasty

Fair enough. I do think they can do better with regards to consistency going forward. If they do as you say, and maintain better continuity to the vanilla game, I'd be happy with that.

You are describing your issue, not mine.

If I am your issue, then don't reply to my posts.

I know I've made this thread before, but it really hit home when I finished Shadow of Revan. It's called human nature. There are times when you think you are over something only to have a reminder down the line that you really aren't over it.

Past that, it is not improper for a paying customer to do ask that the quality of the product they are paying for be improved upon. Nor is it improper for a customer who has been paying for a product and sees a decline in the products quality 2 say they are dissatisfied with it and wish the quality to be bolstered again.

People like you who rail against anyone who dares complain do indeed get my dander up. Video games, despite being entertainment, are also a business and business model. The point of a business is to make money. The better businesses make money by keeping their customers happy. If customers are unhappy, good businesses use that feedback to improve their business. This is not rocket science nor is it the land of hugs and touchy-feely and puppies and unicorns. This is the business World reality.

Therefore is a consumer of this product, I have a right to express what I want to express in this forum that the company itself has given me to express said opinions. If that bothers you then perhaps you aren't cut out for this sort of thing.

Bottom line. If my posts bother you so much then do not read them. When you see my name ignore the post. Or put me on your ignore list. Simple problem solved. If you do not wish to do those things than you are passively admitting that you really only want to start a fight and perhaps derail threads. It is a passive admittance to the desire to troll.

Of course, if you can learn to Simply disagree without demanding such threads not be started in the first place; then at least that's a healthy discourse which I don't mind one bit. But please, get over yourself. No one on this forum or in any form Ever decided to stop making posts just because someone else said to. Get realistic.

Hey, I get "I just replayed ... and was reminded of my frustrations concerning ..." and creating a new thread to discuss the matter once more, that part is human and somewhat understandable. Yes, as a paying customer you have the right to express your opinion and frustrations, to provide feedback. I'm just of the opinion your approach is lacking. The tone of your thread title alone is closer to calling Charles out and somewhat attacking him than it is to offering valuable feedback. It seems hostile before even reading the content of your OP and I don't think that's conducive to having your feedback heard.

Now on the subject matter itself, I mostly agree. I cannot mesh "I just ate all of Ziost mhuahaha" with "I'm Valkorion the peaceful grandpa ruling Zakuul", and the two would have had to co-exist, he was Valkorion ruling a peaceful Zakuul while he was Vitiate resurfacing on Yavin and decimating Ziost. I'd like answers to that and hopefully we'll get those still. Yes I'm even of the opinion the writing quality isn't that stellar, especially not bridging Ziost > KOTFE. I don't feel they thought it through all the way or foresaw the plotholes. Maybe this will be a lesson learned for the team going forward.

Hey, I get "I just replayed ... and was reminded of my frustrations concerning ..." and creating a new thread to discuss the matter once more, that part is human and somewhat understandable. Yes, as a paying customer you have the right to express your opinion and frustrations, to provide feedback. I'm just of the opinion your approach is lacking. The tone of your thread title alone is closer to calling Charles out and somewhat attacking him than it is to offering valuable feedback. It seems hostile before even reading the content of your OP and I don't think that's conducive to having your feedback heard.

Now on the subject matter itself, I mostly agree. I cannot mesh "I just ate all of Ziost mhuahaha" with "I'm Valkorion the peaceful grandpa ruling Zakuul", and the two would have had to co-exist, he was Valkorion ruling a peaceful Zakuul while he was Vitiate resurfacing on Yavin and decimating Ziost. I'd like answers to that and hopefully we'll get those still. Yes I'm even of the opinion the writing quality isn't that stellar, especially not bridging Ziost > KOTFE. I don't feel they thought it through all the way or foresaw the plotholes. Maybe this will be a lesson learned for the team going forward.

I can understand if you find my post a little aggressive but you need to also understand the context. I didn't just randomly picked Charles out of a hat.

Back when Keith and Charles did venture out to talk to us more, Charles put something out there that was a complete and total retcon of how he envisioned vanilla meshing with KotFE.

How he went about it was very patronizing to the players who enjoyed the story offered in vanilla and were critical of the changes. He double down on some of the most criticized elements and was extremely defensive some of the poorer story aspects. It was almost a backhanded way of saying " our story was fine; the problem was the players".

We just saw how that attitude went to over with regards to the EA loot boxes in Battlefront 2 when another developer expressed a similar attitude towards the players.

So if the post it seems a little aggressive, it is. Unapologetically so. And now you know why.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

the whole Zakuul thing, i think they wrote themselves into a hole and are now trying to get out of it. there was only so far you could go once you ousted the big bads and became "ruler"

having a smaller scale story like the class stories would have been a better direction i think. not everything has to be galaxy destroying total war all the time for the sake of killing.

the whole Zakuul thing, i think they wrote themselves into a hole and are now trying to get out of it. there was only so far you could go once you ousted the big bads and became "ruler"

having a smaller scale story like the class stories would have been a better direction i think. not everything has to be galaxy destroying total war all the time for the sake of killing.

Agreed.

I won't lie - here's where I'd like to see the story go:

With Iokath, you chose to ally with the Empire or Republic.

Have the current plotline end with the end of the "alliance" - giving your character nothing to command over.

At the same time, how about something unique? What about a period of relative peace between the Sith Empire and the Republic? Vowrown was always pragmatic and less power hungry than the other Sith, and a survivor. It would free up your character to stop focus on Doomsday type things, and get back to intense character development of YOUR character.

From there, grow back out the Sith-Republic conflict, but play with it - what if Vowrown wasn't provoking the Republic, but instead was building a sane Sith Empire that does follow regiment and order, but does away with the Sith Nihilism? And what if the Republic, which always felt Sith power plays would leave them an opening to keep the Sith down, are now alarmed by a more "sane" Sith Empire, and now are the aggressors, trying to provoke a war and inflame old tensions?

Basically, you would have the Republic track, the Sith track, and at key points you could go back and forth, although perhaps dialogue would change depending on your history.

Past that, open up all companions for everyone, and develop further companion stories including more romance options.

So basically, if done smart, 2 tracks and companion stories, with story-timed levers where your character could switch tracks.

Gray areas..... Gray Jedi.... Kreia. KOTOR2

You insult Kreia by saying she was a Gray Jedi. Gray Jedi were only capable of exiling themselves after they learned the truth the Jedi teachings weren't all the truth and that the Dark Side isn't the answer either. They go to the furthest reaches of the galaxy like Jolee Bindo or Luke Skywalker and claim they will never be present on any galactic stage again and wallow in self-pity. They become apathetic to the galaxy and everything that happens in it. And we know what Kreia says of apathy... apathy is death.

No, Kreia went for the root of the problem in Star Wars: the Force. She was no Jedi, no Sith, no pathetic Gray Jedi. Because to believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it. It's why she said to us when asked whether she was Jedi or Sith she answers "perhaps I am neither and I hold both for what they are; pieces of a whole". But to say she is a Gray Jedi? No. Kreia wanted to destroy the Force to solve the problem in the Star Wars universe and that is that the Force pushes you to take a side (in the Legends version of the Force). Even when you are a "Gray Jedi" you still incline either towards the Light or the Dark. Prior to Disney acquiring Star Wars a person truly in the middle of the Force was impossible. No matter how much one claimed to be in the middle they still leaned one way or the other but that is because the Force simply doesn't allow for a true middle to exist. It was one of the reasons why Kreia sought to destroy the Force to create a synthesis, a situation that surpassed the state of the galaxy with the Dark and Light duality. It is also why calling Kreia a Gray Jedi is an insult because it contradicts her philosophy and intended goals.

Edited by Ylliarus

Actually, if we go by history, Its you and the same handful of people who troll these threads to derail them. Same small group, every time.

I'll frankly just put you on ignore; you small few argue in bad faith.

Oh no, please don't.

Why make the same thread twice though, are you planning to do it annually?

If you didn't like what he had to say fine, but people were just outright being dick s. No wonder he doesn't post anymore, why would anyone want to deal with people with such poor behaviour.

I'd rather he make a new thread annually than bringing back old threads with comments that are no longer up-to-date. Things do change and when a thread is over say 6 months old, I'd rather have a new one.

For me this topic is also relevant until the next expansion comes out. The thing is, Bioware often says they've listened to the players and therefore made changes. Now, don't get me wrong, I do actually believe they read what we write here and on twitter, facebook, etc....but I don't always see this translate into something that answers that.

The problem is that people rarely say what they feel, especially at first. Sure, people get angry but actually that usually means they are sad or hurt about something. When someone says that feature X is bull crap, that's feedback. But when you communicate with people in more depth you can find out WHY they say that and WHAT they want instead.

When communication is one-sided we also never really get the idea if BW gets what we ask or talk about. And then when you see how things get implemented, that reinforces the idea that they don't get it.

Take the legacy bank for example. Now I find it useful for what it is, but it isn't what I asked for. My theory is that they cannot make it work technically to make it what I want it to be. Or perhaps it is technically possible but has so many downsides from a programming point of view and possible issues it could cause that it's not worth taking that risk.

If they had communicated something of the sort, then that would be great. It's easier to be happy with what you have when you know you didn't get shafted but because it's the best they can do. They should never assume people know this. Especially when they say that for example a server name cannot be changed (Hot Prospect) and the next thing they change it. So they do need to say things out loud in a way that you would communicate to an adult and not be patronizing, thinking we wouldn't understand it. Some won't, but many will.

When it comes to story BW thought that people were asking for it. Well, to be honest, there was a lot of request for more story...but we wanted class stories, Star Wars stories, replayable stories and continuations of our relationships with our companions.

We got no class stories

We got stories that many do not feel are Star Warsy

They are replayable

And they took our companions away and started writing them out of the loop with their return stories

Now, clearly they heard people wanted story, but they completely missed the mark on how to implement that. The only thing they really answered was replayability but of course people did want the old stories to be replayable and when the new stories are not up to par for people replayability is kinda pointless.

I really wish that they stop trying to make everything "epic". It's like listening to music at maximum volume all day long. There is a point where the epicness or loudness is just too much and they are constantly hitting that. The epicness has lost impact because there is too much of it.

The old style of explorable planets with key parts instanced was good because being on an explorable planet gives it all some normality and having story bosses that were actually hard to beat at first made them stand out. I get that it was too hard for some but that's why I argued for difficulty modes for the instanced story bosses, but I digress...

A good story makes you curious and want to find out what's going on. Mystery if you will. But when the mystery is held back by artificial walls and the story driven by contrived cliff-hangers that don't deliver (KotFE was entirely geared towards the final encounter with Arcann and we don't get to kill him because his mom took him away).

When I played through KotFE I wasn't excited about the mystery but frustrated that I kept hitting invisible walls to keep me from finding out because I wasn't supposed to find out yet. I would fall into traps I knew were traps because they were so obvious and the choice between accepting Valkorions power or not was completely meaningless in the end.

The game already has had a lot of inconsistencies, that is not new, but they really blew it out of the water with KotFE and KotET sort of fixed it a bit but ended in a very unsatisfactory way. SWTOR has a tendency to present almost undefeatable foes and letting them be defeated by you even when you shouldn't be able to. Already the IA that beats a Dark Council member in combat was hard to skip over but how easily Vaylin was defeated in the end was just an insult to the power she was supposed to have.

They advertised choice matters but people didn't feel it. When defeating Arcann at the end of KotFE for example we do not get the choice to finish him off, no matter what we choose. When they escape you get a chance to fire at their ship, but you don't get to shoot them down either way. And it goes on.

In short it didn't answer what people asked for in my view.

I'd rather he make a new thread annually than bringing back old threads with comments that are no longer up-to-date. Things do change and when a thread is over say 6 months old, I'd rather have a new one.

For me this topic is also relevant until the next expansion comes out. The thing is, Bioware often says they've listened to the players and therefore made changes. Now, don't get me wrong, I do actually believe they read what we write here and on twitter, facebook, etc....but I don't always see this translate into something that answers that.

The problem is that people rarely say what they feel, especially at first. Sure, people get angry but actually that usually means they are sad or hurt about something. When someone says that feature X is bull crap, that's feedback. But when you communicate with people in more depth you can find out WHY they say that and WHAT they want instead.

When communication is one-sided we also never really get the idea if BW gets what we ask or talk about. And then when you see how things get implemented, that reinforces the idea that they don't get it.

Take the legacy bank for example. Now I find it useful for what it is, but it isn't what I asked for. My theory is that they cannot make it work technically to make it what I want it to be. Or perhaps it is technically possible but has so many downsides from a programming point of view and possible issues it could cause that it's not worth taking that risk.

If they had communicated something of the sort, then that would be great. It's easier to be happy with what you have when you know you didn't get shafted but because it's the best they can do. They should never assume people know this. Especially when they say that for example a server name cannot be changed (Hot Prospect) and the next thing they change it. So they do need to say things out loud in a way that you would communicate to an adult and not be patronizing, thinking we wouldn't understand it. Some won't, but many will.

When it comes to story BW thought that people were asking for it. Well, to be honest, there was a lot of request for more story...but we wanted class stories, Star Wars stories, replayable stories and continuations of our relationships with our companions.

We got no class stories

We got stories that many do not feel are Star Warsy

They are replayable

And they took our companions away and started writing them out of the loop with their return stories

Now, clearly they heard people wanted story, but they completely missed the mark on how to implement that. The only thing they really answered was replayability but of course people did want the old stories to be replayable and when the new stories are not up to par for people replayability is kinda pointless.

I really wish that they stop trying to make everything "epic". It's like listening to music at maximum volume all day long. There is a point where the epicness or loudness is just too much and they are constantly hitting that. The epicness has lost impact because there is too much of it.

The old style of explorable planets with key parts instanced was good because being on an explorable planet gives it all some normality and having story bosses that were actually hard to beat at first made them stand out. I get that it was too hard for some but that's why I argued for difficulty modes for the instanced story bosses, but I digress...

A good story makes you curious and want to find out what's going on. Mystery if you will. But when the mystery is held back by artificial walls and the story driven by contrived cliff-hangers that don't deliver (KotFE was entirely geared towards the final encounter with Arcann and we don't get to kill him because his mom took him away).

When I played through KotFE I wasn't excited about the mystery but frustrated that I kept hitting invisible walls to keep me from finding out because I wasn't supposed to find out yet. I would fall into traps I knew were traps because they were so obvious and the choice between accepting Valkorions power or not was completely meaningless in the end.

The game already has had a lot of inconsistencies, that is not new, but they really blew it out of the water with KotFE and KotET sort of fixed it a bit but ended in a very unsatisfactory way. SWTOR has a tendency to present almost undefeatable foes and letting them be defeated by you even when you shouldn't be able to. Already the IA that beats a Dark Council member in combat was hard to skip over but how easily Vaylin was defeated in the end was just an insult to the power she was supposed to have.

They advertised choice matters but people didn't feel it. When defeating Arcann at the end of KotFE for example we do not get the choice to finish him off, no matter what we choose. When they escape you get a chance to fire at their ship, but you don't get to shoot them down either way. And it goes on.

In short it didn't answer what people asked for in my view.

How is it weird that you don't get to kill Arcann in kotfe? Is it weird that Gandalf didn't get to defeat Saruman at first, even though he got defeated later? If the plot is supposed to continue it isn't odd that the villain can't die yet. It would be weird if you didn't have a chance to kill him at all in the end. But that wasn't the case here.

As for the op making the thread anually, I find it silly. He's entitled to his opinion, but not all that long ago he already made a thread about the exact same thing. Don't you think we get it by now? I'm all for people speaking up about the things they don't like, but you don't have to repeat over and over again how lemons are yellow.

As for replies that are "outdated" again, the guy made the thread some months ago, I doubt someone who was so displeased with how things went, is suddenly going to do an xbone on the subject. With Charles not returning to the thread or any Devs for that matter, I'm pretty sure they are aware of what people thought and the disgusting way they said it(some of them). I think that message is pretty clear.

I can't stop this guy from being a broken record and parroting the same things over and over again in new threads every six months. If he wants to do so that's his choice. But it sure seems silly to say the least.

Edited by Eshvara

How is it weird that you don't get to kill Arcann in kotfe? Is it weird that Gandalf didn't get to defeat Saruman at first, even though he got defeated later? If the plot is supposed to continue it isn't odd that the villain can't die yet. It would be weird if you didn't have a chance to kill him at all in the end. But that wasn't the case here.

Because it wasn't the first encounter we had with Arcann. It was just getting old running into him again, particularly at the end of the 16 chapters and still not being able to kill or spare him. It wasn't weird, just unsatisfactory as a season ending.

As for the op making the thread anually, I find it silly. He's entitled to his opinion, but not all that long ago he already made a thread about the exact same thing. Don't you think we get it by now? I'm all for people speaking up about the things they don't like, but you don't have to repeat over and over again how lemons are yellow.

As for replies that are "outdated" again, the guy made the thread some months ago, I doubt someone who was so displeased with how things went, is suddenly going to do an xbone on the subject. With Charles not returning to the thread or any Devs for that matter, I'm pretty sure they are aware of what people thought and the disgusting way they said it(some of them). I think that message is pretty clear.

I can't stop this guy from being a broken record and parroting the same things over and over again in new threads every six months. If he wants to do so that's his choice. But it sure seems silly to say the least.

I think that if he is posting it once a year that hardly constitutes a broken record. I think you are overreacting and if you really don't like this topic or him, just don't post in it. Ignore this thread.

You do realise that one of the reasons it stays on the top of the forum is because you post in it as well right?

I personally do not trust Bioware. I'm sure they remember we weren't happy about what they did, but they don't really communicate about it anymore. So how can I know that they are going in the right direction with the next expansion? How can they know they're going in the right direction if they don't communicate?

We saw clearly with 5.0 how poorly they listen and they only changed their direction because of the negative reactions and people unsubbing. If I see how quickly you seem to forget that yourself, perhaps we need to remind them more than once a year as well.

I want to believe that they are going to make improvements, but what should I base that belief on? Have Bioware confirmed anything about what we're asking or wanting? No. Logical but...and here it comes... are they already working on what comes next? Yes.

So they don't communicate but they do work on it. Think about that for a minute. I've seen many projects at my work fail because they don't communicate in the early phases and then when it comes to user testing and they get criticism it's too late to change it. This is what happened with 5.0 in my view also.

So let's keep reminding BW so they don't forget what it's all about for us because we don't just need them to make changes but the right changes and without communication that's very hard to do.

If you don't agree with that, that's ok. But if you want this thread to go away, posting in it is the worst thing you can do really.

Because it wasn't the first encounter we had with Arcann. It was just getting old running into him again, particularly at the end of the 16 chapters and still not being able to kill or spare him. It wasn't weird, just unsatisfactory as a season ending.

I think that if he is posting it once a year that hardly constitutes a broken record. I think you are overreacting and if you really don't like this topic or him, just don't post in it. Ignore this thread.

You do realise that one of the reasons it stays on the top of the forum is because you post in it as well right?

I personally do not trust Bioware. I'm sure they remember we weren't happy about what they did, but they don't really communicate about it anymore. So how can I know that they are going in the right direction with the next expansion? How can they know they're going in the right direction if they don't communicate?

We saw clearly with 5.0 how poorly they listen and they only changed their direction because of the negative reactions and people unsubbing. If I see how quickly you seem to forget that yourself, perhaps we need to remind them more than once a year as well.

I want to believe that they are going to make improvements, but what should I base that belief on? Have Bioware confirmed anything about what we're asking or wanting? No. Logical but...and here it comes... are they already working on what comes next? Yes.

So they don't communicate but they do work on it. Think about that for a minute. I've seen many projects at my work fail because they don't communicate in the early phases and then when it comes to user testing and they get criticism it's too late to change it. This is what happened with 5.0 in my view also.

So let's keep reminding BW so they don't forget what it's all about for us because we don't just need them to make changes but the right changes and without communication that's very hard to do.

If you don't agree with that, that's ok. But if you want this thread to go away, posting in it is the worst thing you can do really.

I did not say I want this thread to go away, or that it shouldn't be allowed, or did I? Please quote where I said that.

I just don't understand why the same topic by the same person has to made twice, with not even a year in between. If he doesn't like people replying in his thread with opinions that may not match his, the worst thing he can do is be on the forums.:rolleyes:

I did not say I want this thread to go away, or that it shouldn't be allowed, or did I? Please quote where I said that.
Now now, no need to be so combative about it. What you said was this:

Why make the same thread twice though, are you planning to do it annually?

To me that sounded like you didn't want this thread to be there. If that's the wrong conclusion then I'm sorry for that but I think you can see why someone would think you didn't want this thread to be here.

I just don't understand why the same topic by the same person has to made twice, with not even a year in between. If he doesn't like people replying in his thread with opinions that may not match his, the worst thing he can do is be on the forums.:rolleyes:

As I said, for me when a thread is over 6 months old it's outdated. That's because people change, people come and go and things change in general also in the game. So a new fresh thread is better because it can focus on the views of people today rather than a year ago.

Edited by Tsillah

Now now, no need to be so combative about it. What you said was this:

To me that sounded like you didn't want this thread to be there. If that's the wrong conclusion then I'm sorry for that but I think you can see why someone would think you didn't want this thread to be here.

As I said, for me when a thread is over 6 months old it's outdated. That's because people change, people come and go and things change in general also in the game. So a new fresh thread is better because it can focus on the views of people today rather than a year ago.

I'm not sure how me asking you to quote where I said I wanted this thread to go away or that he can't make it is being combative. It's a normal question, had I said that, I would have corrected myself.

Just like when I asked Zyonhalcion a normal question, he took it and ran with it.

I get that the thread is outdated, typically people make new threads on the same subject, when opinions have changed, rather than when nothing had changed.

From my point of view, I can't see any point of Patch notes stating that Quesh huttball won't have any changes made to it continuesly. I'm probably just weird for thinking actual updates are normal.

The only thing I asked was why he made the same thing again and if he's going to keep it up. Somehow that makes me a troll and insults have to be thrown around.

Anyway I said what I wanted, there isn't any real point in going back and forth with this. It's not like we'll understand each others point any more than we do now. :)