Darth Bane vs Mace Windu

BrandonSM

It'd probably be really close. If it was Bane before he got rid of his invincible-suit, Bane would win.

Depends. The suit made him resilient to lightsabers but it also made him lose his cool and have trouble thinking. I think brute force wise he was more powerful in it but he was the better duelist without it.

Idd give this one to Mace Windu, partially because the entire point of rule of 2 started by Bane was for the Sith to become stronger meaning Sidius should be far beyond Bane and Mace held his own there.

But beyond that I believe Shatterpoint and Vaapad would give Windu the advantage.

Mace Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in Darth Sidious through a duel, Bane would be far easier, using the logic of the Rule of Two.

And Brandon, what? Exar Kun was one of the most powerful Sith ever, if anything, he is under-rated, he put Grand Master Luke in a coma and was never beaten in one-on-one combat, it took two whole Jedi Orders to defeat him both times.

Mace Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in Darth Sidious through a duel, Bane would be far easier, using the logic of the Rule of Two.

And Brandon, what? Exar Kun was one of the most powerful Sith ever, if anything, he is under-rated, he put Grand Master Luke in a coma and was never beaten in one-on-one combat, it took two whole Jedi Orders to defeat him both times.

If they went one on one, Exar Kun in his body(Not the essence) vs Luke, he would lose, though maybe I exaggerated him getting defeated easily.

Luke mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and combined all of them into his own nameless form. He is the greatest duelist of all time. Plus, his feats surpass Kun's. Creating Black Holes, teleporting objects, has the strongest force push, could walk on lava, was an illusionist, learned Force Lightning, could shut his presnece, and a bunch more.

Kun in my opinion, is one of the more brilliant Sith similar to Palpatine. And he was skilled with a Lightsaber mastering 2 forms. And all I see having over most opponents is the Dueling and his Force Blast. But thats it.

If they went one on one, Exar Kun in his body(Not the essence) vs Luke, he would lose, though maybe I exaggerated him getting defeated easily.

Luke mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and combined all of them into his own nameless form. He is the greatest duelist of all time. Plus, his feats surpass Kun's. Creating Black Holes, teleporting objects, has the strongest force push, could walk on lava, was an illusionist, learned Force Lightning, could shut his presnece, and a bunch more.

Kun in my opinion, is one of the more brilliant Sith similar to Palpatine. And he was skilled with a Lightsaber mastering 2 forms. And all I see having over most opponents is the Dueling and his Force Blast. But thats it.

NJO Exar Kun was far more powerful than OSW Exar Kun, we don't actually know just how powerful he was, I can only imagine what a 4,100 year old Sith spirit of Exar's strength coalescing in the dark side on Yavin IV could've unleashed.

Because of the wall of light, all we know is, he knocked out Luke, disintegrated a Padawan with a thought and from his own words, he could've simply remade his body with the force and other multiple feats.

I think you under-estimate Kun's feats, now i am not saying he could have outright defeated Luke, but as far as we have seen, he certainly had the power to take him on.

haha i need to start reading all the books you are reading. are we talking about theeeeeee "luke?" or someone powerful named luke but not theee luke.

Yes. Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi eventually becomes the most powerful Jedi the order has ever seen.

Hmm, I see this Mace beating Sidious in that duel spoken of alot, loads of youtube videos have it in the comments, I can understand why ppl think it, also it could be the correct interpretation, however, I felt when I watched the movie, and before I noticed ppl saying this, my initial interpretation watching was that Darth Sidious the Sith Lord was using Mace as a means to luring Anakin to the dark side, by making him choose between the jedi and padme, he was just playing with mace using enough dueling skills to make Mace put effort in so that he could take the fall and appear weak and in need to anakin, putting anakin in a position where he had to either let mace kill Sidious and Padme would die, or stop mace and she would live.

I always thought from this interpretation I had made that this ment Sidious was significantly more powerful then mace since he was willing to lose his lightsabre and risk mace striking him, so therefore he must be strong enough in the force that mace posed no danger to him even without his lightsabre.

but maybe I just interpreted the scene wrongly.

Darth Bane hands down. He was the Sithari, "The One", even after he got rid of his "armor". He later learned how to swap souls with anyone.

Darth Zanah (sp?) did not defeat Bane, he transferred his essence into her body. She was young and healthy, but not worthy of taking his place as master.

Windu was weak in comparison and influenced by the dark side, and Bane would have easily manipulated him.

Idd give this one to Mace Windu, partially because the entire point of rule of 2 started by Bane was for the Sith to become stronger meaning Sidius should be far beyond Bane and Mace held his own there.

But beyond that I believe Shatterpoint and Vaapad would give Windu the advantage.

Bane would crush Windu like a grape with shear, brute power of the force. Not to mention his armor takes windus only real advantage away. His armor is near impervious to sabers and energy weapons alltogether.

thank you that is so cool. what books does this happen in so i can pick them up if its not to much trouble?

The New Jedi Order Series.

Here is alink to a source of all the books I beleive you find reference to Skywalker charactor development between about 1998 and 2003

http://www.theforce.net/books/unjoh/database/Booklist.html

Edited by patheman

Darth Bane would kick Windu's arse any time. For those who say that Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in the person of Sidious. Well, first of all I always believed that Sidious never lost that battle. It was more like acting for Anakin. He wouldn't have openly told Anakin that he was a Sith and take his chances knowing that the Jedi would inevitably come for him for the sake of a hope to get a new poweful apprentice, especially taking into account that he was supposed to be the last of the Sith. How stupid would that be? Remember how the helpless old man that could barely catch his breath seconds before that suddenly unleashes those powerful surges of lightning as soon as he sees that Anakin will support him, how easily he gets up after this, calm and absolutely unexcited because everything has worked exactly as he had planned.

And secondly, who said Sidious was more powerful than Darth Bane? No one knows how the Rule of Two had been observed before Sidious became the Master. He said it himself that Darth Plagueis was killed in his sleep by his apprentice (which is Sidious) after he had taught him everything he knew. But he didn't teach him the secret of creating life, did he now? So he was just slain in his sleep by a possibly inferior Sith. Who knows how many times before that it occurred.

Edited by Kadra

Ah a similar theory to mine that Sidious was not dueling with Mace properly, it would make sense to me that Sidious is supposed to be far more powerful then any of the other Jedi/ Sith, Because first off (And I'm going by the films as I only have heard of the characters from the comics etc not read any of the comics, seen some in games) The jedi should not be as powerful as a very developed Sith because by their nature their strength lies elsewhere, the draw of the darkside is the power it offers, Jedi have power of a different kind, also among the Sith Sidious is the current Sith Lord, and therefore should be considerably stronger then the other Sith, so that means he should be the strongest around in the current era, hence how he goes on to create a empire, and finally is not beaten by a traditional sense, back to the power of a different kind possessed by Jedi.

Darth Bane would kick Windu's arse any time. For those who say that Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in the person of Sidious. Well, first of all I always believed that Sidious never lost that battle. It was more like acting for Anakin. He wouldn't have openly told Anakin that he was a Sith and take his chances knowing that the Jedi would inevitably come for him for the sake of a hope to get a new poweful apprentice, especially taking into account that he was supposed to be the last of the Sith. How stupid would that be? Remember how the helpless old man that could barely catch his breath seconds before that suddenly unleashes those powerful surges of lightning as soon as he sees that Anakin will support him, how easily he gets up after this, calm and absolutely unexcited because everything has worked exactly as he had planned.

And secondly, who said Sidious was more powerful than Darth Bane? No one knows how the Rule of Two had been observed before Sidious became the Master. He said it himself that Darth Plagueis was killed in his sleep by his apprentice (which is Sidious) after he had taught him everything he knew. But he didn't teach him the secret of creating life, did he now? So he was just slain in his sleep by a possibly inferior Sith. Who knows how many times before that it occurred.

We do know. Leland Chee and multiple other people have said so. Sidious is by far the most powerful Sith Lord. Also I don't recall Bane having the power to destroy starfleets or planets.

We do know. Leland Chee and multiple other people have said so. Sidious is by far the most powerful Sith Lord. Also I don't recall Bane having the power to destroy starfleets or planets.

Well, I'm unaware of that part, I haven't read too much on the subject. But it doesn't matter anyway. I still believe that Sidious was acting in his battle with Windu.