Advanced neural augmentor drop rate

Kavu

Just wondering what happened with the drop rate on these? since the patch my crew has been coming back with a fraction of what they used to. I use these to make augments for my guildies as well as make my credits selling augments but now its not worth it. I'm not the only one either , several of my guildies who also use and collect these has noticed the drop. was there something in the patch notes that i missed on these or was it a stealth nerf? Edited by Kavu

I have been wondering the same thing, on my Rep toons, it was about 1 in 3or4 mission would return 3 augmentors, that rate has dropped to 1 in 5-10 lately.

So I dropped some skills on my Sorc and Assassin to pick up Slicing because Andronikos has that +2 crit to slicing, and I have not seen one drop in 2-3 days that I got slicing up to 400, and yes affection is 10k on both of them.

Anyone know if either "Mysterious Funds" or "Devoted to Duty" missions have a better drop rate then the other.. I know that "Whispers on ..." on the Rep side has a better rate for me. I have yet to see any Augmentors on the Imp side, without using a 340 Slicing mission.

• 5 weeks later...
I hate to say it, since I am rarely one to complain about such things, I too have not seen ANAs in quite some time. I simply attributed it to the RNG balancing out since there was a stretch where just about every time I sent a slicer out I would get ANAs :). Heck there was a three day period when I would send companions on all three sliced part missions before I logged off each night and when I returned ALL of them critted and got me ANAs and two schematics :D

Do any of you ever get them from a regular mission? I've only ever gotten then from a purple mission off the GTN... :(

Before the patch, I'd estimate I was getting a 20-25% chance of receiving augmentors when running the Abundant slicing missions.

To me it seems that all the Grade 6 Abundant missions are not critting as often. I am receiving less Mandalorian Iron, Radioactive Paste and Advanced Neural Augmentors.

Maybe Bioware is trying to restrict the use of these items as they generally go for a lot of credits. But with supply and demand it will backfire on them as the price of these mats already go for more than most of the items they can make.