Can't raise my artifice level AT ALL!

Poiema

I am a Jedi Guardian and have all the necessary crew skills to get whatever I need for Artifice. The problem is I can't level up my artifice at all. I have reverse engineered lightsabers and I have created new ones with new items but my artifice skill stays at 1/400 no matter what I do. Is there something wrong with this skill/craft? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I go to a skill trainer and reload this crafting skill? I am SO frustrated. I am a level 28, my Archeology and Treasure Hunting are both around 200 and no matter what I do Artifice stays at 1.

If anyone can help me, please do. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.

I would file a bug report, it sounds like you've crafted and from level 1 artifice on everything should give you atleast some points. Another possibility is indeed untrain and retrain the crewskill.

If your main focus is leveling make sure you craft schematics that have an orange dot behind them. About every 10-20 levels you'll want to focus on a new schematic. These should award 2 points towards your Artifice level.

Thank you. : )

OK, I figured out part of it and I had started to get points - I'm at a level 60 but now no matter what I make it won't go above a 60. I didn't report anything yet and I'd like to ask if anyone else has experienced this same problem.

Edited by Poiema

Have you gone back to the trainer to get new schematics?

Just like mobs, recipes go grey and stop giving you skill-ups. The dot next to it (on the left before the name) will tell you if you can level with it. If it is grey you won't get a skill-up. If it is green or yellow you will get one point and if it is orange you will get two points (not positive on yellow maybe sometimes they are two).

Edit: Btw the crafting skills (like artifice) that produce products not materials are the only ones you need to keep going back to trainer. Your other two skills give you new, higher missions automatically.

Edited by Jenarie

There are two colors you need to pay attention to.

Usually it is something like this:

X "Name of enhancement" YY

X: Is the number of times you craft this item

YY: Level of the item

X, and YY both have colors but they mean different things.

If YY is greyed then it means that the item is more than 5 levels below your actual character level (for example a level 45 item would be greyed on my level 55 character) but it doesn't mean that you can't level your Artifice with it.

X is the important one, if X is greyed then it means that the item is below your crafting level and won't raise your crew skill with it.

For example right now on my level 40 alt with Artifice at 450 I have these two:

7 Acute Enhancement 50 (7 is greyed out but 50 is red)

5 Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 55 (5 is orange and 55 is red)

So you need to be sure of that.

Edited by znihilist

RE doesn't rise skill.

Any crafted item from your basic recipes (coming with training) has to rise it at least to 10 or 20.

If any of those not happen - Bug report.

Its funny you should mention that. Last night running Athis, I used my archeology to open the shortcut and received an achievement for hitting 400 in archeology. Seemed weird as a grey lvl 75 actuator shouldn't have given my a skill-up.

Wasn't until after the last boss that I remembered sending my ship bot on an archeology mission. Assume he finished right as I opened the passage.

• 5 months later...
I think I am having the same problem. I am trying to get one of my companions to create a hilt (for example) and he won't do it. I only have two companions and the other is not on a mission. I am right clicking the icon, but it's still not working. Does anyone have any advice?

I think I am having the same problem. I am trying to get one of my companions to create a hilt (for example) and he won't do it. I only have two companions and the other is not on a mission. I am right clicking the icon, but it's still not working. Does anyone have any advice?

Check to verify you have all the materials required. I have done this a few times and then I look at the materials and notice something is missing.

Make sure you have the right skill level as well......

• 9 months later...

I also had a problem getting Artifice to start (1/400). You actually have to start Crafting ( hit the CRAFT button). And now i am maxed out at 60/400. I read another post that says I need to go get new schematics from my trainer. I do Archeology and Artifice. Now need to figure out where these trainers are, I would guess at the Republic space station.

Is it possible to reverse engineer a crystal?

I also had a problem getting Artifice to start (1/400). You actually have to start Crafting ( hit the CRAFT button). And now i am maxed out at 60/400. I read another post that says I need to go get new schematics from my trainer. I do Archeology and Artifice. Now need to figure out where these trainers are, I would guess at the Republic space station.

Is it possible to reverse engineer a crystal?

Archaeology doesn't matter so much. The only time you need to go back to the gathering or mission trainers is when you are at 400 (390+, I think, needed to train) or 450 (440+).

For the crafting skills, you will want to check in reasonably often as you level up the skill in order to get new and/or higher level schematics.

When you are crafting a schematic has to be at least green (the number before the name of the item, indicating how many you can make based upon materials available) in order to advance your skill.

Green = 1 point

Yellow = 1 or 2 points

Orange = 2 points

If you have no green schematics then you need to check in with a trainer and learn some new ones. You may be able to do so earlier, but this is a sure giveaway.

Trainers are at the fleet, the faction capital, and some other planets. Nar Shaddaa, for example, has a full set of trainers scattered around the lower promenade.

You learned the skill. Where was the person that you talked to for that?

And yes, you can reverse engineer a crystal.

Whether you can learn any schematics from REing said crystal is another matter. Hit the RE button and mouse over the crystal and it will tell you.

Pretty sure that this is all in the codex.

Edited by Mithros