New Player Mentorship Thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[... T]he Weekend Pass Free Trial players will, unfortunately, not be able to initiate a whisper.

It should probably be mentioned right here and now that a global "advice chat" is a bad idea. Please don't have one, the galaxy is nice spam-free as it is ;)

I'd love to help. Considering I spend a ton of my time helping new players anyway, sign me up :)

Server: Ajunta Pall

Faction: Empire

Character: Keziah (op)/Nida(marauder) (probably leveling my alt, Nida, this week).

Schedule: follows a pretty standard west coast schedule, doing most of my playtime in the afternoon.

Leveled an Operative, a Sentinel and a Sage in the beta, attended the Guild Summit, cleared all the current content up to hard modes, big participant on the GTN.

Edited by Yanagi

Sounds cool

Character names: Valthiris, Red'eye, or Kriimson

Faction: Sith Empire

Classes/levels: Sorcerer(50, Valthiris), Operative(33, Red'eye), Marauder(16, Kriimson)

Server: Port Nowhere, PVP East

And my guild is below in the signature. If you are on my server and have any questions related to the game or my class (mainly Sith Sorcerer please), ask away.

As someone who relies on asking others questions to learn I think it only makes sense for me to be there to answer questions for others to learn.

Server - Ajunta Pall

Faction - Empire

Can usually be found on

Madcoil - 50 Pyrotech Merc Bounty Hunter

Sherelle - 20ish Lightning Sorcerer Inquisitor

If I don't know the answer I can usually find it fast though guild and friends.

I'm willing to help out.

Server: Master Zhar Lestin (US West PvE)

Characters: Adric, Karnil, Raymond (mostly)

Faction: Republic

Hours: varies, sometimes daytime, soemtimes evenings, occasionally late night... but on for at least a little while most every day.

Slightly off topic...

It should probably be mentioned right here and now that a global "advice chat" is a bad idea. Please don't have one, the galaxy is nice spam-free as it is ;)
Actually, I think an "Advice" channel would be a good idea. I have a separate chat tab for the Advice channel in LotRO, and I can ignore or respond to it as I see fit. It would be quite easy to do something similar with an Advice channel in SWTOR. And if you find it's too much of a spamfest, you can always just uncheck the box for the channel, and not see it at all.

What I'd like to see along with an Advice channel is some kind of "new message" indicator on the "hidden" chat tabs. (Actaully, I'd really like it, with or without an Advice channel). One of the first things I did in SWTOR was make extra chat tabs so I can split different message types to different tabs and not have to try to sort out the messages I really want to see from all the other noise on the "General" tab. But that really only works well if you also have a "new message" indicator, so I can tell when I need to look at the "hidden" tabs. Maybe have the tab "light up" and/or change color, or put a * before or after the label...

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Happy to help new players out. I'm pretty experienced as a solo player and do have a pretty good knowledge of the crafting system that's currently in place.

Server: The Shadowlands:Faction: Republic

Arjol: Commando

Cadien: Vanguard

Charlie'chip: Jedi Shadow

Emma's: Jedi Sentinel

Kanosia: Scoundrel

Lechlen: Jedi Guardian

Lithiel: Gunslinger

Lorrin: Jedi Sage

Server: Darth Brandon:Faction: Empire (not on this server much)

Arjol: Mercenary

Cadien: Operative

Charlie'chip: Sith Assassin

Emma's: Sith Marauder

Grovien: Sith Sorcerer

Kanosia: Sniper

Lechlen: Sith Juggernaut

Lithiel: Powertech

All toons are in the Begley Legacy on both servers.

Also just a suggestion to the folks at BioWare. If you guy's could add a feature to the /who look up and the friends list so that people could look up Legacy names that would be extremely helpful to our new players that are looking for us veteran players to give them a hand.

Edited by kronas

/signup

Empire, Giradda the Hutt;

Find me on Khora, Sivenom, Uliquios, or Shi'vanriss

I'm usually on 4 est (or after homework XD) until 9 or 10 est weekdays and most of the day weekends

I'm knowledgeable in assassin and powertech PvP and PvE and all tanking and healing generally, flashpoints, and PvE generally. I know my fair share of huttball too hehe

Also grasp a fair amount at the crew skill mechanics and enjoy long walks on the beaches of Alderaan.

Edited by Sivenom

BRILLIANT!

I will be online all weekend and will be more than happy to help. I even have a new toon on Korriban so I can even help there.

Server - Nightmare Lands

Toon(MAIN) - MaulUK

Other toons - Lvl 50 BH, Lvl 9 Sith Assassin Lvl 23 Smuggler - all on the same server

Jawa killer, pvp'er, SWG veteran and understands the need to help those who are new to help make this game grow!

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Darius - Sniper - Ajunta Pall

Numinex - Sorcerer - Ajunta Pall

I'll be happy to help anyone I can; this is also the case for anyone with the Fractis Vinculis guild tags. If you want to ask questions or schedule someone to help ya with something in particular with members of my guild that varies between all levels, ask us on our forums: FVGuild.net