Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Update #1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues (we used the term "potential" during our initial investigating, and have now removed the wording on the title of this thread) and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is there to discuss? The turrets give massive valor, have no diminishing returns and respawn instantly. How is that in anyway shape or form valid?

As for faction imbalance, not much you could do except cap the zone.

Also, possibly take a page from the game that shall not be named and implement something like Tenacity. Now they borked it because they didn't get the numbers right but with tweaking it could help.

Honestly you have one basic axiom, people love to win but will accept a fair fight. If you leave it such that it's a giant snowball (i.e. bigger faction wins more and the rewards get boosted by winning therefore giving them a greater ability to win), then the losing side (mostly Republic) will simply stop trying and give up. Then the winning side will have no one left to fight.

Edited by DarkwingGT

Faction imbalance on many servers warrants some manner of spawn protection to eliminate farming - or at least eliminate the inability to leave the zone without queuing for a WZ and then dropping out of that warzone.

Farming turrets is pretty much replacing one non-pvp farm fest with another.

POTENTIAL??? Is that what you devs call it?..

Seriously.. Be honest and say we screwed up and we are gonna fix it asap and rollback all the valor people got by AFK farming the republic turrets

Edited by Notannos
language

I'm sure it's pretty clear at a glance from the forums what questions/issues people are looking to have answered. Can we/should we expect a rollback today or in the near future to address valor gained by farming NPC turrets?

PvP = Player vs. Player

PvP != Player vs. NPC

Why aren't there diminishing returns on player kills... let alone on NPC kills. How did this slip by?

A few of my main concerns with Ilum, given the focus was on encouraging actual PvP:

• Why give Valor for non-player kills at all?
  • Why create a system that, even if the existing turret issue were not present, effectively locks the minority faction out of Ilum?
  • Why give Valor for killing players who would give no exp if they were NPCs?
  • Why allow low level players into Ilum in the first place? Why not have the shuttle NPC tell them they aren't cleared to visit the planet?

I've canceled my sub, pending a rollback. Bioware has been good about communicating issues prior to this, but this is a serious red flag. The patch was delayed specifically to address issues with Ilum, so I'm disappointed that something of this magnitude made it through. I'd like to know that the company is willing and able to execute a quick and clean rollback when the need arises.

What ideas are being thrown around to fix this?

Has the idea of server rollbacks been discussed?

If server rollbacks are not implemented what plans are being discussed to handle the valor imbalance this will cause on most servers?

Is it possible to get an ETA on a fix?

You need to do a quick fix and add some defense to the republic (and imperial I guess) bases. People are getting spawn camped there while imperials are farming honor.

Just get it fixed quickly (make the base cannons extremely overpowered) so the bases can't be camped

50+ vs 12... Only concern is killing... Other side farming us for insane Valor boosts.... absolutely horrible... They managed to make Illum worse. :( Not only can we not get our daily/weekly done, they are going to max their valor, getting better gear with which to stomp us harder... Thanks for nothing...

This is a legitimate question

What is the average IQ for the devs who worked on this "fix" for Ilum?

How could they not see this coming.. Do they check the feedback from the test server?

I found multiple threads pointing this issue out, Yet they went live with it

Once again.. What is the average IQ for the devs who worked on the "new" ilum!

And yes

I am furious and I'm entitled to it

Edited by Victrixz

Ban everyone exploiting the turrets. Remove their valor from today. And fire the damn pvp devs...

Why remove the valor if they are banned?

So many ways to analogize that to make it seem even more stupid, but I think it is fine as is.

I think this is pretty close to a suicide for BioWare, even if they do take action.

There were plenty of disappointed people that have been raging about super annoying game bugs since the game came out. NOW even the calmest gamer 'Joe' is raging and everyone else quitting...

It will be interesting to see what happens next, and what step BW takes, as it will likely decide the game's destiny.

Why?

1) Imps will keep farming/destroying Reps.

2) Reps will quit or roll Imps.

3) Imps will be the only faction on most servers.

4) Imps will get bored and game will die.

seriously? you're "investigating" "potential" issues? that should have been where you were at 3 weeks ago when you announced the stupid changes and we all said its not going to work. though granted, none of us foresaw that infinite valor from turrets would be an issue (so good job on screwing up so royally there)

at this point my faith in your pvp designers is lower than the number of republic on ilum.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

PLEASE read the threads in my sig. You guys have to start taking faction balance more seriously. That's all there is to say.