21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

chainsawsamurai

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then you are doing it wrong, parakeet is a tank spec and you cannot guard with CGC.

I never said I did, I played the specc exactly for what it had to offer. A tank specc that packs a little punch.

There -are- however, those among us, who just want a powertech pvp dps specc with Jet charge. Running the parakeet with CGC makes it lose a lot of its sex appeal, but it's the last viable option these people have.

No offence to the "iron fist" supporters, but the specc just feels too much like a tank rather than a balance between the two.

For the pve folks who loved the specc for it's functionality as an offtank that can easilly switch to dps when needed, i suppose dual speccing will cover their needs.

I'd still like to know why this specc was nerfed, when assassin tank hybrids feel so much stronger and where left untouched.

Edited by CorruptorII

I'd still like to know why this specc was nerfed, when assassin tank hybrids feel so much stronger and where left untouched.

They not only feel stronger, but are substantially stronger.

31/0/10 does more damage then Powertech/Vanguard 21/2/18, more burst, more survival, more tools while still going 31 points into the tanking tree! It's why I made a Shadow tank on another PvP server, she's 21 now baby, and rocking those Warzones.

lol at Heatblast change.... dear lord it made me laugh reading it.

Edited by Dekai

They not only feel stronger, but are substantially stronger.

31/0/10 does more damage then Powertech/Vanguard 21/2/18, more burst, more survival, more tools while still going 31 points into the tanking tree! It's why I made a Shadow tank on another PvP server, she's 21 now baby, and rocking those Warzones.

lol at Heatblast change.... dear lord it made me laugh reading it.

ya, it is true.

Specc can still be adjusted to run with CGC, a lot of people have allready been doing so.

It just puzzles me how this specc is getting nerfed, while certain hybrid assassin speccs are allowed to run untouched. It didn't feel any stronger.

RIP

It's a simple enough reason. They have lightsabers and we don't. Go look and see how much they care about ops. They've nerfed the AC beyond all logic. Now they're moving on to the other classes without a lightsaber.

I especially love the fact they've nerfed the arguably worst class in the game even more and buffed arguably the best class in the game.

I like others rerolled from OP to PT, only to have the spec I loved to play destroyed. I guess I should roll a sent/mara or assassin/shadow next

I never said I did, I played the specc exactly for what it had to offer. A tank specc that packs a little punch.

There -are- however, those among us, who just want a powertech pvp dps specc with Jet charge. Running the parakeet with CGC makes it lose a lot of its sex appeal, but it's the last viable option these people have.

No offence to the "iron fist" supporters, but the specc just feels too much like a tank rather than a balance between the two.

For the pve folks who loved the specc for it's functionality as an offtank that can easilly switch to dps when needed, i suppose dual speccing will cover their needs.

I agree that Parakeet with CGC is a viable choice for a PT in 1.2. Jet Charge is great. The other change is tank spec has Heat Blast off the GCD. Sure its damage is reduced, but off the GCD means you can use it everytime the cooldown is up.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like BW should just make the top 31+ talents better in the tree instead of nuking hybrids sets, or maybe just take the tree's away all together and give us the talents you want us to have since you don't want us to customize our sets...

100% agreed with above. I have submitted piles of feedback, not one response or explanation. how is reducing player choice a good development choice? this is the worst downward adjustment in the patch and not one podcast I'm following (even pvp enlightened ones) haven't mentioned it once

Eulogy:

I discovered this spec late in my leveling, apparently when it is said to bloom. It was great killing mobs, and pubs. It gave me the satisfaction of being durable, while also rail shooting so much it gave me RSI. Excellent mitigation and damage, you will be missed.

Edited by Averran
ic

spec 0/24/17 and then pvp to the new tier of gear and gear up according to whatever spec you to decide to go with. 0/24/17 should work great with eliminator imho......I am going to either do that or go full pyro.

I am sorry, I do not see any merit in 0/24/17, especially after 1.2.

The change to PPA lowers the burst of Pyro procs, why would you sacrifice so much just to try to get it back in a hybrid form?

0/31/10 in CGC will do more damage imo and retain all the utility of the AP tree

6s pyro nerf doesnt remove its use, it just brought other options in line with pyro. PPA still viable, just not the sole best option anymore.

with a 31 AP spec, your bursting with ED/immolate

with a 24/17 your going for more sustained dmg and gaining the awesomeness that is the new flamethrower

6s pyro nerf doesnt remove its use, it just brought other options in line with pyro. PPA still viable, just not the sole best option anymore.

with a 31 AP spec, your bursting with ED/immolate

with a 24/17 your going for more sustained dmg and gaining the awesomeness that is the new flamethrower

:\ Lol ur idea of burst is rather skewed... 31 AP burst is supposed to come from Flamethrower which hits as hard as DOA (2k crit per tick). Immolate+ ED = sustained damage nothing bursty there :(

Your saying using ED-> Immolate every 15 seconds in pvp is "sustained damage"

Ok...

Flamethrower is not and should not be part of a normal rotation, it is a situational use tool, and because it crits nice and hard and is easy to land its a useful tool. Because it gets used so often (because people are dumb and stand next to each other all the time) does not make it part of a dps rotation.

Taking theorycrafting aside I am talking of my experience. ED+Immo have never hit hard for me (I am full BM btw) in an AP 31 build the only time I see there hp going down significantly fast is when you use flamethrower.

Now your argument is that flamethrower in a PvP enviroment as it stands is not viable to be part of our rotation. Bioware seems to want to fix this in 1.2 (Flamethrower in PTS has a 70% snare and is uninterruptable).

Meaning YES it is meant* to be part of our rotation.

Burst to me is damage i can get out in 2-3 GCDs ie before a healer can react to it most of the time.

ED-Imm can hit for 4-6k (I generally see 5k ish when both crit), usually followed by a free RP

In rateds focused burst, not sustained dps is going to be the top way to get kills, considering everyone is going to stack tanks,heals, and marauders. Being able to have 3-4 people hit 5k in 1gcd is what your going to want to do, the rest of your group needs to be defensive and utility.

Having flamethrower to push down 3 peoples bars at once is utility, probably wont kill anything with it but will give thier healers hell. The 70% snare is there to make them actually take the damage imo

Burst to me is damage i can get out in 2-3 GCDs ie before a healer can react to it most of the time.

ED-Imm can hit for 4-6k (I generally see 5k ish when both crit), usually followed by a free RP

In rateds focused burst, not sustained dps is going to be the top way to get kills, considering everyone is going to stack tanks,heals, and marauders. Being able to have 3-4 people hit 5k in 1gcd is what your going to want to do, the rest of your group needs to be defensive and utility.

Having flamethrower to push down 3 peoples bars at once is utility, probably wont kill anything with it but will give thier healers hell. The 70% snare is there to make them actually take the damage imo

I agree with you man! Burst is everything in "rated" PvP.

But there is some problems.

1st. The 1.2 "rated" warzones aren't THAT rated... You will still be doing Premades vs Pugs at the same rate as now.

2nd. You are the first PvP-er that thinks a 20% chance with all cooldowns popped ( I am been generous, calculated for 45% chance to crit) for 5k is "good" burst :p

Still my point wasn't that those skills didn't do good damage but for them to be bursty u need flamethrower thrown into it. Assuming flamethrower crits every tick that adds up to 6k damage in 2 GCD. and If more probably none of it crit it still does 4k damage.

Just sayin the good ol' flamethrower is the most under-rated ability in the game (for good reason ;) )

anyone can quickly heal 5k single target dps, no one can heal 5k single target followed up by 6k AoE :p (Sure the odds of that happeneing is like 0.0015% but I have had worse :p)

AP will be so fun ^^

I didn't see this flamethrower change on any test notes. Is it simply left out of notes at the moment? My pve vanguard has a hybrid shield and tactics for the pulse generator (= prot flame thrower for pulse cannon) since it will day way more damage than mortar (DFA) and pairs especially nice with the cooldown pops. This kind of boost would be amazing

I didn't see this flamethrower change on any test notes. Is it simply left out of notes at the moment? My pve vanguard has a hybrid shield and tactics for the pulse generator (= prot flame thrower for pulse cannon) since it will day way more damage than mortar (DFA) and pairs especially nice with the cooldown pops. This kind of boost would be amazing

It is on the PTS not on the notes :p