I'd rather be in the lvl 50 PvP bracket at 44

jasonthelamb

I'm a level 44 Jugg and everyone in my guild is already level 50, obviously from tittle I'm only 44 - quite the hassle that I can't PvP with them anymore until I hit 50, which makes it a LOT harder to do ,I've played plenty of games where a majority of republic teams are 50 and I can say from experience that it's nothing special, I've out Damaged / Prot'd 50's in Champions.

Is there any way to queue with level 50's if you're not level 50? Or am I pretty much screwed (Since from my experience the last two days, imperial sub-50 PvP teams are rather incompetent).

Well if you queue with 50's, you would be absolutely useless against 50's because they all have tons of expertise on their gear. You would hit for nothing and get killed very fast. Isn't expertise wonderful? Edited by DJStix

I am level 46 Pyro Bounty hunter with 170 expertise. I find the 1-49 bracket a complete joke. I do 2-3x more damage then anyone. I never die and I completely destroy people. At least I would die once in a while with level 50s.

I use Thermal Detonation, Powershot, Rail Shot which basically does 6-8k dmg in one second.

The Thermal detonation is an instant cast but takes 4 seconds to blow up. During this time I use my Powershot which takes 1.5 seconds for the cast time. Then an instant railshot. So basically the person takes all 3 of those attacks at once. Thermal detonation doing 3k, powershot 2k and railshot 2-2.5k

14.5k hp and 35% crit chance. The difference between me and anyone under level 40 is huge. I honestly think I kill anyone under level 20 in just a few seconds.

Yeah as a Jgug I have a pretty deadly run that I do on people if I can get them one-on-one, only thing is with the way the PvP is set up, it's not like one person can do it all - it takes a team effort, 2 games I played in last two days we lost doors in under 2 min and Turrets 460-0.

I'm hoping that the questing isn't bad at this level, since I gained my last 3 levels through PvP.

Just pug for 2 or 3 more days?

I work 7AM - 3:30 PM, and it's pretty rough work so I'm not on all that long in the first place, and when you get whooped in pug's and get 10k XP it seems like it's not worth it, I really enjoyed the PvP before they changed everything, I wish they would've thought it out a little more before they did something so drastic, I guess Bioware doesn't care if friends level at different speeds :\

If you'd like to be in the 50 bracket at 44, no offense intended mate but you have absolutely no idea what pvp is at 50 is. You'd be dead and dead and dead, be completely useless to your team, and totally ineffective against the enemy. You have to realize that at least 3-4 champion pieces is the entry level for doing pvp at 50, it's tough enough to go on and get that equipment when you are 50 and have no gear, being under 50 and going against the geared 50s is just plain crazy.

That is assuming you play on a server which has a minimum population to make pvp competitive, if you play on an empty server where there's barely anyone getting gear, it's another matter.

Edited by Rehn_Freemark

You could try leading your team instead of just whining about them?

I won nearly all of my matches last night since the patch even when I had teams that had no idea what to do with the huttball.

I tried that, gave out named instructions (so I didn't go "4 left 4 right" I actually said "X and Y go left, capture and guard, everyone else to the mid").

On our server (Rubat Crystal) it seems like Team One is one of the best PvP Guilds out there, and they 4v6'd us in the mid and spanked us. After that I tried to talk to them and tell them to send all 8 to regroup on left, then to sweep under the middle to right, but they pretty much ignored me and fed the guys in the middle.

If you'd like to be in the 50 bracket at 44, no offense intended mate but you have absolutely no idea what pvp is at 50 is. You'd be dead and dead and dead, be completely useless to your team, and totally ineffective against the enemy. You have to realize that at least 3-4 champion pieces is the entry level for doing pvp at 50, it's tough enough to go on and get that equipment when you are 50 and have no gear, being under 50 and going against the geared 50s is just plain crazy.

That is assuming you play on a server which has a minimum population to make pvp competitive, if you play on an empty server where there's barely anyone getting gear, it's another matter.

Our server is decent, my Guildies complain about 50 queue pops from time to time, but I guess what I'm saying, is I'd feel... more at home? doing PvP with them, even if I was outmatched, just because I know that we all know what we're doing, whereas with the PuG's you don't really know what you're gonna get... like a box 'o chocolates.