Everything you need to know about The Harbinger

idnewton

Nope. Not yet. Not even an ETA yet, AFAIK.

But yeah, time differences mean we'll mostly be playing while you're all elsewhere (with a few hours overlap here and there).

Why couldn't they have transfered while I've been away from the game for the past week... I'd like to avoid the massive walls of QQ about renaming. Yeah, maybe everyone's forgotten about that... It's going to happen. And general chat is going off (then again that's probably good for all of us, no one likes me running people through on shining swords of logic in chat anyways).

PS: Your prime time will be around four hours before ours, right? Or am I completely off?

Your prime time will be around four hours before ours, right? Or am I completely off?

Using the yellow 6-9pm blocks here as a guide, I'd say it's a few hours after yours.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?year=2013&month=3&day=29&p1=240&p2=137.

And I'm not looking forward to possibly loosing some of my names (I just recently re-rolled a character just to make a minor name-change). :(

How do the changes actually work?

Are the new names drastically different or do BW try to find something similar?

Do we get options to choose from?

Edited by scotthomas

Also, which US servers are which WRT PVE and PVP?

I read in Eric's announcement that Dalborra (APAC PVE) will be merged with The Harbinger. But when I read merger-related threads in the Harbinger forum, they read like a bunch of bloodthirsty PVPers.

Is Harbinger a PVP server, or are you Yanks just that combative?

The name changes are very simple. They change your name to a long series of random capital letters and will not let you log into that character unless you choose a new name. You can pick any name that is not already taken. I would stay within the naming policy though, if I were you :) You will only have to rename if someone else has the same name as you. We still aren't 100% sure how they choose who has to rename. I believe as long as your account is active and your character is as well, you will not have to rename unless their character is also active but was created before yours. You may also have to be a subscriber to have naming priority. It also may be based on total time played, instead, but I think this is unlikely considering what I have concluded around the one character I have had to rename thus far.

Also, which US servers are which WRT PVE and PVP?

I read in Eric's announcement that Dalborra (APAC PVE) will be merged with The Harbinger. But when I read merger-related threads in the Harbinger forum, they read like a bunch of bloodthirsty PVPers.

Is Harbinger a PVP server, or are you Yanks just that combative?

My friend, welcome to the Harbinger. While we are not Yanks, being a West Coast server, we are indeed a PvE server, and we are indeed that combative (that awkward moment when you call your server combative, and half of the server would call you the main source).

PS: That other awkward moment when you talk about yourself in the second person... o.O