PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

paowee

Shouldn't you generally apply the longest ticking dot first? i.e. First CG then IP and then CD?

I find like this i can make sure all three Dots are still up through the whole length of the second Cull channelling, regardless of how many Rifle Shots I have inserted to save energy or other abilities I might have inserted e.g. due to target swaps and then returning to the boss...

In my experience using IP then CG then CD makes it so that my CG and CD are still ticking for a safe amount of time for my 2nd Cull:

IP - --CG-(X) - CD - Cull

IP - CG - RS - CD - Cull where (X) is 1 GCD used between CG and CD.

On the other hand:

CG---(X) - (X) - CD - Cull

CG - IP - RS - CD - Cull uses 2 GCDs in between CG and CD.

This is susceptible to having your DoTs fall of while 2nd Cull is channeling. If you take a close look (zoom in :)) at the debuffs in the video

, you can see that IP - CG - RS - CD puts you in an already tight "timer." Having one more GCD between CG and CD will put you closer to having one of your DoTs wear off during your 2nd Culll.

This is not taking into account raid mechanics, dodging circles, and lag (which i was experiencing heavily in those videos..). At the same time you are also trying to squeeze in Ambush / Lazed Snipe / SS and even EP in between to do more DPS. Your 2nd Cull might] just not make it in time before your dots wear off since there are only so much GCDs we can put in between those 2 Culls.

Ofcourse if you can pull it off and get better mileage with CG - IP - RS - CD - Cull then that's great! will try this out and see how it goes.

Edited by paowee

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You basically insert Flurry (RS), whenever you're under 70, except when Sabotage Charge (EP) is ready, because if you use it before Wounding Shots (Cull) and Speedhot (SoS) you can go to 60 energy and still activate Wounding Shots (Cull), you'll be alright by the time Speedhot (Sos) is finished.

2) As in the rotation described in this thread you replace Speedhot - Flurry - (Flurry) (SoS - RS - (RS)) by XS-FReighter (OS) - Flurry (RS), whenever Freighter (OS) comes off Cooldown but Cool Head (AP) is not ready yet.

3) If I have enough energy I also replace the two Flurrys (RSs) before the second Wounding Shots (Cull) by either Aimed Shot (Ambush) oder Lucky Charged Burst (Lazed Snipe).

4) Since Sabotage Charge (EP) won't be ready for every wounding shots (Cull) you replace it with Flurry (RS), when it's not. Rule is, use Sabotage Charge (EP) before Wounding Shots (Cull) for Max Energy Regen, even if Wounding Shots (Cull= comes off CD some split seconds earlier (which tends to happen a lot when you go through this rotation severall times over).

Thoughts?

Great post. In my own words, correct me if i'm wrong:

1) When under 70 energy, use 1 Rifle Shot before proceeding to the next ability in your rotation.

When Explosive Probe (Cluster Bombs) is present on the target, it is safe to use Cull at 60 energy.

When Explosive Probe (Cluster Bombs) is not present on the target, use Cull when you have at least ~80 energy

2) If AP is down, replace SoS with OS followed by 1-2 RS then Cull; as seen in this video

3) CG - CD - Cull - (filler abilities ) - Cull is your core rotation.

The more abilities you use in between those 2 Culls, the more damage you will do (this will depend on your regenerated energy, as well as if you have EP on the target.

4) This is good input. You put EP in a set position in the rotation and use RS as a substitute instead of using it like a "proc" ability that you need to use as soon at it comes off cooldown. From what I understand it will now looks like this:

IP - CG - (RS) - CD - EP / RS - Cull - SoS - Ambush / (SS-RS) / (LS-RS) - Cull repeat ∞ instead of

EP - [ IP - CG - (RS) - CD - Cull - SoS - Ambush / (SS-RS) / (LS-RS) - Cull ] repeat ∞

EP is at the start and outside the bracket because it is used, if possible, immediately when it becomes available ~regardless of which part of the rotation you are in.

I think that saving EP consistently to be used before Cull greatly helps with your energy regen especially when you had just put 3 DoTs up one after the other. However from experience sometimes I find that I can not spare even 1 GCD before a Cull (due to both lag and raid mechanics). In these instances I would "delay" using EP and recast my DoTs first:

IP - CG - (RS) - CD and then EP - Cull.

Edited by paowee

Added a 13 minute video against the Ops Dummy! I started with the max dps rotation followed by the simple rotation with os.

13 minute video :

Thanks for your addition guys! I've added them to the original post.

Updated Interrogation Probe, Explosive Probe, Cull, and the Videos section.

@Synavix: I've been hearing about this rumor about GS. Good to know and thanks for the research!

=========================

Coming soon:

Video: Basic Lethality Rotation

=========================

Edited by paowee

Glad to help. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything major that would cause those findings to be wrong, but they seem to be right in line with most of what I've been reading the last couple months as this Hybrid has gained more popularity.

Great topic too. Wish I had more opportunity to practice my hybrid rotations and energy management, but I find myself on add/mechanic duty 90% of the time, and full Leth has become more natural to me. I could definitely use a few tweaks here and there; the dummy parses were informative for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how the expansion affects this spec. Way too early to know for sure, but I think there's a lot of potential if they don't try to nerf it directly.

Glad to help. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything major that would cause those findings to be wrong, but they seem to be right in line with most of what I've been reading the last couple months as this Hybrid has gained more popularity.

Great topic too. Wish I had more opportunity to practice my hybrid rotations and energy management, but I find myself on add/mechanic duty 90% of the time, and full Leth has become more natural to me. I could definitely use a few tweaks here and there; the dummy parses were informative for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how the expansion affects this spec. Way too early to know for sure, but I think there's a lot of potential if they don't try to nerf it directly.

I'm a Lethality fan :) I will probably stick to Full Lethality when the expansion comes out. Although playing Hybrid will do nothing but improve how you can play the Full Lethality spec imo. It forces you to use a lot more abilities and manage energy even better and when swapping back to the Lethality only spec, all that knowledge converts to DPS. :rolleyes:

Hmm here's a parse of that 13-minute video http://www.torparse.com/a/101971 The rotation wasn't as smooth as I'd wanted it to be.. I just wanted to make a quick sustained vid showing the "gist" of Simple Hybrid rotation.

This is a good parse to look at http://www.torparse.com/a/38434/time/1351467587/1351467923

Edited by paowee

Wow, sorting all this out with you guys improved the understanding of my class immensely, thanks a lot - AND it's great fun :-)

Good point about the expansion, I've been "worrying" about this, ever since I "discovered" the hybrid specc (on the only German server still active it's rarely played or talked about) and pushed my dps by 250 coming from the Sharp Shooter Spec (don't know how the left tree is called for Imperials) I had used before. New powerful top talents in the trees will very likely make hybrid specs less competitive in general. For that reason I'm very much tempted to try out full lethality (i.e. "Dirty Fighting" for my Slinger) which I haven't done at all yet, using the specc and rotations explained here.

Side note: I tried out my Hybrid Slinger in PVP the other night, hadn't played any PvP with the Slinger at all yet, so I used the recruit ear pieces, implant and relics, in all other slots i simply used my full T5 PVE stuff. Though I only had about 350 Expertise, I ranked second or third in overall damage in most Warzones, and won a lot of one on one encounters against players with much more expertise rating (I assume). The thing here is, that if you apply three dots, they almost never all get cleaned, so Cull/Wounding Shots literally eats through your opponents. I'm now wondering how Lethality/Dirty Fighting would work, since that is the classical PVP specc by design...

Wow, sorting all this out with you guys improved the understanding of my class immensely, thanks a lot - AND it's great fun :-)

Good point about the expansion, I've been "worrying" about this, ever since I "discovered" the hybrid specc (on the only German server still active it's rarely played or talked about) and pushed my dps by 250 coming from the Sharp Shooter Spec (don't know how the left tree is called for Imperials) I had used before. New powerful top talents in the trees will very likely make hybrid specs less competitive in general. For that reason I'm very much tempted to try out full lethality (i.e. "Dirty Fighting" for my Slinger) which I haven't done at all yet, using the specc and rotations explained here.

Side note: I tried out my Hybrid Slinger in PVP the other night, hadn't played any PvP with the Slinger at all yet, so I used the recruit ear pieces, implant and relics, in all other slots i simply used my full T5 PVE stuff. Though I only had about 350 Expertise, I ranked second or third in overall damage in most Warzones, and won a lot of one on one encounters against players with much more expertise rating (I assume). The thing here is, that if you apply three dots, they almost never all get cleaned, so Cull/Wounding Shots literally eats through your opponents. I'm now wondering how Lethality/Dirty Fighting would work, since that is the classical PVP specc by design...

Full Lethality should come to you naturally if you've practiced / played the Lethality / Engineering spec. You have fewer choices as far as abilities go and at the same time your "substitute for IP" , which is Weakening Blast, costs no energy! There's also a lot more leeway as far as mistakes go since you have Lingering Toxins. Full Lethality imo excels in fights with a lot of movement.

How full Lethality would work in PvP you mean? The playstyle imo is the same as Hybrid but a bit less taxing on energy and a ~bit less burst via Explosive Probe cluster bombs.

I've done a couple of parses and comparisons with Wales and his findings so far was that, the more you are able to use/squeeze SoS and Lazed Snipe the higher your DPS will be. it can get hectic squeezing in that LS or SoS when you need to cast Orbital without Adrenal Probe inbetween Culls...

http://www.torparse.com/a/105440/time/1358682291/1358682590/0/Overview

http://www.torparse.com/a/105449/time/1358679856/1358680156/0/Overview

Edited by paowee

Added to the OP:

This is a good analysis of Wales' 2200 DPS parse vs my 2122 parses for those interested. Thanks once again to Wales for being such a great a help!

"Now for analysis, a few parses to look at. I tried to normalize it all to 300s exactly so the damage breakdown can be compared 1:1.

2200 Me: http://www.torparse.com/a/93206/time/1357597029/1357597329/0/Damage+Dealt

2190 Me2: http://www.torparse.com/a/67229/time/1354939711/1354940011/0/Damage+Dealt

2122You: http://www.torparse.com/a/103043/time/1358562586/1358562886/0/Damage+Dealt

2108 You2: http://www.torparse.com/a/96772/time/1357894140/1357894440/0/Damage+Dealt

Usage (Wales, wales2, Boarder, boarder2)

Shatter shot: 6, 7, 6, 4

EP: 10, 10, 10, 9

Cull: 26, 25, 26, 29

SoS: 13, 14, 11, 11

IP: 14, 14, 14, 15

CG: 14, 14, 13, 15

CD: 14, 14, 13, 15

Snipe: 5, 4, 4, 5

Ambush: 5, 5, 7, 1

Rifle shot: 33, 30, 38, 25

Total skills time, roughly: 285s, 283s, 291s, 264s

SHORT VERSION

The 2200 parse did 2 more SoS, 1 more CG and CD, 1 more Snipe, 2 less Ambush, and used 5 less RS.

LONG VERSION

First, you have pretty good dps uptime, at least on your higher parse, actually 5.5s better than me. I have no idea what went wrong with your lower parse, unless I miscalculated something. But it was probably just standing around too much in order to Cull excessively.

The main difference appears to be I use SoS more than you do in place of Ambush, for about a ~30 dps gain. The ambush thing kind of cascades slightly. On your opener, you use SoS -> LS -> Ambush -> Cull, which delays Cull and the rest by 1s. On my parse, I do the non-optimal thing of just doing SoS -> LS -> Cull. So there's a 1s delay of doing nothing for me, when I should insert something like Rifle Shot. Note that Ambush's dps (~3500 / 2.4s = 1470 dps) is lower than SoS (~5200 / 2.9s = 1800 dps). If you look at each time I use SoS, it's immediately after Cull (except that time EP was up and that time I needed to refresh shatter shot). Otherwise, I pretty much use it every time right after because I rifle shot before Cull. The reason for that is wait to cast Cull at ~80-85 energy, so I finish it with 70-80 (55-60 + 15 + maybe some crits for 2 more). Speed shot costs 20 but over 3s, 15 is regened and maybe even more if EP is there and crits.

But as you can see, my second overall Cull starts at 16s and yours starts at 21s, so you're 5s behind (technically ~3.5s since I forget Shatter Shot). You can see the result of the delay in that by the end of 5 mins, I end up casting the bleeds once more than you for some extra dps (~13 dps). This is due to me using an opener of OS - AMBUSH - LS - CULL, which delayed the cull as compared to Wales' OS - LS - CULL

Later on, you missed twice on Cull on your higher parse, once at 18:30:32.467 with 0 DoTs and once at 18:34:44.130 with only 1 DoT, which accounts for ~15-20 dps.

One other thing is that your 2nd AP was delayed for 30+s, so I get in an extra AP during the parse, which obviously helps dps out and is probably one reason you had many more rifle shots.

Everything is very minor here and there, but the whole thing adds up over time to account for the dps difference at the end.

One example is EP. I tend to cast it more often (even if barely) than most people that I've seen, even if SoS is coming up. The way to get around energy capping is two-fold. If you see that EP is coming up within the next few seconds, you can prepare for it. You can cast it before the DoT section, which pops 0 clusters so you sink down in energy pretty low before popping them."

Edited by paowee

• 2 weeks later...

Added/Updated the Variations section of the guide:

Some variations of the above Lethality / Engineering rotation include using Corrosive Grenade first followed by Interrogation Probe, then Corrosive Dart and then Cull. This way your DoTs all end at roughly the ~same time. I have not played / tested this rotation much but I believe this is one way of doing a "More Cull" rotation (see end of spoiler tag):

1) CG - IP - CD - Cull - SoS...

Some people use a different rotation altogether where Cull is used immediately after Corrosive Grenade and Corrosive Dart (akin to the Full Lethality rotation) and then Interrogation Probe. Doing this might give you more Culls in the same amount of time compared to the IP - CG - CD rotation shown in this thread:

2) CG - CD - Cull - IP - SoS...

Another rotation is one that uses CD first then CG followed by Cull, then just putting DoTs as they come off. You may have better DoT uptime if you can memorize the timers on your DoTs and keep them on the target 100% of the time as opposed to do IP - CG - CD rotation shown in this thread (where IP and CD will wear off at certain times).

3) CD - CG - Cull...

P.S. Other people are able to hit the 2K+ mark using rotations different from what is shown in this thread. An example of this is a "More Cull" rotation that sacrifices SoS for more Cull and better DoT uptime. The Simple Lethality / Engineering Rotation shown in this thread is not the "More Cull" rotation.

Has anyone experimented with the various 3rd party DoT timers floating around for this game yet? I know a few Sorcs and Sages who use one, although so far I haven't had much reason to bother trying any for pure Lethality. I imagine for Leth/Eng they could be a lot more handy though, especially in 16 mans.

I've only ever used AutoIt DoT tracker (for Sorcs) from mmo-mechanics:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-1054.html

It's simple, works great, and everything you need to know is explained in the original post. (but it will need some tweaks since it is made for Sorcs.

This one is the code for Lethality Snipers if anyone is interested.

;Authors: Korrig, tmotd

;
;Settings
;

;Keybinding
Local $quitKey = "\"; Kill script keybind
Local $corrGrenKey = "1"
Local $weakBlastKey = "2"
Local $corrDartKey = "3"

;Tooltip position and dot naming convention
Local $x = 500;
Local $y = 700;

;Soundsettings
Local $soundEnable = True; True enables sound, False disables it
Local $soundVolume = 70; Volume in procent (%)
Local $corrGrenSoundPath = @WindowsDir & "\Media\Characters\Windows Notify.wav"
Local $weakBlastSoundPath = @WindowsDir & "\Media\Characters\Windows Ding.wav"
Local $corrDartSoundPath = @WindowsDir & "\Media\Characters\Windows Error.wav"

;
;General script -> Do not modify if you don't understand it 
;

;Method jumps
HotKeySet($quitKey, "_Quit")
HotKeySet($corrGrenKey, "_corrGren_Counter")
HotKeySet($weakBlastKey, "_weakBlast_Counter")
HotKeySet($corrDartKey, "_corrDart_Counter")

;Default tooltip
ToolTip("Script active. Hit " & $quitKey & " to stop.", $x, $y)

;Setting sound volume
SoundSetWaveVolume($soundVolume)

;Timer vars
Local $corrGrenTimer = 0
Local $weakBlastTimer = 0
Local $corrDartTimer = 0

;Booleans
Local $tooltipActive = False
Local $playcorrGrenSound = False
Local $playweakBlastSound = False
Local $playcorrDartSound = False

;Print vars
Local $corrGrenPrint;
Local $weakBlastPrint;
Local $corrDartPrint;

;Called when $quitKey is pressed
Func _Quit()
  Exit
EndFunc

;Called when $corrGrenKey is pressed
Func _corrGren_Counter()
  ;Need to set keybinds back to default, then send the keypress
  HotKeySet($corrGrenKey)
  Send($corrGrenKey)
  ;Rebind hotkey to function call
  HotKeySet($corrGrenKey, "_corrGren_Counter")

If $corrGrenTimer == 0 Then
     ;Set corrosive grenade timer
     $corrGrenTimer = 21
  ElseIf $corrGrenTimer > 9 Then
     ;Nothing, so you can smash the button to cast it.
  EndIf

;Making sure that the tooltip only gets shown 1 time, all other times it does nothing because it's get shown already.
  If Not $tooltipActive Then
     $tooltipActive = True
     _ShowTooltip()
  EndIf

EndFunc

;Called when $weakBlastKey is pressed, works the same way as corrGren above
Func _weakBlast_Counter()
  HotKeySet($weakBlastKey)
  Send($weakBlastKey)
  HotKeySet($weakBlastKey, "_weakBlast_Counter")

If $weakBlastTimer == 0 Then
     $weakBlastTimer = 15
  EndIf

$tooltipActive = True
     _ShowTooltip()
  EndIf

EndFunc

;Called when $corrDartKey is pressed, works the same way as corrGren above
Func _corrDart_Counter()
  HotKeySet($corrDartKey)
  Send($corrDartKey)
  HotKeySet($corrDartKey, "_corrDart_Counter")

If $corrDartTimer == 0 Then
     $corrDartTimer = 15
  EndIf

$tooltipActive = True
     _ShowTooltip()
  EndIf

EndFunc

;Called when there is a tooltip active
Func _ShowTooltip()
  While $corrGrenTimer Or $weakBlastTimer Or $corrDartTimer
     ;Tooltip updates
     If $corrGrenTimer > 0 Then
        $corrGrenPrint = "Corrosive Grenade Timer = " & $corrGrenTimer & @CRLF;

If $corrGrenTimer == 1 Then
           $playcorrGrenSound = True
        EndIf

;Lowering it by a second
        $corrGrenTimer -= 1
     Else
        $corrGrenPrint = "";
     EndIf

If $weakBlastTimer > 0 Then
           $weakBlastPrint = "Weakening Blast Timer = " & $weakBlastTimer & @CRLF;

If $weakBlastTimer == 1 Then
           $playweakBlastSound = True
        EndIf

$weakBlastTimer -= 1;
     Else
        $weakBlastPrint = "";
     EndIf

If $corrDartTimer > 0 Then
           $corrDartPrint = "Corrosive Dart Timer = " & $corrDartTimer & @CRLF;

If $corrDartTimer == 1 Then
           $playcorrDartSound = True
        EndIf

$corrDartTimer -= 1;
     Else
        $corrDartPrint = "";
     EndIf

;Showing the tooltip
     ToolTip($quitKey & @CRLF & $corrGrenPrint & $weakBlastPrint & $corrDartPrint, $x, $y)

;Making a sound when one or more DoT's have 1 sec left
     If $soundEnable Then
        If $playcorrGrenSound Then
           Soundplay($corrGrensoundPath)
           $playcorrGrenSound = False
        EndIf
        If $playweakBlastSound Then
           Soundplay($weakBlastsoundPath)
           $playweakBlastSound = False
        EndIf
        If $playcorrDartSound Then
           Soundplay($corrDartsoundPath)
           $playcorrDartSound = False
        EndIf
     EndIf

Sleep(1000)
  WEnd

;No more active DoT running
  ToolTip($quitKey, $x, $y)
  $tooltipActive = False
EndFunc

;This is to keep the script running, but not taking full CPU power
While 1
  Sleep(36000000)
WEnd

Here is a screenshot of my character pane http://i.imgur.com/2YOte.jpg I swap between 300 / ~350 Crit rating as Full Lethality or Hybrid. I am currently using cunning augments.

I wanted to try the hybrid build is 40% crit best for that? Also im having trouble putting accuracy and surge since we dont get that extra 3% acc im trying to fix that and get higher crit and i feel like im giving up surge for it

i wish they had a acc/surge enhancement

Attempted to parse with a Sniper Rifle last night for the first time... instead of the S-311 Saboteur Blaster Rifle i've been using since the beginning of HM TFB and the numbers turned out to be much better :o:D

Last night:

5 mins 2223 DPS http://www.torparse.com/a/133419/time/1360917417/1360917717/0/Overview.

in comparison to 5 mins 2168 (can not find logs atm) which was the most I could ever do using the S-311 Saboteur Blaster Rifle.

The rotation i used started with a modified MAX DPS rotation shown in the OP. I used:

Orbital - Ambush - IP - CG - CD - SS - Cull - EP - SoS - Lazed Snipe - Cull...

Keeping the armor debuff up, followed by a sustained: With lucky crits you can put out high numbers in mox.

IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - Ambush or Lazed Snipe - Cull...

Stats for this were:

300 Acc Rating - 110.27% Tech Accuracy

346 Crit Rating - 40.54% Crit Chance

300 Surge Rating - 76.28% Crit Multiplier

Exotech Stim, All class buffs

Thank you to Guns thread! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=590821

The difference is fairly large. If you can use a sniper rifle over a blaster rifle, you should.

:o

Analytical View:

http://www.torparse.com/a/133419/time/1360917417/1360917717/0/Overview

Log View: Beginning of fight.

00:36:51.747 http://www.torparse.com/l/133419

Edited by paowee

damm... this is hard... :confused:

dps is around ~1900

http://www.torparse.com/a/134487 (last log)

i don't use SS and only rakata adrenal

relics are DG internal proc and EWH

stats are with rakata stim and all buffs:

cun 2334

pow 831

crit 336 (40.96/39.99)

sur 285 (75.82)

should i do more dps in these stats? if use less RS and more LS or ambush i run out of energy insantly.

rotation opener: OS - IP - arenal - CG - CD - AP - Cull - EP - SoS - RS - Cull - RS

then i continue with IP - CG - RS - CD - (RS) - Cull - (EP) - SoS - RS - Cull

when OS is off cooldown: IP - CG - RS - CD - Cull - OS - RS - RS - Cull

damm... this is hard... :confused:

dps is around ~1900

http://www.torparse.com/a/134487 (last log)

i don't use SS and only rakata adrenal

relics are DG internal proc and EWH

stats are with rakata stim and all buffs:

cun 2334

pow 831

crit 336 (40.96/39.99)

sur 285 (75.82)

should i do more dps in these stats? if use less RS and more LS or ambush i run out of energy insantly.

rotation opener: OS - IP - arenal - CG - CD - AP - Cull - EP - SoS - RS - Cull - RS

imo you are doing fine! just practice more. Wales' put it exactly right with this :

[...] Lethality [...] comes down to a lot of split second decisions about what to do next based on current energy levels, which may change depending on how many crits occurred. Any kind of one size fits all rotation is going to be slightly non-optimal compared to making the right decision at any given time based on just experience and more practice.

I found out that if you try to do AT THE MOST, 3 Rifle Shots only (the fewer the better) per CG - CD - Cull - X - X - Cull, that should raise up your DPS a bit. But you are on the right track I think..

NOTE:

For every CG - CD do:

--------1) 2 Culls

--------2) at most 3 RS only

--------3) When AP is up try to use all your filler abilities

I've started to count my RS and make sure i only do at most 3 for every CG - CD - Cull rotation. This will ofcourse depend on luck with your DoT crits. Haven't parsed a lot yet due to RL but it is something worth a try. If you have AP you might be able to afford not using RS at all. Take every opportunity, when AP is up, to use all your filler abilities e.g. Ambush, Lazed Snipe, SoS, Orbital if available, and having the armor debuff up on your main target. IP, CG, CD, 2 Culls are mandatory of course.

Edited by paowee

A good way to increase your DPS, if your gear can pull it off (among other things) is if you can squeeze an SoS in place of RS in your OS rotation. IP - CG - RS - CD - Cull - SoS - OS - RS - Cull

Hope this helps!

Edited by paowee

I recently switched from Marksmanship to Hybrid and I'm having a bit of trouble with the energy regen.

I was following along with the youtube videos with an identical rotation, and I keep ending up with less energy starting from the third ability on.

Now, I'm in the habit of pre-queing the next ability while the gcd is running, so there is no delay whatsoever.

When you're running that rotation, and the next ability is up, do you tend to wait a moment before firing it? Like if energy is at 68%, do you wait a tick, see it pop to 72% and then fire?

Edited by Khevar

I recently switched from Marksmanship to Hybrid and I'm having a bit of trouble with the energy regen.

I was following along with the youtube videos with an identical rotation, and I keep ending up with less energy starting from the third ability on.

Now, I'm in the habit of pre-queing the next ability while the gcd is running, so there is no delay whatsoever.

When you're running that rotation, and the next ability is up, do you tend to wait a moment before firing it? Like if energy is at 68%, do you wait a tick, see it pop to 72% and then fire?

You have to squeeze in Rifle Shots when necessary. The rotation (pictures) is more of a guide for what abilities to use next. Prioritized over these is Rifle Shot when you are going to dip down below optimum energy levels. It will depend on your DoT crits if you need to use Rifle Shot more or less.

Try doing: IP - CG - RS - CD - RS - Cull. 2 Rifle Shots (assuming you start with ~100% energy bar) will be enough to keep you at the high energy bracket.

You have to squeeze in Rifle Shots when necessary. The rotation (pictures) is more of a guide for what abilities to use next. Prioritized over these is Rifle Shot when you are going to dip down below optimum energy levels. It will depend on your DoT crits if you need to use Rifle Shot more or less.

Try doing: IP - CG - RS - CD - RS - Cull. 2 Rifle Shots (assuming you start with ~100% energy bar) will be enough to keep you at the high energy bracket.

Well, here's the funny part. I've been watching the youtube videos to try to understand the difference between my rotation and yours and where your energy is at as each ability is activated.

IP -> 85%

CG -> 72%

RS -> 81%

CD -> 73%

Cull -> 55%

SoS -> 51%

SS -> 69%

RS -> 82%

Cull -> 70%

RS -> 84%

(by the end of the RS gdc, energy has gone back to 100%)

IP -> 85%

Here's a general idea of what happens when I try it:

IP -> 85%

CG -> 72%

RS -> 79%

CD -> 69%

Cull -> 51%

SoS -> 43%

and by this time I'm toast as I've dropped too low.

When I trigger my abilities, I "queue" them up. I have that setting on the Action Queue - 1.0 seconds. So while the gcd is running, I'll hotkey my next ability so that it instantly fires the moment the previous one is finished.

But perhaps that is the problem. So I was wondering if maybe you don't do this. It might look like this:

IP -> 85%

CG -> 72%

RS -> 79% (wait a moment and energy regens to 81%)

CD -> 73%

Cull -> 53% (wait a moment and energy regens to 55%)

SoS -> 51%

etc.

See, I watched the 5 minute video of your rotation. Without using AP or TA, it looks as if that rotation is pretty much infinitely sustainable. So it is odd to me that I would go below yours within the first 18 seconds.

Am I on the right track?

This is my current gear: AMR