EricMusco

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Heroic] Expel the Darkness - I am now able to proceed to the second area and kill the second Sith. Can proceed to the third area, but companion does not follow. In the final room, the Sith randomly resets, making him impossible to kill without a companion. I have now attempted to kill the final Sith in the third room twice - with no success. Please fix the issue where the companion hangs when entering the final area and does not follow. Dismissing companion and resummoning once inside has no effect.

[Heroic] Expel the Darkness - I am now able to proceed to the second area and kill the second Sith. Can proceed to the third area, but companion does not follow. In the final room, the Sith randomly resets, making him impossible to kill without a companion. I have now attempted to kill the final Sith in the third room twice - with no success. Please fix the issue where the companion hangs when entering the final area and does not follow. Dismissing companion and resummoning once inside has no effect.

i beat this on my first try no prob. is your companion ranged or melee? i have noticed that it happens a lot on ranged companions.

Also had the problem with the companion not entering the area of the 3rd Sith. Companion drops off at the stairs leading north from the room with the 2nd Sith. When killed by the 3rd Sith, I opted to re-spawn on the spot. When I did this my companion was with me on re-spawn and we took the Sith down as easily as the others but I was not credited with the kill in the quest status.

Also, after defeating the Sith Lords, the location markers for them did not disappear as is normally the case for other quests.

In The Sacred Arifacts, the ancient lightsabers are nowhere near the indicated area on the map. The map indicates they're somewhere within the area of the fountain surrounding the giant statue in the center of the room. They're not. At least not when I found them.

Otherwise, my hat's off to the devs. The planet is beautiful and a dramatic leap forward in the artwork.

I see some fixes were made, but the Heroic Hold the Line was still not adjusted. It's still stupidly insane with the waves of Geonosians. 2 golds, 6 silvers, and 15+ standards at one time is ridiculous. It's slightly better now towards the end when the silvers come out 1 or 2 at a time.

Please consider re-tuning this.

Edited by ZeridanShear

I see some fixes were made, but the Heroic Hold the Line was still not adjusted. It's still stupidly insane with the waves of Geonosians. 2 golds, 6 silvers, and 15+ standards at one time is ridiculous. It's slightly better now towards the end when the silvers come out 1 or 2 at a time.

Please consider re-tuning this.

/signed.

Note: Sacred Artifact- Seems a little overtune (republic side) even my sage (252 gear dps and lv 50 companion) are dying too quick with the 2 gold elite sith. So either it is overtuned or I'm missing something.

Edit: Might be overtuned since I got the 258 gear and was able to do it. You might want to check this as the highest most people will have starting out on this is 248 so it could create a problem and it is part of the weekly, especially for solo players. For people like me that have a guild no a big deal but those that do things solo a little bit of a problem

Edited by casirabit

/signed.

Note: Sacred Artifact- Seems a little overtune (republic side) even my sage (252 gear dps and lv 50 companion) are dying too quick with the 2 gold elite sith. So either it is overtuned or I'm missing something.

Edit: Might be overtuned since I got the 258 gear and was able to do it. You might want to check this as the highest most people will have starting out on this is 248 so it could create a problem and it is part of the weekly, especially for solo players. For people like me that have a guild no a big deal but those that do things solo a little bit of a problem

I think the channeled attack they do is overtuned. I wasn't paying attention once and didn't interrupt them when they both started channeling and I died ridiculously fast. If I interrupt the channels immediately though it's no problem.

I got on and tried out the Imp side missions last night after the new patch and it seems like the quest givers at the Ossus Canyons speeder landing are gone, as well as the one at the Jedi Temple landing. Do you pick those up somewhere else now? I looked around and couldn't find them. Also the weekly just always says 'not eligible for pickup' and the activities window shows that I've completed the weekly already even on characters I've never done the weekly on.

I think the channeled attack they do is overtuned. I wasn't paying attention once and didn't interrupt them when they both started channeling and I died ridiculously fast. If I interrupt the channels immediately though it's no problem.

I got on and tried out the Imp side missions last night after the new patch and it seems like the quest givers at the Ossus Canyons speeder landing are gone, as well as the one at the Jedi Temple landing. Do you pick those up somewhere else now? I looked around and couldn't find them. Also the weekly just always says 'not eligible for pickup' and the activities window shows that I've completed the weekly already even on characters I've never done the weekly on.

Haven't been on the imp side lately so I have to checked. I know on the republic side a few mission quest givers have said not eligible as well but they were having trouble with PTS so maybe that was bug. Haven't been on since they updated PTS yesterday.

• Dev Post
Following the most recent update, the daily heroic Hold the Line is still extremely overtuned and impossible to solo.

Hey everyone,

I’m Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. I’ve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, we’re reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie

Hey everyone,

I’m Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. I’ve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, we’re reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie

Is it just Hold the Line and Supply Heist that are Heroic 4? All the other heroics seem like the same difficulty as current heroics. Also Supply Heist is way easier than Hold the Line, if only because there's a huge difference in the number of mobs spawning at a time.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Heroic 4's. All it adds is some annoyance in finding people to group up with. Then you just zone in, spend a couple minutes killing stuff, leave group the end. There's no added fun, just an extra step in getting people into group. It's so short no one even really talks to each other. And then later on when players have maxed rep and finished their gear grind it just makes it harder and harder for people to find groups for it.

*Edit: My apologies, I just verified that hold the line is the republic side. I didn’t play that one. So keep that in mind with regards to the rest of the post. I, in fact, was missing something.*

I don’t understand the problem with hold the line. I did it twice on my marauder and solo’d it. It was a little hard and the first time I was worried but I just popped heroic moment and I was fine. The second time I knew what to expect and don’t even need to pop heroic moment. Am I missing something here? Oh and yes my comp is level 50 but soloing group content I expect to use a high level comp.

In fact as far as I know there are still four “heroic 4” missions in the game. Aurora cannon was made to be soloable but still labeled as heroic 4 (unless they finally changed it). And then the three Heroic 4 for macrobinoculars and seeds. These were way harder then hold the line but I was still able to solo it (until I needed to press the buttons then I had buddies jump in)

PS I do t remember if the last HK-51 was a heroic or not.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie

Thank you for this information but one thing I would like to point out regarding these heroics is the gear is the main problem for some because of the test center you are able to get 258 gear and most are using that to test Ossus but it is not something they will have when it goes live and the rate to get the gear may be a problem for some. I don't have a problem as I have a guild I can do this with but what about those that don't.

Thank you for this information but one thing I would like to point out regarding these heroics is the gear is the main problem for some because of the test center you are able to get 258 gear and most are using that to test Ossus but it is not something they will have when it goes live and the rate to get the gear may be a problem for some. I don't have a problem as I have a guild I can do this with but what about those that don't.

That’s a good point. When I did testing I was in 248. I saw 258 pieces missing so I didn’t bother upgrading.

This seems a bad idea, for a couple of different reasons.

First, the concept of "Heroics" has a long history of misinterpretation, one which seems to still be in the above. H4s were never 2 + 2 companions, H2s were 2+2, H4s were a full 4-man trinity group, no companions (at least at level with average skill and gear). Then, when planetary Heroics were all modified with 4.0, there was still confusion because Star Fortresses were way out of whack, as I recall, even Eric was confused, finally coming back and saying something along the lines of Star Fortresses were just more Heroic than normal Heroics (which to me suggests that devs got their wires crossed somewhere).

Now we finally got to a place where, for the most part, Heroics are pretty normalized one way or another, and you want to go back and re-confuse things? Because clearly people are very confused. If you change nothing else, please change the terminology to something other than "Heroic," because we've finally reached a point where everyone left knows that Heroic means "harder than normal single player content."

Secondly, what's the end plan for something like this? Because it's not just--or even primarily--the planetary Heroic changes that doomed all of the other daily H4s out there. Daily area H4s fail because of the lifecycle of daily areas--you start out with tons of people all running the new content. Then a month or two later, people max out on rep or don't need the rewards, so there's no reason to run the H4 anymore, and the people that still need it start to get more and more frustrated by the annoyance of having to get a group together. Then eventually either you need to redesign it to be soloable anyway (most of the old daily H4s), or you just ignore it and the content ends up mostly wasted (macrobinoculars/seeker droid).

What, exactly, are you actually gaining by making this an H4? It seems like there's already a decent template for group content attached to a daily area in the way you did CZ-198 by attaching flashpoints to it--and since then you've added Uprisings as a way to do content that's maybe 4-player, doable as 2+2, maybe solo if you're good and/or geared. Those options give you group finders and reasons for people to join in even when they don't need that one specific mission. H4s end up with lonely people spamming "LFG" messages on instances with 5 people in them.

I'm a solo player, so I can already see that this is going to be a bust for me. I really would've hoped by now, that they'd have learned that you can't push so much group stuff when there are so many solo players. And honestly, no amount of difficulty is going to push me into a group. I just won't do it. :( Is it that big of a deal to make a solo version, but with less rewards or something? Edited by Lunafox

some more difficult content that encourages group play,

To the beginning it will be fine... but after month... it will do like Sector X and its H4 where there is none on the map at prime time with who to group !

Like OP, ZL, ZdG, H4 should be in a RDG list !

Edited by Syal

This seems a bad idea, for a couple of different reasons.

First, the concept of "Heroics" has a long history of misinterpretation, one which seems to still be in the above. H4s were never 2 + 2 companions, H2s were 2+2, H4s were a full 4-man trinity group, no companions (at least at level with average skill and gear). Then, when planetary Heroics were all modified with 4.0, there was still confusion because Star Fortresses were way out of whack, as I recall, even Eric was confused, finally coming back and saying something along the lines of Star Fortresses were just more Heroic than normal Heroics (which to me suggests that devs got their wires crossed somewhere).

Now we finally got to a place where, for the most part, Heroics are pretty normalized one way or another, and you want to go back and re-confuse things? Because clearly people are very confused. If you change nothing else, please change the terminology to something other than "Heroic," because we've finally reached a point where everyone left knows that Heroic means "harder than normal single player content."

Secondly, what's the end plan for something like this? Because it's not just--or even primarily--the planetary Heroic changes that doomed all of the other daily H4s out there. Daily area H4s fail because of the lifecycle of daily areas--you start out with tons of people all running the new content. Then a month or two later, people max out on rep or don't need the rewards, so there's no reason to run the H4 anymore, and the people that still need it start to get more and more frustrated by the annoyance of having to get a group together. Then eventually either you need to redesign it to be soloable anyway (most of the old daily H4s), or you just ignore it and the content ends up mostly wasted (macrobinoculars/seeker droid).

What, exactly, are you actually gaining by making this an H4? It seems like there's already a decent template for group content attached to a daily area in the way you did CZ-198 by attaching flashpoints to it--and since then you've added Uprisings as a way to do content that's maybe 4-player, doable as 2+2, maybe solo if you're good and/or geared. Those options give you group finders and reasons for people to join in even when they don't need that one specific mission. H4s end up with lonely people spamming "LFG" messages on instances with 5 people in them.

Heroic 4 always meant 4 players or 2 players with 2 high geared/high influence companions. All other heroics are soloable so why exactly is it bad to have 4+ heroics in Ossus? The point of heroic 4+ is to have group content that is casual enough and not as time consuming as flashpoints but introduce solo players to playing with others for a few minutes. It introduces to the fun of group play. Flashpoints can be consuming and often also be quite hard for entirely new solo players. But 4+ heroics are the ideal introduction point for solo players who only for a little bit want to dabble into group play.

They can still redesign it later if people won't play through Ossus anymore but for the beginning it's good to have some activity introduced. Also....what's in your opinion wrong with people writing LFG messages? That's the point of the chat. Do you want an empty chat?

I'm a solo player, so I can already see that this is going to be a bust for me. I really would've hoped by now, that they'd have learned that you can't push so much group stuff when there are so many solo players. And honestly, no amount of difficulty is going to push me into a group. I just won't do it. :( Is it that big of a deal to make a solo version, but with less rewards or something?

How exactly are they pushing "so much for group stuff" when pretty much all the content in the game is soloable (except operations). So there is one heroic 4+ that requires you to group up with one other person and you spend only a few minutes with that person. What's bad about that?

To the beginning it will be fine... but after month... it will do like Sector X and its H4 where there is none on the map at prime time with who to group !

Like OP, ZL, ZdG, H4 should be in a RDG list !

Sector X is also an optional daily area and has no real "main story" quest attached to it.

Edited by menofhorror

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie

So...will these Heroic 4s be included in the requirements for the dailies? Does this mean that solo players will be unable to complete the dailies and earn that one shard for the week unless they group for part of it?

I hope that if this is what you are planning, you will reconsider.

Not everyone wants to group. Not everyone is comfortable with it, due to anxiety, or lag in their system, or disability, or just not wanting to play that way. As of right now, every other route to the masterworks shards is unavailable to solo players. Can you not leave one way open that solo players can do?

Forcing group play in order to have any route to the gear will not result in people grouping. It will result in people walking away. The game is supposed to be FUN and is supposed to accommodate multiple playstyles. It's not supposed to be something where people are backed into a corner and forced into a playstyle they don't like.

There is nothing the devs can offer, or do, or dangle in front of me, that will force me to group. So if this is the direction the game is heading in - catering to only group players with not even one route for solo players to move forward - you've just given me one more reason not to continue with it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

So...will these Heroic 4s be included in the requirements for the dailies? Does this mean that solo players will be unable to complete the dailies and earn that one shard for the week unless they group for part of it?

I hope that if this is what you are planning, you will reconsider.

Not everyone wants to group. Not everyone is comfortable with it, due to anxiety, or lag in their system, or disability, or just not wanting to play that way. As of right now, every other route to the masterworks shards is unavailable to solo players. Can you not leave one way open that solo players can do?

Forcing group play in order to have any route to the gear will not result in people grouping. It will result in people walking away. The game is supposed to be FUN and is supposed to accommodate multiple playstyles. It's not supposed to be something where people are backed into a corner and forced into a playstyle they don't like.

There is nothing the devs can offer, or do, or dangle in front of me, that will force me to group. So if this is the direction the game is heading in - catering to only group players with not even one route for solo players to move forward - you've just given me one more reason not to continue with it.

Nobody forces you to a playstyle though.

Nobody forces you to a playstyle though.

I will remind you of one thing, they had heroic 4 when the game launch and at the beginning people did them, after a while people ignored them and stop doing them, so they went in and redid them to be solo so people started doing them again.

And before u make a comment, find a goup, I have one so it is not a problem for me but this has been done before and failed.