Don't buff commando healers

General_Aldo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You clearly have no reading skills.

how does he have no reading skill. you said commandos do fine in RWZ which for most people stand for ranked warzones. So he said you obviously don't do ranked if you think they do fine in ranked. sounds like his reading skills are goods to me.

Jenna'syyde

how does he have no reading skill. you said commandos do fine in RWZ which for most people stand for ranked warzones. So he said you obviously don't do ranked if you think they do fine in ranked. sounds like his reading skills are goods to me.

Jenna'syyde

Cause if I say they do fine in ranked, then obviously I have done ranked. Duh

Cause if I say they do fine in ranked, then obviously I have done ranked. Duh

It's definitely possible that the best/most experienced Medic Commandos in the game are capable of playing commando healers at a ranked level. I have done ranked WZs as both a Scrapper and a Concealment Op, some of the most widely derided and nerfed specs in the game. It isn't easy and you always feel a little bit behind the curve, but you can still have an impact with practice, a good team, and some luck.

The problem is, as I see it, that both Sorc/Op healers have a much lower skill bar for ranked gameplay. Sorcs have comparable raw healing output but with the added bonus of the outrageous bubble stun. Ops are just healing machines with crazy burst and HOT capabilities, not to mention the best mobility of any of the healers. You might be an excellent commando healer, but as the argument goes, if you took those same skills and applied them on an Op you would be even better.

With some extra balancing and buffing, the class might have a lower skill bar for players, making it a lot more viable in ranked gameplay.

The problem is, as I see it, that both Sorc/Op healers have a much lower skill bar for ranked gameplay. Sorcs have comparable raw healing output but with the added bonus of the outrageous bubble stun. Ops are just healing machines with crazy burst and HOT capabilities, not to mention the best mobility of any of the healers. You might be an excellent commando healer, but as the argument goes, if you took those same skills and applied them on an Op you would be even better.

So you are saying we should all go roll class that take little skill.......I enjoy having to think.

I am not arguing that we are the best healing class out there, or that or that we are perfect as is (my first post says as much.) But at the same time the class(healing spec) is not as broken as most people think, they think that if their total healing at the end of every round is not the top then the class is broken.

It's definitely possible that the best/most experienced Medic Commandos in the game are capable of playing commando healers at a ranked level. I have done ranked WZs as both a Scrapper and a Concealment Op, some of the most widely derided and nerfed specs in the game. It isn't easy and you always feel a little bit behind the curve, but you can still have an impact with practice, a good team, and some luck.

With some extra balancing and buffing, the class might have a lower skill bar for players, making it a lot more viable in ranked gameplay.

Skill cap implies that they have the same capabilities (possibly better), just one is harder to take to the fullest than the other.

When clearly the merc is the most simplistic of the healing classes..........And the healing output is gimped compared to the other classes

Being a bad AC isn't "raising the skilli cap". It's just a ****** class that gimps your output

And it should be fixed

Edited by Mookind

1v1 a healer is a horrible way to judge the healer's worth in a wz. commandos are the hardest to 1v1 (if you know how to time your burst with ops). however, they are the least effective healers - reg or rated - on average. there are a couple commandos on my server who are exceptions to the rule...I mean a couple. like 2.

I better be one of those commandos you speak of. ;)

As for the OP, you're silly. How can you be so blind as to not ask for a buff? Commandos are the worst healers in the game. Here is why; IF A COMMANDO IS NOT ACTIVELY HEALING YOUR TEAM THEN THEY ARE NOT HELAING AT ALL. Commandos have one very small unnoticeable HoT, scoundrels have two and Sages have their massive AOE heal

Commandos are supposed to be single target healers. The problem is Bacta Infusion. Scoundrels get Emergency Medpac which uses upper hand and has no cast time. The fact it uses upper hand makes it superior to Bacta Infusion. Now BI is at the top of the combat medic tree, it should be the BEST single target heal in the game meaning it should heal for 9k or so on a critical, not it's rough 4.7k (crit) it does now

Slap a small HoT on Kolto Bomb and I think it would bring the balance up just fine.

The only reason other healers can heal for more is simply because of HoTs. You can put a hot on multiple people and heal them and use your casts.

If you were to take an equally skilled Sage/Scoundrel/Commando and put them in the same scenario and then put them head to head in total healing the Commando will ALWAYS finish last. Always.

Edited by Aramyth

Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps. :rak_01:

Are you a troll?

The problem with Commando is just BAD DESIGN! They even forgot to give interrupt to Commandos till 1.4 (late September of 2012)! This class is just a HEALBOT! It has no UNIQUE FEATURES like Bubble(instant spammable cast which can guaranteed save ally) or Life Grip(incredible unique ability)! Commando healers are WEAK compare to other healers!

IF YOU STAND STILL AND JUST SPAM HEALING, AND NO ONE TOUCHES OR CANT KILL YOU, THEN YOU ON REGULAR WARZONE AND YOUR OPPONENTS ARE JUST PUSHOVERS.

If you can't see the problem with Commando, I'll show you!

1. Resourse management. The most frustrating and dumbest design EVER. Outside Overcharge Cells - guaranteed OOM in matter of seconds.
  2. Weak defensives. Reactive Shield's cooldown should be 1 minute!
  3. Kiting tools. 3 seconds 50% snare with Kolto Bomb? Melee classes: *Yao Min Face*
    Cnockback with 30 seconds cooldown and 4 seconds snare? *Force Push(or any other tool to get to a Commando) with Yao Min Face*
    Commando healer is just a PUNCHING BAG!
    Efficient Conversions should be baseline for all Commando specs. Concussion Charge cooldown should be 15-20 seconds.

Edited by GNWP

Look, I play a commando healer, and already 95% of the time out-perform any other healer in warzones. Giving commando healer a utility buff will only make us OP in warzones. Knowing how to correctly play a commando can go very far in PvP/PvE. In warzones, I will only die in a 1v3, which still takes a while and sometimes I can still survive it. Giving a buff in PvP will make good commando healers gods. I like people thinking we are a bad class to play, with in reality, we can do as much heals if played properly. I know the learning curve on commando healer is huge, and it takes extreme skill to play properly. If any buffs are going to be given to commandos, then give it to the dps. :rak_01:

Buff the damage of Pyro Powertechs instead! Oh wait, they're doing it......:eek:

So you are saying we should all go roll class that take little skill.......I enjoy having to think.

I am not arguing that we are the best healing class out there, or that or that we are perfect as is (my first post says as much.) But at the same time the class(healing spec) is not as broken as most people think, they think that if their total healing at the end of every round is not the top then the class is broken.

You are talking to the guy who has decided to play Scrapper as opposed to either Senintel or Shadow DPS, so I am pretty sure that we are on the same page. As I also posted earlier in this thread, the class probably doesn't need serious buffs or changes, just small things here and there to improve mobility and resource management. It's one thing to have a class that requires skill to succeed with. It's another thing entirely if that class is hamstrung out of the gate by bad design. Commando resource management as compared to Op/Sorc resource management is pretty comical. It's even worse when we compare the classes on mobility and kiting potential.

I've played commando heal for so long, and I can assure you we need a little help there, cause we are still behind the other two classes.

I play a lot of normal wz and I'm 90% times first in healing, but to really test a class you have to play it in a rwz where other 6 great player are trying to kill you. In that circumstances commando is static, gets interrupted and ends up being useless. :(

Since I love to play it, its sad for me admitting that even with a guard, rwz is not an option against best guild with commando. What we need is not being OP, cause people like me knows how to play it. We just need to start at the same level of other classes, skill should be a plus. :cool:

You are talking to the guy who has decided to play Scrapper as opposed to either Senintel or Shadow DPS, so I am pretty sure that we are on the same page.
let me clarify what I meant, ( want to make sure I am not coming off insulting.) just becuse a class is easy does not make it the best class. ( everybody would be running vanguards lol)

As I also posted earlier in this thread, the class probably doesn't need serious buffs or changes, just small things here and there to improve mobility and resource management.

seams we are on the same page. The change I would most like to see is ammo management.

I've played commando heal for so long, and I can assure you we need a little help there, cause we are still behind the other two classes.

I play a lot of normal wz and I'm 90% times first in healing, but to really test a class you have to play it in a rwz where other 6 great player are trying to kill you. In that circumstances commando is static, gets interrupted and ends up being useless. :(

Since I love to play it, its sad for me admitting that even with a guard, rwz is not an option against best guild with commando. What we need is not being OP, cause people like me knows how to play it. We just need to start at the same level of other classes, skill should be a plus. :cool:

I have played CM since the start, so I as well have played it a long time. CM is not useless in RWZ, they are quite capable of doing well in RWZ.

I have played CM since the start, so I as well have played it a long time. CM is not useless in RWZ, they are quite capable of doing well in RWZ.

Just look at what you wrote, they are QUITE capable of doing well. I didnt want to say we are useless as role, I'm saying we are behind the other healer classes, an thats not how it should be. We shouldnt be quite capable, we should start with the same possibility as others :)

I'm happy to see another commando loving their role, we are so few :(

Just look at what you wrote, they are QUITE capable of doing well. I didnt want to say we are useless as role, I'm saying we are behind the other healer classes, an thats not how it should be. We shouldnt be quite capable, we should start with the same possibility as others :)

I'm happy to see another commando loving their role, we are so few :(

LOL, don't hurt yourself.