Please nerf operatives roll!

BraverDre

underperforming sorcs... nice one...

I suck at my sorc, but I do understand how the skills and priorities work - how to line skills up to not completely suck in damage... now imagine what somebody could do who actually mains a sorc and has an even better understanding....

https://imgur.com/a/nfvU0

Also - roll is fine, it's just concealment and as long as you stay in front of them and kiting them with slow you should have no problems, if you're melee class (op/sin/jugg/mara/pt) and can't kill one than they are probably just better than you and would have killed you anyway :p

Also keep in mind - this mmo isn't created to make every 1 vs 1 situation absolutely fair with even chances (that's not even possible) - so deal with it :p

Edited by funnypat

underperforming sorcs... nice one...

I suck at my sorc, but I do understand how the skills and priorities work - how to line skills up to not completely suck in damage... now imagine what somebody could do who actually mains a sorc and has an even better understanding....

https://imgur.com/a/nfvU0

Also - roll is fine, it's just concealment and as long as you stay in front of them and kiting them with slow you should have no problems, if you're melee class (op/sin/jugg/mara/pt) and can't kill one than they are probably just better than you and would have killed you anyway :p

Also keep in mind - this mmo isn't created to make every 1 vs 1 situation absolutely fair with even chances (that's not even possible) - so deal with it :p

sorcs are not that strong right now and even brain dead monkeys can do 3mil damage with pocket healers. you simply didn't die thanks to healers.

tell us more pvp god!!

Edited by Turn-XGundam

look again, we had 1 heal and I said "I suck at sorc" - If you're implying that a class is only good if it can survive in reg wz without a single healer... than you're probably one of those "I only ever play fotm, because I want to feel superior"

We need it bioware and u know how overpowered it is. It should be nerf as fast as possible. People can't wait till u fix broken classes like OP operatives and Underperforming sorcs.

"OP operatives"... Wow.

Without roll operatives would be trash. Can't believe this "nerf opeartives" kinda thread is still going. Operatives are in a decent place defensively (especially after nerfs come to mercs/snipers in 5.6), and certainly not too strong offensively. Go back to 2012 where nerf operatives threads belong.

Well, concealment roll could use some slight tunings imo but nothing too big, the main issue I have with these is that they'll desync whenever they roll on a slope...

Apart from that, make those huttball trap affect them, like they affect everyone else. Seeing an operative roll through the flames is very frustrating since, unless I'm wrong, it's the only ability who is certain to avoid the flames damage. In the end it's more an adjustment of a map rather than the class itself... :rolleyes:

Well, concealment roll could use some slight tunings imo but nothing too big, the main issue I have with these is that they'll desync whenever they roll on a slope...

Apart from that, make those huttball trap affect them, like they affect everyone else. Seeing an operative roll through the flames is very frustrating since, unless I'm wrong, it's the only ability who is certain to avoid the flames damage. In the end it's more an adjustment of a map rather than the class itself... :rolleyes:

Blade blitz, speed + shroud, rocket out (might take 1 tick), sniper roll. So only sorcs and PTs don't have a reliable tool to get past fire/acid traps. But sorcs have pull, which is probably the strongest tool in huttball, so they shouldn't be carrying the ball, but pulling whoever is carrying. And PTs have hydraulics which makes them pretty damn strong ball carriers (DCDs stay an issue, but that's not the subject here).

Yes it's the only one on such a short cooldown though. So it's still strong. But not overpowered.

Edited by Eloi_BG

Blade blitz, speed + shroud, rocket out (might take 1 tick), sniper roll. So only sorcs and PTs don't have a reliable tool to get past fire/acid traps. But sorcs have pull, which is probably the strongest tool in huttball, so they shouldn't be carrying the ball, but pulling whoever is carrying. And PTs have hydraulics which makes them pretty damn strong ball carriers (DCDs stay an issue, but that's not the subject here).

Yes it's the only one on such a short cooldown though. So it's still strong. But not overpowered.

Shroud don't work on huttball trap, trust me I've tried enough of that. Blade Blitz has a chance of not working properly due to the bad relief ot the trap itself (you can get stuck on the edge, because that's apparently "normal"). Rocket out don't grant you an immunity against damage when used, you'll take the tick anyway, sniper roll has the same issue as blade blitz, in which he'll often get stuck on the edge of the trap.

Besides, all of these ability does share an important cooldown, against a 10sec cd for two roll. (the only arguable could be the sniper roll, I completely agree on this), preventing you from using it on more than one trap at the time.

Sorc have pull, PT have hydraulic, I completely agree. PW make sorc pretty OP in huttball for this tbh, since you can PW just before the enemy goal and pull your allies, but you're right, that's not the subject.

I didn't call it "OP" tbh, but it does gives some huge advantages. The fact that the only counter for this roll is a root (which can be cleansed/avoided by the roll itself) makes it difficult to prevent due to the terrible game lag and desync...

Tbh, I think this doesn't really concern the operative itself, but more the game in general that isn't made for this kind of trick. :')

look again, we had 1 heal and I said "I suck at sorc" - If you're implying that a class is only good if it can survive in reg wz without a single healer... than you're probably one of those "I only ever play fotm, because I want to feel superior"

sucking at a ez mode class rofl, also having 1 healer is still better then having 0 healer.

with a healer, you dont die as often resulting in high damage output.

sorcs are weak class right now outside of the heal spec at least pvp wise, not pt/vanguard bad but still lacking. they are always farmed for free kill/damage in ranked.

if anything ops/scoundrel need more dcds.

mara/sins have more or same burst but way better survivability

but then again ops/scoundrel are not force classes so dont take priority in balance change in bw's mind

Sins do not have better survivability ^^' Right now they're quite equal with operative but will drop down when 5.6 gets released.

Still, you're true about Mara, they have better survivability, but it's more them that needs to be nerfed, not sin/operative that needs to be buffed... otherwise we'll just let sorcerer, jugg and PT way, way behind, which wouldn't be exactly fair, right ? :)

Edited by supertimtaf

• 1 month later...
The game mechanics can be ignored by operatives. Something must be changed otherwise it seems like devs just play operatives and enjoy it while its broken and OP.

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagagagag

The game mechanics can be ignored by operatives. Something must be changed otherwise it seems like devs just play operatives and enjoy it while its broken and OP.

There is no curse in Basic, Huttese, or the ancient Sith tongue for this stupidity.

Once again I see that operatives on this forum are not smart enough to understand how OP operatives' roll is. U can survive on acid when u do team ranked as 3 operatives and 1 assassin. This needs to be fixed. Edited by BraverDre

Once again I see that operatives on this forum are not smart enough to understand how OP operatives' roll is. U can survive on acid when u do team ranked as 3 operatives and 1 assassin. This needs to be fixed.

Once again I can't take anyone seriously who uses Cellphone short hand to write on the forums. Pathetic.

Play one

Come back

And tell us the Story of Ur opness

Fk that. Operatives' only other DCDs are a shield probe and an Evasion that only prevents M/R damage for 4sec. You butthurt about acid, kill them before the match gets that far.

Open ur narrow eyes and read the thread. 3 operatives and 1 assasin wait till acid in stealth and operatives use bountyhunter class buff exploit with roll. No worries they will nerf it sooner or later