the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

UjellyTrollicus

i love this game, but i am absolutely astonished at how notfun silvers are at higher levels. they take just far too long to kill, scale up way higher than players do. a level 30 strong enemy is nothing compared to a lv 45 strong enemy. in most cases 2 of them together is absolutely lethal, and they basically force me to use my healing companion, thus lowering total damage, and lengthening fights, which only makes them more boring.

they are so anti-fun that i find myself just leveling alts constantly. i log on ready to play this awesome game, ready to do some missions, and experience the story, then after a few silvers all the fun gets completely sucked away, and i feel like doing something else.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you upgrading your gear? I had the same issue till I upgraded my gear.

Also, use a healing companion if possible.

i upgrade whenever they are available, its all mission gear, and and commendation if they have some that is useful to me, and i do use my healer, as i said, im basically stuck using the healer because anything else is likely to get me killed/has tons of down time because you will both be low after fights.

i upgrade whenever they are available, its all mission gear, and and commendation if they have some that is useful to me, and i do use my healer, as i said, im basically stuck using the healer because anything else is likely to get me killed/has tons of down time because you will both be low after fights.

What advanced class are you?

Are you DPS or Tank? Your answer will either validate or disprove your claims.

Even as DPS Ive seen this in certian instances. Going up against two strongs and two trash mobs I found myself overwhelmed. While I understand theres a need for it to be a challenge to a Tank with the same storyline. I didnt choose DPS to fall flat on my face every couple of fights due to finding myself in situations (which I cant help) that involve tanking.

Are you using any CC abilities available to you to keep one of the silvers out of the fight? I play a sage healer, and use my tank pet. I turn off his AoE abilities so he won't break my CC and Force Lift one silver while I take down the other. Usually works, but I do feel your pain, the silvers do NOT scale linearly with character levels, they seem to get a huge boost in the 40's...

It seems like an attempt to force you to use CC, which makes what should be trash fights much more tedious. It kind of takes away from the feel of your hero character as well... I should be getting progressively more powerful, not feel progressively weaker. A jedi master with a 'friend' shouldn't feel hard pressed to defeat two Imperial Officers :cool:

Edited by trinthalas

The game is intended to get more difficult in the later levels. That said, it's still not impossible to solo. You have tons of soft CC (seconds-long stuns and other disable, not the minute-long stuff available to other classes) as a Guardian, and both they and Vanguards should be resilient enough to handle anything.

Definitely use your healing companion. "Oh, but the fight is so slow!" Well, you are fighting 2-5 guys at once, and it's infinitely slower when you're dead.

did i say they were too hard? no, i said they were tedious.

people need to learn that time consuming =\= difficult.

You're complaining that something takes effort to accomplish. The fact that you don't understand how fundamentally ridiculous this is shows that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

i love this game, but i am absolutely astonished at how notfun silvers are at higher levels. they take just far too long to kill, scale up way higher than players do. a level 30 strong enemy is nothing compared to a lv 45 strong enemy. in most cases 2 of them together is absolutely lethal, and they basically force me to use my healing companion, thus lowering total damage, and lengthening fights, which only makes them more boring.

How dare they make a tiny part of the game a little more challenging? This is an outrage!

I agree. I especially dislike the flashpoint bosses. Most of them are tank and spank and have a lot of health with no special abilities... making it pretty much a 3 minute face roll fight. The solo silvers/golds are like this too. Most of them are not hard, just boring to fight because they take SOOOO long, even as a DPS spec.

Some people also need to learn that MMO = timesink. Did you ever wonder why all the quest objectives arent right next to the quest giver?

Oh, how about the fact that you cannot 1 shot all the mobs. Change up your tactics and stop trying to faceroll imo.

You're complaining that something takes effort to accomplish. The fact that you don't understand how fundamentally ridiculous this is shows that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

it takes a lot of TIME, but not a great deal of effort, and that is exactly why it is so tedious, you spend a whole lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing just so you can do it again at the next silver.

once again time consuming =/= difficult.

I'm a Marauder, I'm open to suggestions about what CC I can use against a pack with 2 silvers.

Clue: I don't have any.

I am also a Marauder.

I sure loved beating a Gold in my class quest three times in a row, and having to wait for all my cooldowns to reset (20min an attempt) in order to complete it.

To the OP.

Gear and skill rotation.

Learning to play the build you have is the key to success.

Your complaining about a Vanguard etc.. try a Shadow.

A shadow sucks until level 32, and it comes down to one skill " Spinning Strike "

I pulled my hair out over that stupid class but now have learned to love it.

Just stick at it.

Use your 1 minute stun etc on one mob, then burn the other down without using area of effect.

2 silver mobs is the same as an elite. So yeah, 2 of those + some trash and it is a tough fight.

Some of the enemy skills totally **** me in seconds, those darn fire droids, or the supressive fire ones, I am so dead if I don't crowd control quickly.

"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.

Something that is hard to complete is only enjoyable the first time it is completed. Subsequent completions at the same level of difficulty is tedious.

Now that I think about it, I do agree with OP. I leveled to 50 with a stealth class and almost every quest just counts total kills so fighting packs with silver mobs is a total waste of time. I now realise that most of the way to 50 I spent trying to avoid silvers through stealth and kill regular mobs instead cause you complete quests twice faster that way.

Strong mobs at high level require you to use all of your abilities. CC, temporary stuns, knockbacks, everything. You need to especially pay attention to their long casts and interrupt them with any and all available resources.

I personally enjoy the challenge.

Strong mobs at high level require you to use all of your abilities. CC, temporary stuns, knockbacks, everything. You need to especially pay attention to their long casts and interrupt them with any and all available resources.

I personally enjoy the challenge.

I didn't find any challenge tbh, as long as you dont agro extra packs and don't forget to click your recuperate after every fight, nothing is challenging, other than soloing group content that I found a bit fun at times.