We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

Eggsalicious

Cartel stuff won't be bound to legacy because it'll cost them profit. Why give you that mount for $15 when they can have you buy it 12 times and make $180? BoL gear hurts crafter economy if it's craftable.

Ive never gotten this argument, I mean, if you've bought the clandstine set for your agent or whatever, why on earth would you send it to an sorc alt? what are you going to wear then? It just doesnt make sense, if you buy a set of shells for a toon, you obvious want them for that toon. Its not as if orange shells are hard to come by, you are showered with them as you level.

• 10 months later...

I really want this feature. A cartel market and or crafted item that will make any adaptive piece in the game a "bind on legacy" piece. I have 16 toons, 1 of each class, on the harbinger, and mirror the classes..so my commando and mercenary for example have the same build and share the same legacy armor that I already have. It would be nice to have this suggested item because, quite frankly, the legacy gear I have to choose from is so limited and I am not happy with the way all my toons look. Part of the appeal of any mmo is to be able to customize your toons appearance to your liking. I think its great that there is gear that is bound to legacy, but the fact that there are so few pieces of legacy gear really takes away from my enjoyment.

I'd also like to note that the primary reason that I don't spend cartel coins on gear that is offered on the cartel market, gear that drops in cartel packs, or gear that is crafted by players is that they are not BOL. The convenience of BOL gear far outweighs my vanity.

While Im on the subject, PLEASE take away the class restrictions from the original legacy gear found on the homeworlds. Some of those pieces look really nice, but they are useless for anything except transferring mods, and that costs way to many credits as it is.

How it works: you buy a consumable for cartel coins, and each one makes a single item B2L.

This solves a number of problems, not the least of which are:

1. obviates the need to design new legacy gear that people would actually wear.

2. allows people to play either faction without the disincentive of a second, identically massive itemization grind

3. encourages people to spend money at the Cartel Market.

If you were really on the proverbial ball, you would add an additional item to the Cartel Market which makes any piece of armor adaptive.

~Eggsalicious

IMO, requests such as this are motivated by the desire to avoid credit costs to transfer mods, or the desire to avoid having to put forth some effort. Neither of those is sufficient reason, IMO, to implement something like a BOL token.

To the best of my knowledge, BOP pieces are either drops from FP's/OPS or purchased from vendors and NOT rare world drops. This means that any character has the same chance to get a specific piece of gear. I know it is far easier for a player to run an FP/OPS with their over geared main than with their average or under geared alt.

Using current legacy gear, the mods in any BOP piece can be sent to alts. All it requires is a compatible piece of legacy gear for the mods you wish to send, and some credits.

If you want a specific piece of gear for "looks" for your bounty hunter, for example, you simply need to run that particular FP or OPS with that character. If that means going through the gearing process for that character first, then so be it.

That said, a "token" to make any piece of gear moddable would provide additional appearance options for people. There are many unique looking pieces of gear which are only available as green/blue items and are not moddable and have no moddable equivalent look. I do not think that a "moddable" token should change the binding status, or make gear adaptive, though.

IMO, requests such as this are motivated by the desire to avoid credit costs to transfer mods, or the desire to avoid having to put forth some effort. Neither of those is sufficient reason, IMO, to implement something like a BOL token.

To the best of my knowledge, BOP pieces are either drops from FP's/OPS or purchased from vendors and NOT rare world drops. This means that any character has the same chance to get a specific piece of gear. I know it is far easier for a player to run an FP/OPS with their over geared main than with their average or under geared alt.

Using current legacy gear, the mods in any BOP piece can be sent to alts. All it requires is a compatible piece of legacy gear for the mods you wish to send, and some credits.

If you want a specific piece of gear for "looks" for your bounty hunter, for example, you simply need to run that particular FP or OPS with that character. If that means going through the gearing process for that character first, then so be it.

That said, a "token" to make any piece of gear moddable would provide additional appearance options for people. There are many unique looking pieces of gear which are only available as green/blue items and are not moddable and have no moddable equivalent look. I do not think that a "moddable" token should change the binding status, or make gear adaptive, though.

It better make it adaptive - because most of reputation and CM gear is already adaptive - so there is no issue to have Consular in heavy looking one.

Best would be to open all item shells for RE with custom (or custom above purple for those that are not modable) adaptive result.

Removed gear also.

I support this idea, although I tend to doubt they'll implement it just because it has the potential to seriously undercut the $$$ they make on Collections Unlocks. I suppose if they price it right they can still turn it into a win.

There might be one significant unintended consequence, however: an uptick in people "Need" rolling on tier pieces/high end gear for their alts and screwing over groupmates in PUGs. It's not that widespread a problem now even though they could technically transfer the mods from such loot through existing legacy gear, but the temptation to "ninja" might be a lot higher if they can quickly and easily ship over the entire piece with the Shell's look intact.

If they do implement it, they could integrate the function into the existing Modification Table interface, so it shouldn't be too terribly hard to make work.

Not going to happen. They don't want people to be able to continually re-use Cartel Market armor without having to buy an additional set.

They can already do this through collections.

So just make gear that drops in FP and OPS unable to be Legacy bound.

Edited by Elfa

It better make it adaptive - because most of reputation and CM gear is already adaptive - so there is no issue to have Consular in heavy looking one.

Best would be to open all item shells for RE with custom (or custom above purple for those that are not modable) adaptive result.

Removed gear also.

That's the point. There is already PLENTY of adaptive gear out there. There is NO need to make everything adaptive.

That's the point. There is already PLENTY of adaptive gear out there. There is NO need to make everything adaptive.

The same reason exists to expand Legacy gear as there exists to have any more regular gear than one set: Choice. Maybe people want to have a more extensive choice of appearance for their legacy sets. There doesn't need to be any more of a reason than that.

The same reason exists to expand Legacy gear as there exists to have any more regular gear than one set: Choice. Maybe people want to have a more extensive choice of appearance for their legacy sets. There doesn't need to be any more of a reason than that.

Maybe some people want to have some armor sets specific to type. Maybe some people don't want sorcerers running around in "heavy" armor. There doesn't need to be any more of a reason than that to leave some armors non-adaptive.

Maybe some people want to have some armor sets specific to type. Maybe some people don't want sorcerers running around in "heavy" armor. There doesn't need to be any more of a reason than that to leave some armors non-adaptive.

You can't tell my Shadow Tank he can't pretend to run around in heavy armor!

If they do that, then why bother to have ANY different armor types?

Well, I've said that from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear. At first appearances were set to make it easy to distinguish classes on site, but with the advent of adaptive armor and the CM, that no longer seems to be a function of armor type so why bother keeping it at all anymore.

All armor should be adaptive, the time is come. If you want to be special, go live with your mom, you'll always be special to her. ;)

Well, I've said that from the beginning. I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear. A)

I'm pretty sure that in the world of SW, they're allowed to wear whatever they want to wear just as long as they are prepared to spend money on Cartel Coins.

Fixed.

This idea died long time ago ... looks and classes are not longer restricted.

I have heavy armor users in what seems to be cloth and Shadow in seems heavy (Section X rep armor).

I can even have Jedi in Imperial trooper armor (Makeb rep one) :D

My idea is to boost crafting professions that got hit by CM...