UI auto hide issue

depakjan

All my UI suddenly gets auto hidden and it never comes back unless i restart the game, it happens quite frequently , i cant play flashpoints or warzones due to this bug, i have tried ALT+Z , CTRL+U , nothing works, in desperation i completely re-installed the game, its still not fixed, what can i do now ?, support is of no use, i am facing this issue since a week now, please help

https://ibb.co/kM4gHw7

https://ibb.co/CzGkvx5

Edited by depakjan

All my UI suddenly gets auto hidden and it never comes back unless i restart the game, it happens quite frequently , i cant play flashpoints or warzones due to this bug, i have tried ALT+Z , CTRL+U , nothing works, in desperation i completely re-installed the game, its still not fixed, what can i do now ?, support is of no use, i am facing this issue since a week now, please help

Two things come to mind:

1. When you use Ctrl-U you have to hit it twice. The first one turns off the UI, even if it's already not visible. The second one resets the UI and takes a couple of seconds. So be sure to use ctrl-u twice and wait 2 or 3 seconds.

2. There's a possibility that your keyboard is glitching and accidentally doing an Alt-Z or Ctrl-U when you are just trying to hit a plain Z or U. Try a different keyboard and/or clean the crumbs out.

Also, make sure your graphics driver is up to date.

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks for the reply but, my problem is i have tried pressing ALT+Z or CTRL + U twice, the ui is NOT coming back at all.. i have quit the game and restart only that is fixing, in 1 hour gamplay, i have to do this for atleast 15 times .. its crazy.. Support is uselss.. my subscription is going waste Edited by depakjan

https://ibb.co/kM4gHw7

https://ibb.co/CzGkvx5

It's strange that it's happening so frequently (it happens to me in flashpoints, but only once a month max.

What kind of graphics card do you use? Intel HD Graphics or an actual GPU?

Thanks for the reply but, my problem is i have tried pressing ALT+Z or CTRL + U twice, the ui is NOT coming back at all.. i have quit the game and restart only that is fixing, in 1 hour gamplay, i have to do this for at least 15 times .. its crazy.. Support is uselss.. my subscription is going waste

if it is happening that often then Tech Support >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

Make a thread there and attach a dxdiag would be handy https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/td-p/4832663/jump-to/first-unread-message

Thanks for the reply but, my problem is i have tried pressing ALT+Z or CTRL + U twice, the ui is NOT coming back at all.. i have quit the game and restart only that is fixing, in 1 hour gamplay, i have to do this for atleast 15 times .. its crazy.. Support is uselss.. my subscription is going waste

Have you tried a different keyboard? (Just borrow any keyboard to try it out.)

You might even try plugging the keyboard into a different USB port.

Thanks Guys, i have posted in tech support with DXDiag, i have a 1660 ti laptop btw.

Also if its a keyboard issue, when it disappears , it should come back after i press ALT+Z or CTRL+U right.

One thing i remember is it started happening ever since i first tried the ALT+Z key to take a screenshot. huff.. never should have done that.

Thanks Guys, i have posted in tech support with DXDiag, i have a 1660 ti laptop btw.

Also if its a keyboard issue, when it disappears , it should come back after i press ALT+Z or CTRL+U right.

One thing i remember is it started happening ever since i first tried the ALT+Z key to take a screenshot. huff.. never should have done that.

Hmm, sad to hear it's a laptop, but you can plug an external keyboard into a USB port to try it.

If it's a keyboard issue, it could be because some key is permanently, or often, stuck "on", which could mean, for example, that when you try to press ALT-Z, you are actually pressing ctrl-alt-z, or alt-z+x, or alt-windows-z, or any other false combo.

It could also be that your keyboard controller has a thermal issue and it's missing or adding keystrokes. Unfortunately, this could cause problems with an external keyboard as well.

But I still suggest you try an external keyboard to see if the problem shows up.

alt+z only hides the ui, but does not disable it (so all hotkeys and toolbar keybinds still work)

you can also change the key binding for this one

ctrl+u disables, and re-enables the UI (and it takes several seconds to re-enable)

you cannot change this key binding

I've never personally had a problem where ctrl+u twice couldn't restore the ui so I can only guess at the source of the problem.... but here's a few things to try:

• disable any programs that are capturing video, or creating overlays on the SWTOR window
  • Use windowed Fullscreen mode if your normally use full screen (or vice versa)
  • enable "movable secondary windows" in the uieditor if you haven't already
  • never ever touch any keys during a load screen (I find I lose UI more often when doing this during FP loads)
  • Try tweaking some of the settings related to ingame overlays, like disable fly text, various nameplate features, cooldown highlighting, etc