ETA on ML in Normal Operations

So title says it all....

Yesterday we had our first 16-man, i was quite happy, since now we would finally be able to use ML according to what forums told me. But sadly no....

So our raid consisted of 10 ppl who did EV8 and 6 new ppl. So in order to gear it would have been great that not 8 PIECES of loot got WASTED because ppl already got it or had better while others NEEDED them badly.

I am gonna be rly honest with you here, your system is good for PUGS and very WRONG for guildruns. FIX THE ML ASAP, you should have choice to do it your BUGGY WAY or do it the NORMAL WAY. there is no fun in waisting loot, we would like to progress but that thign is a progress fail with for guilds that only raid 2 times a week.

I v already asked this before, and many more have before me, we woudl like an ETA when you gonna FIX this problem and if its working as intented, you failed badly, and you need to fix it!!!!

So could i/we finally get an answer when you gonna fix it ????

I'm going to disappoint you by saying it is working as intended and it's hard Mode and Nightmare where you can start to assign loot.

On the plus side you get 6 loot drops for 16 man instead of 2 for 8 man so doing those bigger groups will help you gearing up your freshly levelled players.

Something you could try is get the boss to like 5% then have the people who don't need gear hit exit area and the remaining member who do need loot finish him off. This should ensure that only they get loot possibly. Some people might cry "exploit" but I'll stick with clever use of game mechanics to supplement an incredible oversight on BW's part.

Go run hard modes if you are with guild group and please BW don't add master loot option to normal mode operations

Plz do explain to me why that would botter you ? Why on earth would it hurt YOU personally that i am trying to gear up MY raid efficiently for progress ?

And don t give me a BS answer, give me a full length of your pros and cons, cause as far as i am concerned there is NO CON in using Master Loot when going with guild!

And its prolly cause of ppl like you that we have this fail system!

But plz, try to convince me!

Go run hard modes if you are with guild group and please BW don't add master loot option to normal mode operations

If they do as the OP suggests and add the real ML with maybe a way to do a RNG (/roll), and still keep the option that is currently in the game, what is the big deal?

I agree with the OP, the way it is now would be great for PUGS, if it actually worked the way it's supposed, i.e. not giving all the loot to people who can't/won't use it cause they have better.

But for all guild runs, this is pretty much terrible.

If they do as the OP suggests and add the real ML with maybe a way to do a RNG (/roll), and still keep the option that is currently in the game, what is the big deal?

This is what I've been saying for a few weeks now. The current loot system has value in Pugs and other groups where you may not trust the master looter. It should not be mandatory for everyone though.

The raid leader should be able to select the loot system at the beginning of the run. That way, someone running in a pug could could make an informed choice as to whether he wants to stay with the group upon seeing the loot choice made by the leader but set groups running with those they trust would have the option to have a master loot system and decide who gets what piece.

So, you guys are having trouble with guildies taking loot they don't need/cant use? Seems simple enough get better guildies

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a vague idea of what is being discussed before posting on the topic.

Edited by Asperoth

So, you guys are having trouble with guildies taking loot they don't need/cant use? Seems simple enough get better guildies

Normal mode assigns loot automatically to players. There is no choice as to who gets it, therefore nobody can take something they can't need/use. Instead, the game gives them things they don't need :p

Yes, this is terrible for guilds trying to gear up new people. Last night in our guild chat for an ops group, they said that of 7 pieces that dropped, only one went to a person that could use it as the other folks that the items were assigned to had equivalent items.

When I first heard about this auto-assignment of loot before the game was released, I was under the *mistaken* impression that a loot piece dropped for *everybody* in the ops group, so that everybody would get something, and so I thought it would be a good thing. But that is not how it works, and the current system is flawed.

Adding a working master loot option to nomal ops does not hurt PUG raids, because if somebody did not like this option, just don't join that op and join one that will use auto-assignment loot instead of master looter.

Or as suggested elsewhere, let items be tradeable for two hours - that is a viable solution as well.

These fixes are really no-brainers and should be implemented.

After 3 runs in a 8 mans operation.

Everytime a piece of loot went to someone who needed it.

Out of the about 13 kills only once someone got a piece they dident need.

We have been gearing up our people rapidly and i really dont see what the OP is on about.

Might not be the best system ever but it seems its working fine.

got 6 drops, and in all 6 slots it was an improvement.

After 3 runs in a 8 mans operation.

Everytime a piece of loot went to someone who needed it.

Out of the about 13 kills only once someone got a piece they dident need.

We have been gearing up our people rapidly and i really dont see what the OP is on about.

Might not be the best system ever but it seems its working fine.

got 6 drops, and in all 6 slots it was an improvement.

Well mate, i am really happy for you, but if you would think a little bit longer, and thats not as an offence, then you would realise that the loot is given out RANDOMLY. So some raids, like yours, will be very lucky, some raids like mine, will not.

So how do we improve to your luck level ? Can you help me with that plz ?

Do i need to eat more vegetables ?

Can i have your lucky panda ?

Seriously, randomness is never good... cause if you say that randomsness is good, well, then mayby they shouldn t remove the bugs in fight either ? Some bosses just oneshotting ppl for no reason, you won t see the problem there either i guess ?

So for example after killing a boss in normal operation there were 2 relics. One is with healing procs, one with DPS procs. Our healer got the DPS one (she is Agent) and I got the healing one (I`m DPS mercenary). This is really great improvement for both of us = ) Edited by Enshy

Well mate, i am really happy for you, but if you would think a little bit longer, and thats not as an offence, then you would realise that the loot is given out RANDOMLY. So some raids, like yours, will be very lucky, some raids like mine, will not.

So how do we improve to your luck level ? Can you help me with that plz ?

Do i need to eat more vegetables ?

Can i have your lucky panda ?

Seriously, randomness is never good... cause if you say that randomsness is good, well, then mayby they shouldn t remove the bugs in fight either ? Some bosses just oneshotting ppl for no reason, you won t see the problem there either i guess ?

You seem to forget that this is only on normal.

Why would you run normal? to gear up those who needed.

And what ive seen so far, thats exactly what it does.

We had 3 somewhat lesser geared players in our raid.

All of them got 3 pieces of loot on the first 3 bosses.

Might be random but its not an obstacle to gear ppl up.

If your getting s*it loot, maybe its time to move on to hard mode?

Not trying to be a ********, i dont know if its better on hard mode because we havent done that yet (will do tonight) but on normal ive not seen the problem.

We had 3 somewhat lesser geared players in our raid.

All of them got 3 pieces of loot on the first 3 bosses.

Might be random but its not an obstacle to gear ppl up.

If your getting s*it loot, maybe its time to move on to hard mode?

Not trying to be a ********, i dont know if its better on hard mode because we havent done that yet (will do tonight) but on normal ive not seen the problem.

Your not getting the point, when we got alot of fresh lvl 50 and we got a pve core team whos already decently geared, they only need 1/2 pieces of columni. But they got more pieces in run then those who rly needed. Pieces are beeing wasted, can you rly promote a system that promotes waisting loot when ppl need it ?

Is this rly what Bioware wants to advertise ? Are you rly such a fanboy ? That you blindly find everything good they do without thinking about the global picture here ?

So since luck has been on your group's side, it's a perfectly OK mechanism.

For those of us seeing useful pieces go to people who already have equal or better items... The system is flawed.

There is no harm to anyone by introducing an OPTIONAL Master Looter option to normal Ops.