Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Given the lack of population during prime time I'd also like to express my concerns with our dying server; Master D. I received SWTOR shortly after the US release and played on an EU server until the APAC ones came out, after which I was one of the first players to create a character on. I remember shortly after our servers were created there were constant wz pops and finding a group for a heroic quest was relatively easy.

Being able to transfer my characters on the EU server to the new APAC servers was a fantastic move by Bioware and I do thank them for that. Unfortunately as the game has gotten older our servers are facing a similar problem as the US and EU ones did and our population is slowly dwindling. Sometimes it becomes difficult to play the game because of the lack of activity on our server.

I'm assuming Bioware are waiting until F2P to resolve these issues however I believe that a server merge would be the ideal solution.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this reply from a csr on this issue:

we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Now if that was true, action would already have been taken!

And yet this comment by another csr is either very poorly worded (imo) or EAware is withholding info from us.

Unfortunately, the information that you are requesting has not yet been made available to players through the official website, so I am unable to comment further on your question.

Wait: its only been 3 weeks since Joveth Gonzalez stated "few days" of evaluation started! :confused:

They're holding out for FTP, it's getting more and more obvious everyday.

(Either that, or they're waiting until the right moment to announce they're cancelling the APAC servers and transferring us back into US servers, paid transfer though, every penny counts.)

Edited by Setsugetsuka

I also believe they are waiting for FTP because no one really knows the effect it will have on our populations. If they merged them now then had a massive influx with FTP (however unlikely this may be), it may create a long queue and an unstable server which will result in the new players getting irritated and leaving (even though the current players would much prefer this sort of situation).

So they are saving themselves the hassle and risk of this happening by waiting for FTP even if it's at the expense of pissing off current players. If FTP flops then they will start to seriously consider a merger. Even if it's a success, this problem will inevitably occur again in the future so eventually i think there will be a merger. Just don't expect anything for at least a month after FTP begins.

Either way i find it ridiculous that we are forced to guess what their intentions are rather than them just coming out and announcing it. All it does is fuel our confusion subsequent rage.

Edited by laz_AU

F2P will not fix the population problem for lvl 50 players..

It will take people months to level and most of the 50 stuff will not be free anyway.

True but i imagine right now BW is more concerned with just getting players into the game rather than creating a better environment for level 50's. They also probably think that FTP players will get to 50 then decide to sub because their game is just so awesome and addictive

F2P will not fix the population problem for lvl 50 players..

It will take people months to level and most of the 50 stuff will not be free anyway.

Actually, F2P may very well bring back some players that unsubbed earlier this year (with some Lvl 50s).

Back to the matter at hand, I am starting to think that BW is waiting on the Cartel Market to make us pay the transfers if we want to move out of APAC. this, of course, After F2P comes live.

THAT would really be a bad move and wouldn't be respectful towards the current player database. On my side, this could be an instant /quit.

10pm Saturday night, 45 people on MDN Fleet.

Are you even going to acknowledge that there is a problem Bioware?

Logged into Dalborra last night (Sunday) at bout 10pm, and were 50-60 on fleet (had maybe 70-80 bout same time Saturday night), waited for HM FP for 30 mins then logged, only 1 person out of 50+ online in friends list, 0 guildies online (usually upto 10 on a Sunday night)

Actually stated to wife for 1st time last night am thinking of really not re-subbing next month as is getting harder to do anything ingame unless its organised a few days to a week in advance.

Actually started looking through my old games (10-15yrs old) looking for something worthwhile installing then gave up and went to bed :(

Edited by Esno

Pop issues on Master Dar'nala are just getting worse and worse.

People are not getting pvp/pve pops and so are logging off or rolling alts.

Both of which make the situation at 50 even worse.

50 people on fleet prime time if your lucky, normally 30 odd.

1-2 pvp instances running at 50 if your lucky..

Lowbie pvp again if your lucky 5-10 min que times minimum, same people in each one.

Rateds? your kidding right, only by prior arrangement, if everyone shows up..

Bioware are obviously waiting till F2P arrives, as I have stated previously, but its becoming more and more apparent that the server will be effectively dead before that happens..

Waiting for a nifty solution..

Of course the problem with merging servers is that those with more than 12 toons on the the APAC servers combined wouldn't be able to have all of them moved to the same server but there are easy ways to overcome that problem, even if it means selecting which characters you be least unhappy about deleting. (Transfers would mean we wouldn't have to do this.)

What would be better than the current situation though, is that if BW isn't going to do anything about this until F2P is implemented, then couldn't they just say that are going to wait until then to do anything? It'll be better in the long unless they are going to try resolve this issue before then...

Edited by Master_Reuben

Of course the problem with merging servers is that those with more than 12 toons on the the APAC servers combined will inevitably lose some but there are easy way to overcome that problem.

That really isn't a problem. People already have this on the NA and EU servers. They just have 16/12, or whatever number/12, and are unable to create new characters.

That really isn't a problem. People already have this on the NA and EU servers. They just have 16/12, or whatever number/12, and are unable to create new characters.

Jeez guys....I dont care about that crap.....I just want to play on a populated server...I will call my toon any name to get it!!!!

Happy to delete my lowbie toons to make room...

Dear Bioware, it's not only the playability of WZs and other queue finders affected by low population..it's the economy.

The GTN is awful, the population is so low that either things aren't there or are excruiatingly high...it is not this way on the populated servers..

..if only you'd reply... properly...should we all re-roll elsewhere? ...like another server...or another freeking game?

let us know...TA!

Master Dar'Nala is dead!!! A video reply has been made to mine which is more than sufficient proof Bioware!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544226

What else do we have to do Bioware to get the message through to you?

Prediction Bioware will continue to IGNORE us and write us off until F2P launches. Then they will charge us something absurd like $25 to transfer each of our characters off the server.

Shame on you Bioware.

I have sent a number of tickets outlining my concerns with the APAC Servers with very little response. I'm pretty much done with this game, only a few weeks left on my subscription. I don't want to reroll to another server as many of my guildies have. I want to pvp on my 50's and clearly with new people. It's disgusting there is no solution being offered or even a recent reply to this thread. Edited by Locknesslady

So, we going to get an update Bioware?

Even if its just a "we are still looking into it". Would be nice to know you still care. A planned outline for the next few months would be great. An outline doesn't have to be exact, just give us a reason to stick it out a little while longer.