Ossus Weekly Mission. (GSF)

Lol. GSF is the Huttball of data crystals.

Actually, I like it, even though my newer toons don't have hardly any upgrades. However, I agree with you, mainly because even with this weekly, the queues still barely pop. I don't have time to waste 30 minutes avoiding joining a group for something else just because I'm stuck in a GSF queue.

Dear Development crew:

Please make the game exactly the way I want it. Screw everyone else. :D

oh and make ops count for PvP gear, PVP count for GSF req and GSF count for ops gear.

Give Gree rep for Ossus, Ossus content for Rishi, make datacrons mandatory to farm for mats. &c &c &c.

Seriously though, you can grind MDCs and their gear in a number of ways. -PVP PVE, Craft it, Even grind credits to buy it. - ofc it'll all be obsolete come the fall.

It is what it is. Sometimes you get something easy, sometimes its something you want to do, but sometimes not. - "Suck it up princess!" - and just wait until next week.

I mean hes not wrong. it does suck. and its so different (literaly a different game) that its odd that its a requirment at all for anything.

I may not play anymore, and I was one of the biggest advocate of ossus gearing, I personaly boycotted it. refused to queue for it and ate my annoyance for 2 weeks. the system of ossus is designed to give you crystals for whatever content you enjoy, if you want the rest, suck it up, no one is forcing you to get 5 crystals a week.

Edited by Seterade

Ive not been able to get the GSF version done once since it started because it will not pop for me out side of primetime.

I also can’t do the OPS one either because I don’t play OPS. But even if I did, there are never enough people around. I struggle to get the ranked one done, but at least it’s still doable (sometimes)

Not that this is a total representation of number of people in the game, but the last few days there have been less than 50 on both Imp and Rep fleets in the evening (Sydney Time).

The only one that is doable everytime is the 8 medal pvp one.

Please just change the mission so that all of the options are in the one weekly.

So it says : “do GSF weekly, ranked pvp or operations or 8 medals in a pvp match”

Then let people choose what content they want to do.

Not letting us choose is actually affecting people who don’t have enough people around to play with

Lol. GSF is the Huttball of data crystals.

Actually, I like it, even though my newer toons don't have hardly any upgrades. However, I agree with you, mainly because even with this weekly, the queues still barely pop. I don't have time to waste 30 minutes avoiding joining a group for something else just because I'm stuck in a GSF queue.

Huttball is awesome and i don't care about the haters.

GSF is fine for those that like it, but it plays so differently from the rest of the game that i just haven't felt confortable to even try it. The whole progression system it has tells me i'm gonna be an easy kill to those that have played it for years.

I would rather the mission was alternatively to complete 3 of the classic on-rails PvE missions. Those are simple and easy to get into. I do understand you want to populate GSF, but even with this mission, many of us are unwilling to join. Might aswell just give an alternative. Otherwise it's just a dead week tbh.

I wouldn't mind this mission if it wouldn't include a need to win GSF games. I could play 30 games and still not finish the mission.

That's why I don't even touch this mission with a 10 meter pole.

The reason it's a WIN condition is that it discourages people joining and continually suiciding to end the match quickly . - Even 1 or 2 of those kind of players can ruin the enjoyment of the other 15 or 23. - Which isn't a good situation to be in - especially if those players decide that ruined matches is a reason to leave the game forever.

It's all academic since those rewards will be obsolete in the autumn, - but in future an option to earn rewards by differing content should be considered. - or have it change every day (or few days) rather than weekly.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Please just change the mission so that all of the options are in the one weekly.

So it says : “do GSF weekly, ranked pvp or operations or 8 medals in a pvp match”

Not letting us choose is actually affecting people who don’t have enough people around to play with

I like this idea, yes please.

I wouldn't mind this mission if it wouldn't include a need to win GSF games. I could play 30 games and still not finish the mission.

That's why I don't even touch this mission with a 10 meter pole.

You're pretty damn unlucky to go 30 games without at least 3 wins. It tends to be pretty 50/50 as far as team balance goes, short of the occasional super-ace or premade.

:thinking: are gsf members just happy to have their queue pop? or are they mad that for 2 weeks they have 4 people doing donuts in the west corner?

I'm mad that I have yet to find a dedicated GSF guild on Satele Shan. Crimson Order is a good guild and I like its members, but very few of them touch GSF at all.

Edited by Loadsamonie

:thinking: are gsf members just happy to have their queue pop? or are they mad that for 2 weeks they have 4 people doing donuts in the west corner?

On Satele Shan the pops are pretty steady every 15 minutes most nights from 8:30 pm Eastern to 12:30 am eastern, sometimes 1:30 am. If its prime time I don't usually have a problem.

Actually, letting it be a choice would just flood the ground unranked WZ queue with people consolidating around defender nodes and leaving as soon as they got their 8.

As I said before we even knew the scant details of 6.0, when the system first came out, players need to start thinking about the rotating Timed Weekly as an extra, not an entitlement. IF you want to participate in content outside your comfort zone, or you have an activity you really enjoy, here is a bonus MasDC.

And now that we know the scant details of 6.0, its even less relevant. I expect the gear to be obsolete with 6.0, and the whole MasDC/MonDC pathway to go away. Relics of Ossus/the World Bosses/the Queen/the dailies will not go away, because of the decos, and if the gear stays like it did for Ziost and The Eternal Championship, then I expect it to be purchased with Relics of Ossus.

Don't like GSF? Don't do that rotating timed weekly. It's not gonna matter in 4 months anyway, and we don't need a thread every other day about how unfair people think this is.

They're happy as pie. They just form a 4-man premade and farm all the noobs who have 0 upgrades, lol. That's one of the reasons people hate GSF (like I said, I don't mind it, but it's a waste of time these days).

You're pretty damn unlucky to go 30 games without at least 3 wins. It tends to be pretty 50/50 as far as team balance goes, short of the occasional super-ace or premade.

If you aren't a very strong player, you're looking at maybe a 40% chance of winning any given match, which makes it pretty likely to string several losses in a row and not that unlikely to finish a weekly without winning anything.

Actually, letting it be a choice would just flood the ground unranked WZ queue with people consolidating around defender nodes and leaving as soon as they got their 8.

That's a good point. I see it every time that's the weekly event for that. I can't believe people would just Dk there own team over like that all because they can't wait an extra 1 and half/2 minutes.

Last I checked, you can’t get 8 medals by just sitting at the node and not doing anything and losing.

You need to make some sort of effort because guarding alone won’t give you 8 medals

Last I checked, you can’t get 8 medals by just sitting at the node and not doing anything and losing.

You need to make some sort of effort because guarding alone won’t give you 8 medals

You don't always get 8 medals by playing the objectives either if you're on the losing team (and solo que gets losing teams more often than not). I suspect that's part of the reason you get so many deathmatchers now.

I get my best numbers and most medals by ignoring objectives and playing stupid. Hitting into engraged defense? Letting the enemy healer stand there and freecast? All the better because they heal to full and you can keep hitting them instead of losing precious uptime finding another target.

On topic: the warzone weekly lets you lose and still get the crystal, the gsf weekly should be the same. There was no reason to make one pvp 'wins only' and the other not.

You don't always get 8 medals by playing the objectives either if you're on the losing team (and solo que gets losing teams more often than not). I suspect that's part of the reason you get so many deathmatchers now.

I get my best numbers and most medals by ignoring objectives and playing stupid. Hitting into engraged defense? Letting the enemy healer stand there and freecast? All the better because they heal to full and you can keep hitting them instead of losing precious uptime finding another target.

On topic: the warzone weekly lets you lose and still get the crystal, the gsf weekly should be the same. There was no reason to make one pvp 'wins only' and the other not.

Also no reason to make it 4 MM flashpoints compared to 8 medals either but this is the timeline we're stuck in. The timed weeklies were a good idea with bad execution and BioWare's lack of reaction to the number of complaints and pleas about changing it speaks more than enough. Could even incentivize people to do well by pairing these with conquest goals. I mean, none of this is rocket science.

I have zero trouble getting 8 medals on a losing team by only playing the objective.

Ask Grim how many medals or objective points I get during HB or other matches ;)

Ive not been able to get the GSF version done once since it started because it will not pop for me out side of primetime.

I also can’t do the OPS one either because I don’t play OPS. But even if I did, there are never enough people around. I struggle to get the ranked one done, but at least it’s still doable (sometimes)

Not that this is a total representation of number of people in the game, but the last few days there have been less than 50 on both Imp and Rep fleets in the evening (Sydney Time).

The only one that is doable everytime is the 8 medal pvp one.

if they can choose everyone will choose 8 medals weekly ,since its faster and easy to get and the purpose our dev to make people play other mode on game play will be for nothing

i suggest make it for balance for example if you want to intoduce GSF maybe 1-2 GSF or 1 or 2 MM flashpoint

Edited by KumbayaGOD

if they can choose everyone will choose 8 medals weekly ,since its faster and easy to get and the purpose our dev to make people play other mode on game play will be for nothing

i suggest make it for balance for example if you want to intoduce GSF maybe 1-2 GSF or 1 or 2 MM flashpoint

I agree the 8 medal mission is too easy and fast compared to the other ones. There would need to be some adjustment to make it more fair.

Ie, make it 10 medals and you also have to win the match :D

It’s more difficult to get 10 medals from giving up and sitting at the node and you would need to win as well. So those who are losing would be less inclined to give up and go farm medals instead.

Or

It could be get 8 medals in 3 matches, but you must win for them to count.

As a pvper, I don’t agree with people getting “participation rewards” for losing. Winning is what matters, everything else is secondary and should be treated as such. Which is why I think the 8 medals need to be tied to winning the game and not just farming,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree the 8 medal mission is too easy and fast compared to the other ones. There would need to be some adjustment to make it more fair.

Ie, make it 10 medals and you also have to win the match :D

It’s more difficult to get 10 medals from giving up and sitting at the node and you would need to win as well. So those who are losing would be less inclined to give up and go farm medals instead.

Or

It could be get 8 medals in 3 matches, but you must win for them to count.

As a pvper, I don’t agree with people getting “participation rewards” for losing. Winning is what matters, everything else is secondary and should be treated as such. Which is why I think the 8 medals need to be tied to winning the game and not just farming,

You really want win requirements with all the rampant premades around? I surely don't unless they make it a solo only queue. I have had experiences of trying to get weekly PvP conquest in WoW where you only get points if you win and you get pitched against trains of premades. Let me tell, you... it's a waste of time. It made me quit WoW PvP.

This won't change now, but i'd rather make the other missions easier. Can increase this one to 8 medals x3 or even 10 medals for all i care. But, no win requirement.

Edited by Nemmar