GTN Undercutting

Aragorrius

Hey there people,

Most of you know me either because I post idiotic **** on these forums, cause I'm the GuildMaster of Floor Inspectors or because I have a thread about crafting endgame stuff for free.

Now there's something that's bugging me a lot.

GTN Undercutting.

Every since the GTN allows people to remove their offers almost without cost I've seen an increase in people continuously undercutting others.. this has led to a MAJOR drop in prices for some stuff, but it also leads to a highly fluctuating market, where items cost hundreds of thousands of credits more or less in matter of hours.

Now I've been so annoyed with it lately that for everytime someone undercut me for 1000k I'd undercut again for 50.000k afterwards.

this may not be the right approach, but I want to beg (even though I know it's USELESS) people.. PLEASE sell your stuff at a Market Conform price and stop undercutting each other... instead of selling more, we are just ruining our own market.

I know this is in vain.. and I'm stupid to try.. but I cannot help myself.

see what comes of it.

The under cutting is what the GTN needs ATM... Some of the prices on items is stupidly over priced.. If people sold their items at a more realistic price the whole economy of the game might just balance out some.. Just my opinion...

I guess...

However.. I have not found anything on GTN that is not around COST price.. which means.. there is no profit..

and a good economy is driven by profit.

When the Deposit for putting stuff up was higher there was less fluctuation..

but yeah I guess this is just how things are..

I guess...

However.. I have not found anything on GTN that is not around COST price.. which means.. there is no profit..

and a good economy is driven by profit.

When the Deposit for putting stuff up was higher there was less fluctuation..

but yeah I guess this is just how things are..

Some might argue a good economy is driven by equilibrium. This means no profit.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA ITEM SELLS YOU tbh.

The person who put up ****loads of Advanced Might Augment 22s for 35k a pop needs to read this thread and learn.

Just looked and seen, I dont know might augs, but I know power augments are usually around 50-60K each so i'm assuming the same?

The problem isnt the guy who suddenly undercuts everyone by 25-30%, the problem is the people who lower their prices to compete with them. Instead of 1person selling at stupid prices, you end up with 6/7 at the same price where nobody is making any profit.

A much better solution is when 1guy undercuts everyone by such a big margin, somebody simply buys them all up and puts them back for sale in line with current market prices, both propping the market back up and making a quick profit with no time invested.

Edited by Aragost

And encourage that particular person to put up another batch of 20 for the same price? I'd rather that person learned that just the augmentors cost more than that.

Id have thought a stable market was more profitable than his learning experience

I think it is ironic that u are crafting for free witch is undercutting every other crafter. Then u cry about being undercut on the the gtn ......... You made your bed now lie in it ..........

I don't under cut . i don't need to. I sell **** with out having 2 , however i have no sympathy for u. Your tactic has back fired on u ........

I think it is ironic that u are crafting for free witch is undercutting every other crafter. Then u cry about being undercut on the the gtn ......... You made your bed now lie in it ..........

I don't under cut . i don't need to. I sell **** with out having 2 , however i have no sympathy for u. Your tactic has back fired on u ........

Your logic is flawed.

First of all.. CRAFTING =/= SELLING.

So by Crafting for Free I'm not actually undercutting everyone.

These 2 things are unrelated. You can sell your item and services whenever you want. I choose to offer them for Free.. so I can craft more and crit items. It's not undercutting, it's a business plan.

It's perfectly sane.

I also .. for over 10 months NEVER undercut anyone. I always took the lowest cost of an item already on their and just put mine up for the SAME price. Because I try to NOT lower prices all the time.

I am not raging or crying... so nothing backfired... I'm just trying to have a healty discussion about this.

So your spiteful reaction seems to be rather useless.

Thanks anyway.

As for buying Cheap stuff off all at once.. this always backfired on me.

p.s.: other reason I offer free crafting is because some people felt the need to charge 500k for crafting an item worth 300k. This leveled the playing field.

Edited by Aragorrius

And encourage that particular person to put up another batch of 20 for the same price? I'd rather that person learned that just the augmentors cost more than that.

Are you talking about Advanced Fortitude augments 22? If so, I attempted to just that. I now very limited liquid assests and a ton of augments I can't sell for a profit -.-

lol agreed QQ I dont make enough money QQ I make everything for free then to undercut everyone!!! Pretty obv if you undercut people in crafting fee's the overall worth of an armoring is going to go down.