New seeker droid setup!

morfius

I initially dug for the dreadseed armor. Then i realized I was making a lot of creds on the speeder parts. Im not a crafter, and digging has been my way of getting away from the dailies, and grinding for credits. I am the only one in my guild that digs, so i have been supplying speeder parts to them all.

I have found close to 100 special treasures. And only one pleasure speeder part. So if this patch increases my chances of finding pleasure speeder parts, then im okay with it. I will also keep other speeder parts in my bank in hopes thst they become discontinued sometime, increasing value.

So hopefully seeker droid updates become more often. Maybe with new loot that u can only find digging.

Show bioware that we care about this part of the game and maybe just maybe they will listen to our concerns with it. And stop being whiners. No game is perfect.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had both the Explorer and Exploiter speeders and was only missing one Pleasure speeder part before the patch yesterday. Within 30 minutes of logging in I found the part I needed. I am happy that I found it but that seems a little too "easy mode" now for finding rare speeder parts. But since I have all 3 speeders now I am done anyway. I feel for those that are not enjoying the changes. Good luck.

Not sure who OK'd this new loot system for the Seeker Droid but they need a swift kick. It seems like anything that doesn't provide instant gratification is being adjusted to the point that there is no real challenge any more :( Some people didn't mind digging for hours on end. Needy baby, greedy baby generation.

I depleted hundreds of zones, completed multiple sets of armor and had more Advanced 28 Enhancements than should ever be found but had less than a dozen Speeder parts of any kind total, duplicates included. That kind of random rarity was ridiculous.

Just searching today I've already found essentially half-dozen to 8 Speeder Parts already, with a way larger frequency than ever before. As someone who completed their Dreadseed set long ago (...)

Could people like you be the reason for this nerf? Players completely abusing a system like the seeker droid by spending 100 hours per day with it? Just thinking how much time you spent on this gives me the creeps (I don't mean to judge you, just adding how I personally feel about it).

I just wished BW would stop punishing the casual players for some elite players who have it all - and way too much of everything. I have one guy in my friendlist who had 3 x this Czerka cratomatic thing and he had put the spares up for 30 to 50 millions on the GTN. I didn't follow if he sold them, but this is just insane.

Then of course, the bots are also a problem, I suppose. Just like in the space missions. But why do I have to suffer for it? They took out all incentives to do space mission heroics and now they nerfed the seeker droid when I finally came to the point of starting using it - and actually kinda liked it. There must be better ways to fix such problems than just nerfing it to the ground. :mad:

Another answer could be that since the seeker droid is some sort of gambling and they realised we enjoy that, they minimise the winning chance in this game, hoping that we instead buy tons of Cartel Packs with higher winning chances. Let me quickly buy 7000 CC and get a hypercrate of the Archon. :D

I have tried some more time.

It is stupid.

I am getting EEE (grade 10 mats) as something not interesting, and locking site with grade 9 mats.

I get a trail, use Enhancer 2 & trail simply disappear.

Most of the trails return gray 5-10 creds. items.

Maybe our luck but we (group of 3 players) have dug 3 Explorer & 3 Exploiter speeders before this change, now got less parts.

Could people like you be the reason for this nerf? Players completely abusing a system like the seeker droid by spending 100 hours per day with it? Just thinking how much time you spent on this gives me the creeps (I don't mean to judge you, just adding how I personally feel about it).

I just wished BW would stop punishing the casual players for some elite players who have it all - and way too much of everything. I have one guy in my friendlist who had 3 x this Czerka cratomatic thing and he had put the spares up for 30 to 50 millions on the GTN. I didn't follow if he sold them, but this is just insane.

Then of course, the bots are also a problem, I suppose. Just like in the space missions. But why do I have to suffer for it? They took out all incentives to do space mission heroics and now they nerfed the seeker droid when I finally came to the point of starting using it - and actually kinda liked it. There must be better ways to fix such problems than just nerfing it to the ground. :mad:

Another answer could be that since the seeker droid is some sort of gambling and they realised we enjoy that, they minimise the winning chance in this game, hoping that we instead buy tons of Cartel Packs with higher winning chances. Let me quickly buy 7000 CC and get a hypercrate of the Archon. :D

This is ignorance in posting at its finest.

In a couple of hours you could get all kind of finds randomly. This was bad. You could also get gear and enhancements, which was also bad. But if you were searching specifically for the speeder and DS/SF armor sets you could easily fill up your inventory in under one hour without seeing either.

Calling someone an abuser of the system for doing EXACTLY what the system was set up for...ie mindless grinding...not to mention the fact that calling someone who is willing to work for something elitist gives us all a good idea of what your view of casual really is...entitlement.

You didn't get punished, the people working for what they wanted got punished. You got rewarded because now you can go out and quickly get the speeder and armor pieces without having to put much effort in to it. The only thing you won't get is random finds that rewarded around 100k credits an hour...which is still much less than anyone can make running an hours worth of dailies.

The one overall complaint that seems to be shared by everyone is getting gray returns as a successful dig and the random loss of a site after spending 5 minutes zeroing in on it. These are valid complaints considering that these "interesting" sites are the only things that return items now.

Edited by Grayseven

I will post my experience from digging last night. Hopefully someone reads this entire thread...

I spent two hours using my Seeker Droid last night. I'm down to two remaining pieces for my Star Forager set [Legs, Boots] and would like to finish. I was hoping yesterday's changes would make the process more enjoyable as it's been rather frustrating being able to dig up both sets of armor. With a string of 8 Belts on Makeb to my name before that change, and 7 Dreadseed pieces vs 1 Star Forager piece since I was hoping at the least to find more armor after the patch. That was not the case...

2 Hours digging. Mk II boost running the whole time (12 total), and Major Deployment Boost active. ~90% of my "interesting" hits were the following.

1) Gray vendor trash worth almost nothing. Rather annoying that you replaced the junk green 'interesting' finds with this trash. More annoying that it still triggers an 'interesting' item and I waste my time digging it up. This is absolutely not interesting and needs to be changed ASAP.

2) Rep items, 12 green and 2 blue. I suppose when I max my rep this will help recplace the credits lost in general thanks to the recent changes. Still, they should not be 'interesting'. These used to be a random dig up item, not something you found as a "good" result. Again, change it back.

3) Seeker deployment boosts. These used to be a rare find, and I liked that. I'd found 2 majors previously, and I liked running them to marginally speed up the process. Last night though I found 5 minor and 2 major boosts as my 'interesting' loot. Again, not interesting and yet appearing at far greater frequency than before. Why are these clogging up the 'interesting' loot table?

GAH!!! Sellable loot is almost non-existent compared to before. I used to get infrequent no loot digs, generally when I was between 'interesting' node hunts. Once I had a whiff of something interesting though most digs would produce a green result. Mostly trash, but it was something and they added up over an hour. Now I get mostly red results, even when digging near an interesting node, so a lot less cash generated while digfing. All sorts of things that are not interesting are wasting my time, and my MkII booster's limited 10 minute duration, as well.

Loot worth finding during my two hour session? 5 speeder parts, none of which were for the Pleasure Speeder. 1 piece of armor....Dreadseed Pants. That's it. If things stay this way there's no way I'm going to waste my time trying to finish the Star Forager set. Far too many "interesting" spots hunted down and dug up give you absolute garbage, and you get less armor pops than before (more garbage, more speeder parts). You also still have a chance at getting a set you don't want, and that you can't trade with anyone as a work around, or duplicate armor pieces.

This system could be fun...but it keeps getting worse and worse over time.

Edited by BobaFaceroll

Bioware, you took an interesting past time and completely jumped the shark with this utterly terrible, unnecessary and mean spirited nerf.

Nice job /S

Edited by Elfa

Well I'm sad to say I was about to get onboard and start doing a LOT more Digging after the last patch.

My initial success was just as bad if not worse that my original attempt at doing this grind.

Bioware - Based on feedback I think you guys screwed the pooch on this one. Might want to reconsider you rewards table. I'm going to stop wasting time now on this (Again). Guess I don't need to learn that GSI schematic now.

Sucked all the fun out of it. The little green woops when looking, hoping it would be something good, but - ok another piece of armor to RE for mats. Oh, another piece of trash - but I can sell it. I don't know how people got 100k an hour, I got more like 20 to 30 k if I stuck with it for an hour.

And now, the lost signals do make the schematic for the Mark II useless. because you zone in only to find the trail is lost.

I didn't think anything was broken except the "something interesting" was usually close to worthless. Now I did up a treasure chest and find in it 6 gems the game doesn't use anymore and 6 pieces of hypercloth worth maybe 200credits.

Yeah, unless they fix it something like before, I'm done with the seeker droid. Too bad, cause I really loved doing it as a change of pace.

Dug for little over an hour. Found my Pleasure Expulsorlift, 2 purple secure crates, and 3 other speeder parts. I absolutely killed it. If you dig at peek times at night when everyones on, your luck isnt going to be very good. I was on in the morning and destroyed the dig sites. Was a blast!

I reserved judgement to complete 3 full days of digging to get an accurate sense of the changes and I'm quite disappointed. I've come to the conclusion that, when factoring in costs for the Mk-II blue enhancers, digging is now a actually a credit sink. The only reason to do it now is to obtain the gear sets and/or speeder parts.

I got my last needed part today. No more digging for me. :(

Perhaps they did this to clear out the dig sites for new players? Just speculation, but it is the only reason I can come up with that makes any sense at all. :confused:

They should get rid of the secure crates. In 40 minutes today (that's an enhancer cost in the 35K range) I got two secure crates, with totally useless mats, and three trash items. So I basically spent 40 minutes totally in vain. Pre patch I would have atleast been able to dig up stuff to cover my enhancer cost.

Also, it's utterly frustrating and boring to only get a hit every 6 minutes or so. You, BW, could atleast increase the radius on the good drops. As of now it feels like we have to pin point it down to the millimeter.

Edited by MidichIorian

I just really REALLY hope some BioWarian comes around and tell us exactly why they decided to ruin the seeker droid? What was the reasoning behind it? Cause I seriously don't get it.

If it was to make people get their speeders, the other suggestion in this thread (making the parts able to be put on the GTN) would be way better. This way impatient people who don't like seeker droid wouldn't have to do it, and people who did like it could make a bit of cash hunting for those people.

Instead, now we got the worst of both worlds.

Everyone just getting the parts and moving on since seeker droid hunting is absolutely no fun anymore. For a past-time so advertised with RoHC and obviously spend a LOT of time at, why, WHY, did you decided to flush all that down the toilet.

Or is it just down to plain incompetance and is it broken as result of bad patching, and never intended to work as now? If so, do please say so and a "will be fixed in 2.3". It wont take long!

Edited by Hassat-Hunter
Removed some strong language ;)

Well, thanks for removing my post Bioware! But hey if you removed it, you had to have read it too, right? So, now, at least I know for sure that you know for sure how pissed I was at this new Seeker droid system.

Anyways here are the results of today's digging. 6 hours total, 3 in the morning, 3 in the evening. Yeah...crazy...I know...so much time wasted.

Alderaan: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails found: 13; Treasure Excavated: 11; Junk: 8; Armor: 1 (Star Forager Jacket); Speeder Parts: 2 (Explorer Chassis x2)

Makeb: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails Found 15; Treasure Excavated: 15; Junk 10; Armor: 4 (Star Forager Belt x3; Dreadseed Greaves); Speeder Parts: 1 (Explorer Chassis)

Tatooine: Time Spent: 2 hours; Trails Found 9; Treasure Excavated: 9; Junk: 9; Armor: 0; Speeder Parts: 0

So in the course of 6 hours I managed to excavate 35 items, 27 out of which were utterly useless grey crap. In addition, I managed to unearth 3 Explorer Chasses; 3 Star Forager Belts; 1 Star Forager Jacket and 1 Dreadseed Greaves. I hope these statistics help you understand how utterly worthless it is at the moment to try to dig up anything.

Did it for a while today and got 3, yes three explorer chassis lol IF anyone is on the Ebon Hawk server I can trade them for the Explorer steering thingie or sell them :p

Yes, the Explorer Chassis seems to be the most abundant speeder part of all. I have like 20 of those sitting in my Guild Bank, whereas I've only found 1 part for the Pleasure speeder so far.

Hey BW, if your gonna make these changes, can you at least give a reason, we may be more understanding than you think.

Also, some of us enjoy treasure hunting, so why not add new items, New Unique Legacy Bound Armor sets, New rare Speeders, maybe a HK_51 customisation that looks like the droid advertised in the GSI vendor area on Nar. Theres lots you could do!

You may have had your reasons for the change, but if you would have added new things, maybe those of us who enjoy treasure hunting would have taken the blow a little easier.

Still lovin' the game!

:)

I've been playing since launch, the seeker droid and macro was something i was going to do after i got my main to 55, which I did, and even though i have lots of alts and play super casual, this was something I was looking forward to. I did start the seeker droid mission chain before the patch, and it dropped some good stuff, item mods for my alts and companions. It was also fun to have a reason to go to different planets like tat to do something else besides kill stuff and see the world again. Now with the change i have not touched it, and prob will not. I've decided to start with my alts again.

It is about time = reward, and with the new changes the reward is just not worth it. This ruined the mini game that they created. I still love the game, just wish that they would not change things that they worked so hard to make seem worthless doing., kinda defeats the purpose of implementing them with a nerf.

The space nerf was ok, since it made since that there were people using bots to farm them,,,but this is different, and I don't understand why they did it,, I read in some post that lots of people made tons of credits doing this mini game, well thats cool. You can make tons of credits on the gtn, dailies, crafting, etc. Don't really see the need to nerf this.

Edited by rethrox

Why do I get the feeling TOR went all SWG CU? We fans can't seem to catch a Star Wars break. I'll still pay and play but I think I won't be using my seeker droid any more. :(

Not really mad, just disappointed. I guess I'm just tired of being disappointed all the time.

Maybe this BH hunt will bring me some TOR happiness.:rak_02:

dont know if they give more % in the speeder parts, personally didnt see any change for this

but ''find something intreresting'' the 5-10 credit junk, is for the LOLs update / change

BTW after 7 hours from update till now no speeder part at all, but many ''interesting'' junks

/thread

Yeah, at no point should the "something interesting" be a gray level 10 item. It's a time consuming process that should never return garbage for a successful search. I can understand not filling up peoples inventory with greens and blues, but for crying out loud there needs to be something for the time spent.

I didn't mind all the blues and greens to be honest. I'd spend time out there looking, fill my inventory, call out my vendor droid sell it off for a bit, and keep looking for speeder parts and armor pieces. While I could spend the same amount of time making more credits but for an hours worth of searching I'd still make 100-200K or so. Made it more bearable.

You know it's funny. If they took out the mods to appease artifice-crafters, Ilum sure drops a lot of them. Blue ones. Unlike the seeker droid's green.

So if that's one of the reasons it's a classic case of right hand now knowing what the left is doing.

Every time that I get a red circle, I hear Mr. Kim (Kim Chan) from "The Fifth Element "

telling me "YOU FIND NOTHING !"

Dig for an hour, and you are lucky if you can finance the trip to the dig site.

But they don't force me to do it.