Doing a normal instance before HM...

Who'se idea was to force people to do the normal version first before they can enter the HM? Just asking because that's utterly retar ded. Really effin' fun to go run normal Taral V at lvl 50 so I can get in there and Maelstrom prison, which are one of the most run instances.

It's nearly impossible to even get a pug to HM's on the republic side on my server anyway. Stupid that when I finally get a group I can't even get in.

Maelstorm is the only one on the Republic side that requires you to do a normal instance before you can go in it. I'm assumming you're either not Shadow or Scoundrel, because as Shadow, i finished normal Taral V in like 10 minutes by using stealth and passing the bosses.

You don't need to you can do hardmode taral v instead. You simply pickup the normal mode quest which comes with two entries in your quest log and then you abandon the [Group] one which is just to complete the flashpoint and keeping the story arc quest. Then you can pickup the hardmode version from outside of the instance. Edited by Aestel

You don't have to run them on normal. You do have to pick up the chain quest to initially go in, Jedi prisoner I think it's called. Once you have that quest you end up with [GROUP] Taral V. Drop it and talk to the droid to get [HARD] Taral V.

You get credit and then get the next step for Maelstrom. You have to drop the [GROUP] and talk to the droid to get the [HARD] mode quest as well. You can also do this with Directive 7.