Roll Cheating using emote

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I've been in a codine acoma the last couple of days. If it has, move along.

Has anyone else noticed that using the /emote option you can type exactly the same rolling language one would get if they typed /random 1 100? With emote however, you can actually pick your number. The roll color is the same color as the emote color text. I understand you may be able to change the color of emotes and I would suggest that. Just thought I'd point this out.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I've been in a codine acoma the last couple of days. If it has, move along.

Has anyone else noticed that using the /emote option you can type exactly the same rolling language one would get if they typed /random 1 100? With emote however, you can actually pick your number. The roll color is the same color as the emote color text. I understand you may be able to change the color of emotes and I would suggest that. Just thought I'd point this out.

Thanks for telling me this, I had no idea and hopefully I haven't been cheated out of too many items. Going to change my emote color in chat now..

whilst this is an interesting observation i don't understand how this affects the distribution of loot.

are you in groups where people use /roll instead of clicking the need button? if so, why??

we have need/greed buttons for this and with master loot on it should go to the person who needs it most.

if you type /emote failsauce rolls 100 then yay for him but the guy that clicked need and rolled a 1 still gets the loot.

People do loot the way they want. Silly to me, but whatever.

The thing to me is that, no matter what people are using /random for, if you can cheese it that easily, it's kind of a waste to even put it in the game to begin with.

People use random when there is a master looter, and is used most often in guild runs. It is a way for the leader to distribute loot fairly, and means there's no mistakes with rolling.

For example, if two rakata main hand weapons dropped, and 3 people wanted them, instead of using need/greed where all 3 would greed, and possibly result in 1 person getting both, you use master looter, all 3 roll, and the two highest would get the items.

Anyone saying its a redundant feature, or not meant for loot, clearly hasn't played much endgame in an organised guild

Good to point out that it may be cheated though, will need to keep an eye out for it

People use random when there is a master looter, and is used most often in guild runs. It is a way for the leader to distribute loot fairly, and means there's no mistakes with rolling.

For example, if two rakata main hand weapons dropped, and 3 people wanted them, instead of using need/greed where all 3 would greed, and possibly result in 1 person getting both, you use master looter, all 3 roll, and the two highest would get the items.

Anyone saying its a redundant feature, or not meant for loot, clearly hasn't played much endgame in an organised guild

Good to point out that it may be cheated though, will need to keep an eye out for it

Or you loot the items 1 at a time and the person who wins the first doesn't roll on the second item.

If they are using random for loot rolls they are doing it wrong. /random is for gambling, and RP

Some of you people are so **** sure that your way is the only way.

HM/NM Ops -- Master Looter with /roll works for my guild great.

And before you say just use NBG to do the rolls, what happens if you get two of the same item that multiple toons can use. No way to select who gets what then.

And before you say just use NBG to do the rolls, what happens if you get two of the same item that multiple toons can use. No way to select who gets what then.

Or you loot the items 1 at a time and the person who wins the first doesn't roll on the second item.

In what system does that work? If you use NBG, then all the items pop and once and everyone rolls need or greed. So how exactly do you do this? If you use master looter, then /roll works just as well.

This^^

In a 16 man op, it is near impossible to discuss loot in the timeframe you are given to n/g on it. Plus in the 8/16 man ops there is a lot of loot that drops and there are usually 2-3 of the same unassambled items that drop. the /roll option with master looter is the best way to do this. That is if mater looter is working correctly, which it is not yet.

In what system does that work? If you use NBG, then all the items pop and once and everyone rolls need or greed. So how exactly do you do this? If you use master looter, then /roll works just as well.

Turn off auto-loot.

NBG does not make all the items pop at once.

One person loots the boss with autolooter off and loots the items one at a time to roll on them individually.

God these forums are a festival of morons. Using need / greed in a 16 man raid setting is bound to end up "oh I thought I rolled need on the 2nd item" about once a raid night. That is why many guilds use Masterloot in conjunction with a /roll command so that mistakes are eliminated. What rock have ya'll been living under.

God these forums are a festival of morons. Using need / greed in a 16 man raid setting is bound to end up "oh I thought I rolled need on the 2nd item" about once a raid night. That is why many guilds use Masterloot in conjunction with a /roll command so that mistakes are eliminated. What rock have ya'll been living under.

I think these guys were just giving other options as master looter still doen not work correctly.

off-topic: you can't accidently recieve an item because you /roll, you can if you click need or greed. /roll ensures proper looting.

on-topic: bummer you can cheese the /roll system with "clever" emoting. They should change the default color of /roll to something more obvious (pink, purple, blue, green, white, etc.)