• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I got...

Guilds recommended to me by the IGQ for PVE US-East/West:

• Jump Twice - Ranked 1: Points earned = 930 - Giradda the Hutt - Darkside
  • Porkin's Pigs - Ranked 2: Points earned = 770 - Juyo - Light Side
  • Military Ward - Ranked 3: Points earned = 770 - Mask of Nihilus - Dark Side
  • Chivalry - Ranked 4: Points earned = 740 - Juyo - Light Side
  • The Dark Helmets - Ranked 5: Points earned = 630 - Corellian Run - Dark Side

Only thing I wish this site had was an option to check what times your available to play, like for me anytime after 5 pm is out for me and most people raid at 8:30 pm or later.

Edited by Josmoda

Here's what I got...

Only thing I wish this site had was an option to check what times your available to play, like for me anytime after 5 pm is out for me and most people raid at 8:30 pm or later.

Only thing I could suggest is check out all the guilds on your list to see what their raiding schedule is like. Some guilds could offer different raiding times to accommodate their members.

Dragon Squad has been added to the quiz - Welcome :)

Additionally, the IGQ has hit a major milestone that has been a year in the making - we have officially surpassed the 10k mark in quiz submissions!!! (currently at 10,089 total as of this posting)

Thank you to the entire SWTOR community, it's fans, gamers, guild leaders and members for continuing to make the IGQ a success - the quiz would be nothing without the community's support :)

I've just noticed that the Chuundar PvP European server has been omitted. Could you rectify that, please?

That server wasn't omitted, it's just not currently being displayed as selectable because there aren't any "IGQ Guilds" on it at the moment.

The way we have it setup is this:

The full list of servers is available for guilds to see when they submit their guild to the quiz (they fill out a guild-version of the quiz that is near identical to what standard quiz-takers see, but has a few differences).

When a standard user takes the quiz, they only see servers listed where we have a current guild that matches - the reason is to maximize the potential list of guilds you would see as results, and most importantly, to limit the chance of getting zero results due to a filter (such as selecting a specific server) you chose at the beginning.

If we get a guild added that plays on Chuundar, it will automatically be added to the list of servers on the dropdown selection as well as the "Guild List" page...but as of now, since we don't have any guilds in the IGQ that play on that server, it won't be displayed.

Hope that all makes sense :)

That server wasn't omitted, it's just not currently being displayed as selectable because there aren't any "IGQ Guilds" on it at the moment.

The way we have it setup is this:

The full list of servers is available for guilds to see when they submit their guild to the quiz (they fill out a guild-version of the quiz that is near identical to what standard quiz-takers see, but has a few differences).

When a standard user takes the quiz, they only see servers listed where we have a current guild that matches - the reason is to maximize the potential list of guilds you would see as results, and most importantly, to limit the chance of getting zero results due to a filter (such as selecting a specific server) you chose at the beginning.

If we get a guild added that plays on Chuundar, it will automatically be added to the list of servers on the dropdown selection as well as the "Guild List" page...but as of now, since we don't have any guilds in the IGQ that play on that server, it won't be displayed.

Hope that all makes sense :)

My mistake, I wasn't aware of that.

It does make sense.:)

I've a question...

"31. Do you prefer a guild that takes care to ensure its members are mature?"

What definition of "mature" is being used here? Is this referring to people who choose to behave in a grown up fashion, (they have matured), or people who choose to behave in an R rated fashion, (for mature audiences only)?

I find it very frustrating that this word is used to describe the two opposite ends of the spectrum. As it is, when used in this context, I cannot determine which meaning it refers to.

~ Cerilynn

I've a question...

"31. Do you prefer a guild that takes care to ensure its members are mature?"

What definition of "mature" is being used here? Is this referring to people who choose to behave in a grown up fashion, (they have matured), or people who choose to behave in an R rated fashion, (for mature audiences only)?

I find it very frustrating that this word is used to describe the two opposite ends of the spectrum. As it is, when used in this context, I cannot determine which meaning it refers to.

~ Cerilynn

Cerilynn,

The quiz was designed with the intent of some questions being subjective - the idea is to answer them according to your own definition of some of the terms rather than how you think a guild might answer. It's true that specific question could be viewed multiple ways, but the catch is that different people define terms differently, so we built it in a manner to meet the needs of the majority, allow each person (both that quiz-taker, and the guilds contained within) to decide what each term may mean, and provide a manner for each definition to matter to the individual.

I understand how it might seem frustrating on a question like your example, but in designing the quiz, we couldn't be the one's to decide what "mature" would mean in the context of a guild or an individual, rather it's left to each to decide on their own.

The server that was originally chosen for me is not on the list of available guild choices, not a help.

The server I chose as an alternate, during "code" problems when the "droids asked me to leave my regular server for a "period" f time to see if it "fixes" the problem, not on the list, not helpful.

The 2 servers being:

Grand Master Zym, originally chosen by guilg (dying) placement,

Master Gnost Dural, first on list after regular server

By the way, the "Code" problem is a bug I believe that has only affected my 2 Sith Warriors.

The server that was originally chosen for me is not on the list of available guild choices, not a help.

The server I chose as an alternate, during "code" problems when the "droids asked me to leave my regular server for a "period" f time to see if it "fixes" the problem, not on the list, not helpful.

The 2 servers being:

Grand Master Zym, originally chosen by guilg (dying) placement,

Master Gnost Dural, first on list after regular server

By the way, the "Code" problem is a bug I believe that has only affected my 2 Sith Warriors.

I'm not sure what your comments are about...what is this "code" problem? Something with the IGQ?

I'm not sure what your comments are about...what is this "code" problem? Something with the IGQ?

No, originally the code (Can't find codex:0) or whatever, was during the loading of my marauder once I hit Tatooine.

I now believe it to be a warrior bug, because my Jugg just started getting the same thing, once I hit Tatooine.

But the whole of my point was that there was no mention for any guilds on the 2 servers that I am affiliated with.

The codex problem/bug was the reason I left my server for a short period of time and started on another server. It was the "Droid/CS" response to the codex problem.

Don't really want to start jumping between 3 servers, as I already settled matters for the time being with my second server.

But the whole of my point was that there was no mention for any guilds on the 2 servers that I am affiliated with.

The IGQ depends on guild leaders choosing to register their guilds. If your servers aren't represented, it means that not even one GL has chosen to register their guild on the IGQ. This might be a good opportunity to find them, or find the forums they frequent, and bug them to do so.

Paige

Someone on my server set up a server facebook page. I've been bugging the guild leaders there to register with the quiz. Mask of Nihilus is a decent size server, top 5 from every unofficial server census I've seen, and I'd would wager top 10 for sure. Its a shame that there's only my guild registered on here.