Current Ops Progression (NMEC/HMTFB)

Denchet

Recovering from holidays, death of our guildie sniper, and just general disdane of this whole instance Haterade finally down Kephess NiM last night (1/2/2013). Ya took us long enough right? Apparently we all suck at this game and have collectedly decided to all move to Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

Pix will be on website tonight.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recovering from holidays, death of our guildie sniper, and just general disdane of this whole instance Haterade finally down Kephess NiM last night (1/2/2013). Ya took us long enough right? Apparently we all suck at this game and have collectedly decided to all move to Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

Congrats guys! Sorry to hear about the guildie though, thats really sad :/

=( Really sorry to hear about your guildie but glad to hear about Kephess.

Not sure how you want to handle it Denchet, but Silver Order has an imp guild (We Ordered Silver) and we just cleared through the minefield today (Jan 3) after holidays scheduling stupidness. We had actually cleared

when it first came out but didn't get around to finally killing the stupid tanks until tonight.

At any rate, here are the screenshots Firebrand and Stormcaller killed at 11:03pm, Pacific and group shot with nameplates.

Vorgath killed at 11:28pm, Pacific and group shot with nameplates.

Keeping fingers crossed for Kephess tomorrow night...

=( Really sorry to hear about your guildie but glad to hear about Kephess.

Not sure how you want to handle it Denchet, but Silver Order has an imp guild (We Ordered Silver) and we just cleared through the minefield today (Jan 3) after holidays scheduling stupidness. We had actually cleared

when it first came out but didn't get around to finally killing the stupid tanks until tonight.

At any rate, here are the screenshots Firebrand and Stormcaller killed at 11:03pm, Pacific and group shot with nameplates.

Vorgath killed at 11:28pm, Pacific and group shot with nameplates.

Keeping fingers crossed for Kephess tomorrow night...

I think I'm gonna go ahead and track your Imp guild. Some players use Ops progression when trying to find a guild, and this will help Imp players see how far along We Ordered Silver is.

Gonna need proof of Terror from Beyond still.

Edited by Denchet

Updated with your Kephess kill, congrats. Found the picture on your website.

And sorry to hear about your friend.

Edited by Denchet

I think I'm gonna go ahead and track your Imp guild. Some players use Ops progression when trying to find a guild, and this will help Imp players see how far along We Ordered Silver is.

Gonna need proof of Terror from Beyond still.

Hm looks like I don't have any proof of first-time kills on WOS, just a screenshot of the final kill without the difficulty mode =\ but I'll take screenshots the next time we do it. Thanks again for including our EC kills!

Hey all. Took about 3 weeks off for the holidays. Well bring you Kephess' head this week. God this fight sucks. How is it that NiM can be so easy up to him?

Are you guys working on 16-man, as your sig implies, or an 8-man kill? For the most part, all the difficult parts of the 8-man version can be resolved with strategic changes.. but I'm told the 16-man version has a nightmarish enrage timer. Blame those slacker DPS! :D

For any of you who didn't know this, 16 man NiM Kephess used to have a 4 minute enrage timer after his first drop. After nerf, he has a 5 and a half minute enrage. Yeah, big effing difference; but honestly it was a needed nerf considering only one guild in the world even killed the damn thing about 50 days into the content.

For any of you who didn't know this, 16 man NiM Kephess used to have a 4 minute enrage timer after his first drop. After nerf, he has a 5 and a half minute enrage. Yeah, big effing difference; but honestly it was a needed nerf considering only one guild in the world even killed the damn thing about 50 days into the content.

Do you know how long the 8 man enrage is? Just want to compare the DPS required between the two.

Do you know how long the 8 man enrage is? Just want to compare the DPS required between the two.

I was timing it today, it's 5 and a half minutes in 8 man, but it's worth noting that 16 man has to use 9 DPS (Not 10) for about 2.5x the amount of normal 8 man hp.

Today we managed to just barely beat the enrage with only 3 DPS up from 85% downwards, (Our merc DCed), so I'm thinking that 8 man just isn't tuned as hard for DPS as it could be. Either that or our tanks DPS carries us. Probably the latter ;)

I was timing it today, it's 5 and a half minutes in 8 man, but it's worth noting that 16 man has to use 9 DPS (Not 10) for about 2.5x the amount of normal 8 man hp.

Today we managed to just barely beat the enrage with only 3 DPS up from 85% downwards, (Our merc DCed), so I'm thinking that 8 man just isn't tuned as hard for DPS as it could be. Either that or our tanks DPS carries us. Probably the latter ;)

I thought the first kill had 10 dps, 3 tanks, and 3 healers. I did the math and 8 man and 16 man both required the same DPS per person (or at least extremely close) assuming the enrage timers were the same. If the enrage timer was different on 8 man and 16 man then it makes sense that it took them such a long time to beat it.

Damage comparison between 16 and 8 man mode:

16:

3 tanks

3 healers

10 DPS

3,265,395 HP / 10 = 326,539 damage per DPS

8:

2 tanks

2 healers

4 DPS

1,288,301 HP / 4 = 322,075 damage per DPS

Both of these assume the tanks aren't doing any damage. Tank damage should be slightly higher in 16man because they occasionally have two tanks on him at once don't they? Either way, it seems it would be balanced for them both to have the same enrage timer, which it sounds like they do now.

Edited by Denchet

I thought the first kill had 10 dps, 3 tanks, and 3 healers. I did the math and 8 man and 16 man both required the same DPS per person (or at least extremely close) assuming the enrage timers were the same. If the enrage timer was different on 8 man and 16 man then it makes sense that it took them such a long time to beat it.

Damage comparison between 16 and 8 man mode:

16:

3 tanks

3 healers

10 DPS

3,265,395 HP / 10 = 326,539 damage per DPS

8:

2 tanks

2 healers

4 DPS

1,288,301 HP / 4 = 322,075 damage per DPS

Both of these assume the tanks aren't doing any damage. Tank damage should be slightly higher in 16man because they occasionally have two tanks on him at once don't they? Either way, it seems it would be balanced for them both to have the same enrage timer, which it sounds like they do now.

Oooh, you're right. I counted a DPS as a healer. So yeah, it's balanced correctly now

I was timing it today, it's 5 and a half minutes in 8 man

Are you sure about this? When we were working on our first kill i timed it at four minutes even and it was still four minutes before i took a break for the holidays. I am wondering if they ninja nerfed the 8 man enrage timer when they nerfed the 16 man.

Edited by Chaqen

Are you sure about this? When we were working on our first kill i timed it at four minutes even and it was still four minutes before i took a break for the holidays. I am wondering if they ninja nerfed the 8 man enrage timer when they nerfed the 16 man.

Well, ninja nerfed it or accidentally nerfed it. Who knows with BW :rolleyes:

Either that or my keyboards timer effed up, or more likely, I did. The enrage seemed awfully long compared to what I had seen before; so we'll have to see eh?

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

In our kill video from a few weeks ago, he drops down at 5:23 and dies at 9:08, meaning we would have beaten a four minute enrage timer by 15 seconds. There is no way we could be beating the enrage timer by 105 seconds; on our first kill he actually enraged long enough to attack me once (yay dodge!) and our DPS certainly hasn't been able to shave the kill time by a full 30%. They're good, but not that good. :p

That being said it could be 5:30 now; I have no way of testing unless our DPS intentionally fails, which we aren't going to do.

Adding 90 seconds seems like way too much of an overnerf to me. You could kill him with 4 walker phases with that long of an enrage.

Edited by Denchet