Companion gear bug fixed?

fatoldguy

that bug was a huge pita.

Well, I grant that it was annoying, but quickly fixed (as usual, they hop on stuff like this quick to fix it).

NOW, what would REALLY be a huge pita is if your companion randomly switched sides in a battle and ganked your sorry keester just so they could laugh at your corpse and do a twinkle toes dance on your face as you take a dirt nap.... and Bioware was unable to find/fix the bug for 3 weeks. :p I can just imagine Khem doing this...LOL.

Edited by Andryah

Well, I grant that it was annoying, but quickly fixed (as usual, they hop on stuff like this quick to fix it).

NOW, what would REALLY be a huge pita is if your companion randomly switched sides in a battle and ganked your sorry keester just so they could laugh at your corpse and do a twinkle toes dance on your face as you take a dirt nap.... and Bioware was unable to find/fix the bug for 3 weeks. :p I can just imagine Khem doing this...LOL.

That's funny right there! I don't care who you are!

Interestingly enough, something similar to this happened to me in the original EverQuest waaaaay back in the day. I was playing a Mage and my good friend was playing an Enchanter. We were dueling to pass the time and he had the bright idea to Charm my earth elemental. It of course did not work. It did however apply the ability to the pet. When it wore off, the elemental completely broke free of player control and went berserk on anyone who went near it. It killed 3 Rogues, 2 Bards, 4 Warriors, a Druid, a Shaman, 6 Necromancers, and a Cleric before a high level finally put it down.

Morale of the story: This isn't that far fetched.

I am not sure how a full day = quick in your head, but whatever. Since the bug was immediately obvious (which speaks to the lack of proper Q&A procedure at EAWare) and pretty much game breaking, the proper way to address it would have been rolling back the patch. But since even that rather simple technique seems absent, we get what we've always gotten -- if the patch breaks stuff, hope EAware fixes it later.

Btw - I hope you at least get paid in cartel coins or something, with all the apologizing you do on EAware's behalf.