Merc healing stats?

kdibuz

Just recently i've noticed my heals are a little low, compared to when i heal on my sorc. Even though sorc's are a little OP. I'm just wondering as a merc healing standard, with camp/bh and 2 rakata pieces. What my stats should be like, and how to improve my healing as a merc.

My stats are bonus healing 642.2 crit 35.51% and surge 71.3%

Just need some advice and what i should do to improve my merc healer.

thanks.

what did u stack to get your power? i've thought a bout a clicky relic power, but never knew if it was worth it or not. and i know my surge needs to come up some more. but as i healed tonight on my sorc, im doing at least 200-300+hps more then my merc.

Copy-paste from another posting:

My Campaign/DG commando has:

Bonus Healing: 765.8

Aim: 2327

Power: 1076

Tech Power: 1298

Crit Rating: 71

Surge Rating: 288

Accuracy: 288

*With rakata aim stim and all raid buffs.

I mostly abandoned healing on my commando, but when he was a healer, the only change is 288 alacrity instead of accuracy. Even though my crit rating seems low, in heal spec with raid buffs, I still get a 35.22% crit chance.

You can by extra BH pieces to min-max your gear with +41 power mods and enhancements. And I prefer the PvP relics for static power boost.

Edited by NoFishing

I'm puzzled why people automatically expect all 3 healing classes' healing skills to be exactly the same on a per heal basis. As I understand it, balance has been achieved on an overall healing throughput basis, factoring in multiple considerations, such as own survivability, resource management, cast time of skills, multiple target healing, etc.

Even if you generated same-encounter HPS parses between the 3 classes, this would still be unreliable due to the likely massive amount of overhealing Sorcs (AOE puddle) and Operatives (HoTs) do, which skew their total healing done.

I'm puzzled why people automatically expect all 3 healing classes' healing skills to be exactly the same on a per heal basis. As I understand it, balance has been achieved on an overall healing throughput basis, factoring in multiple considerations, such as own survivability, resource management, cast time of skills, multiple target healing, etc.

Even if you generated same-encounter HPS parses between the 3 classes, this would still be unreliable due to the likely massive amount of overhealing Sorcs (AOE puddle) and Operatives (HoTs) do, which skew their total healing done.

Most parsers can tell you the amount of overhealing done, and yeah, on my sage it can be pretty insane. In most of our raids, me (sage, sometimes commando) and the other healer (usually an op, or a sage) end up doing roughly the same amount of effective healing. But I think it is faulty logic to say that means the all classes are capable of the same throughput. What that really shows is that both healers are doing their jobs well and healing damage as it comes in.

And even though I think merc/commando healing has generally fallen behind the other classes with the changes in last 2 major patches, there are strengths and weaknesses to each class, and some fights play better to certain classes than others. Plus some players find certain classes fit them better.

i'm not trying to 'compare' classes. of course sages/sorc are OP and op's with the HoT's ...i just want my Merc to be a little better with her healing. my effective healing is right behind the sorc i run with on raids. I just want my Power + increase and advice on what other merc healers do with their stats.

mercs and commandos will never be aqble to obtain the same level of bonus healing as a sorc, my commando is minmaxed out (pretty much, need to do a little more tweeking) and am only at 782 bonus healing with a 36% crit and a 78% multiplier. commandos and mercs got the short end ofthe stick as far as healing goes,

1) we have the hardest resource management system with the smallest amount of wiggle room (if we fall too low and our emergency powercell is on CD we are ****ed vs. coundrel can heal till no resource and use diagnostic scan a few times and WHAM full resource again)

2) we have thelowest potential for bonus healing

3) alot of our healing comes from buffs and abilities rather than actual healing (armour and damage reduction buff from AMP and kolto bomb under supercharge cells.)

so we quote un-quote wont hvae a high bonus healing but we do have a 15% boost to our crit multiplier with heals through our tree. and alot of our healing is done through prevenative medacine meening we have to heal the least in theory.

by far the most difficult class to heal effectively on. you use one medical probe too many and your ****ed.

The main thing to remember with stat balancing a merc/commando healer is that your healing surge is actually around 90% or more (75% stats +15% in the healing tree which is not listed in tech crit multiplier) so crit is important as hell and if you're not using it you're doing it wrong. Tech crit should be above 40% to properly balance.