Weeks wasted.

Zen-Truehazzrd

so yeah im shure im not the only 1 who is enraged over the fact that legacey skills not only require the legacey that took weeks grind the only grind you can actually find in this game. but actually takes stupid amounts of cash. im not going to go broke for ship toys when i already did the work to unlock them. if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around . i stuck it out for weeks just grinding legacey cuz i had nothing else to look forword to in this game and now i feel my time has been wasted.

i loved this game but after this i feel lied to and i dont know if i can continue playing after i wasted weeks for no reward making alts i would not have if i knew i had to grind and go broke just for in game toys.

Maybe you should have spent a little time reading up on what legacy involved instead of just grinding like a madman?

Legacy is going to be great as it will provide neat little perks to my main as I play my alts. Play my alts for the main selling point of this game: the story.

if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around.

The costs and requirements for legacy stuff has been well documented for quite some time..

Oh, and can I have your stuff?

For every patch, there's few uninformed people who rage quit. The information has been up for weeks. PTS has been up for weeks. There's no reason to discover any of this today.

You can't fault anyone but yourself for not knowing what was in the patch.

Edited by Meluna
insults

what great perks do you speak of ? the gtn i can already use in game the mail box i can already use ? the training dummy i wont use cuz combat log is super fail. yeah it so worth the grind and cash to be able to use a few more things on your ship instedd of actually leaving your ship and going to fleet. and really who cares about the jet pack sprint has been moved to alevel 1 skill.

so yeah im shure im not the only 1 who is enraged over the fact that legacey skills not only require the legacey that took weeks grind the only grind you can actually find in this game. but actually takes stupid amounts of cash. im not going to go broke for ship toys when i already did the work to unlock them. if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around . i stuck it out for weeks just grinding legacey cuz i had nothing else to look forword to in this game and now i feel my time has been wasted.

i loved this game but after this i feel lied to and i dont know if i can continue playing after i wasted weeks for no reward making alts i would not have if i knew i had to grind and go broke just for in game toys.

Lied to you? Funny because this was posted in early March.

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Things don't need to be super uber-powerful awesome. GTN and Mailbox on my ship is great!

This wasn't intended to be something to grind. It was supposed to be something fun to do reward leveling alts (hopefully republic ones) and add to your personal story. Bioware makes ROLE-PLAYING GAMES, which means, you know, you play a role.

What I'm angry about is the fact that we actually have to spend money on the Legacy system. By grinding, leveling and working through characters, I have ALREADY EARNED the ability to use the Legacy skills promised. I'm not being unrealistic when I say less than 10% of SWTOR can probably afford all of the Legacy items / skills / unlocks atm. It's ridiculous. This game is being burned already for bad PvP and no end-game content (Not that much their fault, considering it's a new game), but they just had to go and kick RPers and people who like to roll new characters in the balls. This is just idiotic, and the team should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a stupid decision to go through. I understand games need money sinks, but the prices for the Legacy system are so bloated that it makes it near impossible to unlock anything in a reasonable amount of time. If unlocking a class was, say, 150k credits, I'd be okay with that, because it's reasonable and accessible. 1.5 million is NOT easy and accessible.

tl;dr BioWare punishes people for playing more.

you all can enjoy your junk game filled to the brim with trolls. i swear knowone can post on this site with out you trolls chiming in wanting people to quit and poking at freaking grammer flaws like it really matters on a 2nd rate mmo .

and i did read about legacey but they make everything very un clear as MY ENTIRE GUILD THOUGHT IT WAS MONEY OR LEGACEY NOT BOTH.

just like they where very un clear about 90% of this patch.

But they have informed you for weeks that it was going to cost large sums of money.

It's all goofy extra crap...I don't see an issue with it.

That's the problem. I can't complain about the Legacy system costing credits until the patch is official. Now that it is, I can speak my mind without people going 'Oh, it's just test notes, it could change'. Well, it's not. And the credit amount they are asking for, even for basic stuff, is stupidly high. This was to be an incentive to RPers and players who like to re-roll, but now it's a near unattainable goal for people who can't make millions of credits. It's a horrible idea just aimed at making Legacy skills take hundreds of more hours to farm. It's a time sink, just like EVE's skill progression.

Edited by The_Big_Ginger

you all can enjoy your junk game filled to the brim with trolls. i swear knowone can post on this site with out you trolls chiming in wanting people to quit and poking at freaking grammer flaws like it really matters on a 2nd rate mmo .

and i did read about legacey but they make everything very un clear as MY ENTIRE GUILD THOUGHT IT WAS MONEY OR LEGACEY NOT BOTH.

they were very clear. We all understood it. By your grammar i'd say you have a reading comprehension of a 6 year old, so i understand why you couldn't grasp simple english.

That's the problem. I can't complain about the Legacy system costing credits until the patch is official. Now that it is, I can speak my mind without people going 'Oh, it's just test notes, it could change'. Well, it's not. And the credit amount they are asking for, even for basic stuff, is stupidly high. This was to be an incentive to RPers and players who like to re-roll, but now it's a near unattainable goal for people who can't make millions of credits. It's a horrible idea just aimed at making Legacy skills take hundreds of more hours to farm. It's a time sink, just like EVE's skill progression.

it's incentive to PLAY THE GAME and UNLOCK the rewards.

Edited by Meluna
politics

Anyone can make millions of credits very easily. Just doing dailies pre 1.2 could net you 1-2 million a week. Now with 1.2 there are even more dailies with the addition of Corelia so that number will go up. Sure its a grind to do dailies, but you said you have been grinding for weeks right? So you should have plenty of money...

Cancel your suscription... Bioware doesnt care about customers, let's see:

1- Empty servers (except "the fatman")

2- Due to empty servers, you can't run hard modes, operation , etc

3- Empty servers = no world PVP

4- Empty Servers = Paying $15.00 for a single player game

5- Empty Servers = etc,etc

Players have been asking (BEGGING) for server merge for like 4 months, I don't care for patch 1.2.

When they're going to realize that this game is sinking cause they DON'T listen.

Look, it is no ones fault but your own for not comprehending the information that has been given for months on 1.2. If you were confused with what the devs spelled out for you, there was always the PTR to go and actually confirm what the changes were.

I don't feel any sympathy for you for being willfully ignorant, and no one else in here will either.

Also, these forums have built in spellcheckers. Do us all a favor and when you see a red squiggly line correct the error. Its hard to take anything you say seriously when my 4 year old has more cohesive sentences.

Then

1. Your entire guild are fools

2. You really need to remove the zen part of your username

Cancel your suscription... Bioware doesnt care about customers, let's see:

1- Empty servers (except "the fatman")

2- Due to empty servers, you can't run hard modes, operation , etc

3- Empty servers = no world PVP

4- Empty Servers = Paying $15.00 for a single player game

5- Empty Servers = etc,etc

Players have been asking (BEGGING) for server merge for like 4 months, I don't care for patch 1.2.

When they're going to realize that this game is sinking cause they DON'T listen.

no YOU don't listen. It's not easy to merge servers with LEGACY.

Not from me, I bought my own Ship GTN.

Every morning before work, I would do Belsalvis Dailies, when I had enough tokens, I would go to Fleet, sell Rakata Implants for 400k. They got to pick what they wanted(It was usually 300-400k cheaper then GTN).

Just take the effort man, stuff ain't handed to you.

JJ

If you actually cared and mhmmm... I don't know.. LOOKED ??? Before the patch went live it was very clear that you would need legacy level AND credits to buy stuff.

The credit prices for all the legacy stuff is a complete joke...

I bought the 2M/1M speeder and two 2.5M white crystals (power & expertise) and I still have over 67M credits. Credits have been a joke to make since launch... if you don't have millions you either:

A) Don't Care

B) Sit in the imperial fleet and do nothing all day every day.

Edited by Sharukoz

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.