I demand an answer.

NemesisStar

Hood toggle, Simple request. Has been requested thousands of times at least.... you have had any number of opportunities to put it in, there is already a Hood toggle in the game... Twileks can't wear a hood if we want to.

I want to know why... WHY it hasn't been done. Why is Bio ware so adamantly refusing to give us this option!?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think they are ignoring you? First, with all the other major bugs it's not a priority, since it's a feature request. Secondly someone hasn't written the routine for it by now then It's probably not a part of the code for appearance (like the explicit headgear toggle) it's most likely an if routine in collision detection or object composition so that if something is clipping past the hood (like headtails or headgear), it just doesn't draw the hood.

Opinions differ.. I think this is a total waste of development time, seriously. Does it make the game any more "fun" if you can toggle your hood on and off? Some of the persistent purely cosmetic requests like this I´ll never understand.

Anyway hope you get your hood toggle, as long as it doesn´t delay more important stuff

Yeah, they apparently said a hood toggle would somehow involve a lot of coding to get working. I'm talking about a hood toggle that makes the hood go down and rest on the shoulder/back, not disappear completely. It will probably come some day but for now you'll just have to do without :)

Opinions differ.. I think this is a total waste of development time, seriously. Does it make the game any more "fun" if you can toggle your hood on and off? Some of the persistent purely cosmetic requests like this I´ll never understand.

Anyway hope you get your hood toggle, as long as it doesn´t delay more important stuff

The thing is they promised it (again with the don't promise what you cannot keep moral of SWTOR :(), and to me in a Star Wars MMORPG it would be right up there on my top 10 design issues list as a developer (even though it is purely "fluff"), as it is such an iconic thing in Star Wars.

Personally I don't think it's a major issue in a gameplay sense, but I have to admit I get sick of having my hood up or down all the time.

Usually with the right choice of helmet you can make your hood dispear, but it would be nice if this at least was toggleable (I can't really see why it couldn't be as the game already does it).

Admittedly I'd rather they had a hood down model (as many chests already do) AND a hood up model that they could toggle between, but that is likely to be much more complex.

The thing is they promised it (again with the don't promise what you cannot keep moral of SWTOR :(), and to me in a Star Wars MMORPG it would be right up there on my top 10 design issues list as a developer (even though it is purely "fluff"), as it is such an iconic thing in Star Wars.

They did? I don't remember that being promised.

Yeah, they apparently said a hood toggle would somehow involve a lot of coding to get working. I'm talking about a hood toggle that makes the hood go down and rest on the shoulder/back, not disappear completely. It will probably come some day but for now you'll just have to do without :)

IMy shatterpoint cloak in SWG had a hood toggle option. So i dont see coding issues as being a valid excuse for this.

Its just pure laziness, a lot of short cuts like this were taken.

Hood toggle, Simple request. Has been requested thousands of times at least.... you have had any number of opportunities to put it in, there is already a Hood toggle in the game... Twileks can't wear a hood if we want to.

I want to know why... WHY it hasn't been done. Why is Bio ware so adamantly refusing to give us this option!?

You DEMAND?

Good luck with that.

IMy shatterpoint cloak in SWG had a hood toggle option. So i dont see coding issues as being a valid excuse for this.

Oh, SWG was built on the Hero engine as well eh? This really is such an ignorant statement it made me facedesk.. you owe me a new keyboard.

Bioware already stated in the past that they made a bad judgement call concerning this and that the hoods are not a seperate part of the chest piece but an integral part. Making a toggle would basicly require them to either make a different, hood-down version of every hooded item in game and make a mechanism that switches these two chest pieces' look on command (with all inherent risks), or regenerate all items in game to ensure they have the hood as a seperate entity they can work with armor design wise and then make a hood toggle similar to helmet toggle.

So really, it is a lot more complex and there are no short cuts available because of a bad mistake very early in development when it came to determining what seperate parts made up a chest piece.

Edited by Devlonir

Well, I DEMAND to know why you (NemisisStar) haven't finished implementing it. You obviously want it really bad. Why are you dragging your feet? Why have you not written even a single line of code to do this very simple task that you have repeatedly asked for?

Oh wait. You mean... you don't know how to code? You don't even know the first thing about making software?

Oh.

Well, then, I guess you'll have to wait behind the twelve thousand other whining novices who think that game design consists of one guy DEMANDING a feature and a pair of coders clicking a checkbox and dragging a box into place. Sorta like this guy:

Oh, well if SWG had it, then it's so much easier. We'll just copy and paste that code, then, right? Because that totally works in software development. Hey, I heard that Deus Ex game had destructible walls. We should copy and paste that code while we're at it. Ooh. And Shogun 2 had battles with hundreds of people in them. We'll copy and paste that, too. Do you suppose it all has to fit on the same clipboard? Or will we need to upgrade to Windows 8 to get a bigger clipboard?

Well, I DEMAND to know why you (NemisisStar) haven't finished implementing it. You obviously want it really bad. Why are you dragging your feet? Why have you not written even a single line of code to do this very simple task that you have repeatedly asked for?

Oh wait. You mean... you don't know how to code? You don't even know the first thing about making software?

Oh.

Well, then, I guess you'll have to wait behind the twelve thousand other whining novices who think that game design consists of one guy DEMANDING a feature and a pair of coders clicking a checkbox and dragging a box into place. Sorta like this guy:

Oh, well if SWG had it, then it's so much easier. We'll just copy and paste that code, then, right? Because that totally works in software development. Hey, I heard that Deus Ex game had destructible walls. We should copy and paste that code while we're at it. Ooh. And Shogun 2 had battles with hundreds of people in them. We'll copy and paste that, too. Do you suppose it all has to fit on the same clipboard? Or will we need to upgrade to Windows 8 to get a bigger clipboard?

This guy's impression of "hacking" must have come from watching Swordfish or something too.

I don't consider this a small request, Aesthetics are important. I don't appreciate either, people who say " you just need to live with it" Well screw off, I am paying to play the game just like you are. I don't like the hoods.. they are ugly, It does have a very big impact on my opinion of the game over all. I don't care about the visual of the hood falling back on the shoulders, I would settle for an option simply to have it not draw the hood. ****... The Player base could have come up with a client side mod to disable Hood drawing by now.

I don't consider this a small request, Aesthetics are important. I don't appreciate either, people who say " you just need to live with it" Well screw off, I am paying to play the game just like you are. I don't like the hoods.. they are ugly, It does have a very big impact on my opinion of the game over all. I don't care about the visual of the hood falling back on the shoulders, I would settle for an option simply to have it not draw the hood. ****... The Player base could have come up with a client side mod to disable Hood drawing by now.

and yet they haven't

Additionally... I do possess some basic understanding of coding. So to you Whining *****es who can't do anything when a complaint comes around, except tear into a person for posting it. There is something called "The pretense of knowledge" which is a fancy way of saying your an arrogant **** who just assumes he/she knows a persons background from 1 post.

The hood toggle is a nice feature to implement, the way you are just asking for it when you have so much more important features to be implemented is just not even worth my time to wry with your post really.

Additionally... I do possess some basic understanding of coding. So to you Whining *****es who can't do anything when a complaint comes around, except tear into a person for posting it. There is something called "The pretense of knowledge" which is a fancy way of saying your an arrogant **** who just assumes he/she knows a persons background from 1 post.

so why haven't YOU come up with this mod you say should be easy to implement?

Additionally... I do possess some basic understanding of coding.

If that were true, then you wouldn't need other people to explain that your DEMAND is actually a very time-consuming, resource-intense, and expensive (due to the previous points) task. Are you going to pay the cost for it? Have you even tried calculating the cost? Do you even understand the mechanics behind the problem?

You're right about one thing, though: You're paying for the game just like I am. You want them to spend time, money, and resources on redesigning every piece of hooded armor (and probably every other piece of armor) to support your DEMAND. I would rather see new armor designs made available, especially to levels 1-49. Why is your opinion more urgent than mine? We both pay the same price to play. You're one person with an expensive demand. I'm one person with a much-less-expensive demand. Which of us should be given precedence?

The moment the number of people DEMANDING modifiable hoods outnumbers the number of people wanting a greater variety of armor sets or more facial customizations or more playable species or any of a dozen other improvements from the modeling-art department, then I'll start to care. Until then, your DEMAND is just a capitalized respelling of whine.

of all the problems with this game THIS is the one you DEMAND an answer for....ugh

Then go back to SWG...oh wait.

Just go to the last video Q&A (just before 1.4)

They actually specifically discuss hood toggle (around the 20 minute mark). Here they said that this is "a thing that seems simple but when you look at it, you find out it is not so simple at all." They also specifically stated that "While researching this we have found easy ways to do the companion helmet toggle and match to chest piece which we implemented into 1.4."

So they have been working on it, and communicating.

I care about it and so does most players ingame, it is more importent to many of us then alot of the bvugs as long they are not game breaking.ALOT of us actualy care what we look like, we care because we try to immerse ourself in the star wars universe and i do like to actually see my damd head !!! And bioware we know dont give a damd about customazation or freedom or immersion.So they ignore these issue, just like chat bubbles minigames etc,so they keep losing subs.The ONLY reason they do have the number of subs they have now is because it's star wars nothing else, i know it and they know it, and still they ignore they people still supporting this game ! I mean this is a game were still almost a year in were Vette still have her shock collor on even thou i removed it at lvl 10 many month ago-.:mad::mad::mad: Edited by Lord_Karsk

I care about it and so does most players ingame, it is more importent to many of us then alot of the bvugs as long they are not game breaking.ALOT of us actualy care what we look like, we care because we try to immerse ourself in the star wars universe and i do like to actually see my damd head !!! And bioware we know dont give a damd about customazation or freedom or immersion.So they ignore these issue, just like chat bubbles minigames etc,so they keep losing subs.The ONLY reason they do have the number of subs they have now is because it's star wars nothing else, i know it and they know it, and still they ignore they people still supporting this game ! I mean this is a game were still almost a year in were Vette still have her shock collor on even thou i removed it at lvl 10 many month ago-.:mad::mad::mad:

That was a lot of misspelled words in your wall of text. Most players eh? Was there an election where we elected you to represent us? If so, I want a re-count.