Lock Out timer for Abandoning Early

Gandrake

There needs to be a severe penalty for leaving war zones early. There will be the occasional crash, but, so many people get in a wz and don't like the results they are seeing on the board and just leave. So the next bunch of people in the q get flooded into their spots usually in a losing... almost over match.

I have been in roughly 12 matches today and 10 of them were matches already in session. Roughly 8 of these there was less than 2 minutes left of play time in a losing match. I always jump right in and go for as many medals as I can, but, if I don't get the minimum medals then I don't get any points, cash, etc... It's just annoying.

It should be a progressive system too for people that continuously quit early should get the times lengthened. I know that will never happen, but, other games have tracked players that behave badly and given them increased penalties.

I am in favor of this. Even if you crash randomly or have a real life emergency. The other day my character was frozen in place, he could turn in place but couldn't move and he was stuck in the respawn zone. Basically I had to wait until the game kicked me out...

...but even tho, I would gladly take the debuff or timer if it meant it would cut down the quitters.

You would just encourage in game quitters who don't leave. Just hanging out talking trash.

Answer is to encourage participation with comms even if you lose completely (even if without 3 medals). Still less than winning, but better than just quitting all together. Once you do that, then you can lock them out for the duration of what the match lasts they left.

Edited by Technohic

I agree to locking them out of the queue until the match they left finishes (plus a few seconds for the people in match to re-queue).

It gives the people who were punished by back-filling to get back into a good game before the rage quitter takes up the slot.

It's not as brutal is taking away or limiting commendations/XP/credits.

And if they had to leave for a real world emergency they'll be away from the computer a few minutes anyway and they won't notice the buffer.

Oh good another day and another pointless warzone quitter thread. People quit for a reason, if you learned to play, ppl probably wont quit. Personally, I will always quit a wz if there are too many idiots not calling inc, fighting away from nodes, not attacking/moving for a pass in huttball.

If ppl upped their game, then things will improve, now jog on back to your Wii.

I am in favor of this. Even if you crash randomly or have a real life emergency. The other day my character was frozen in place, he could turn in place but couldn't move and he was stuck in the respawn zone. Basically I had to wait until the game kicked me out...

...but even tho, I would gladly take the debuff or timer if it meant it would cut down the quitters.

So you would willingly take the punishment for a bug that EAware has failed to correct SINCE LAUNCH even though it was reported countless times, over and over again?

No wonder corporations ride roughshod over customers these days....they are begging for it! :D

Oh good another day and another pointless warzone quitter thread. People quit for a reason, if you learned to play, ppl probably wont quit. Personally, I will always quit a wz if there are too many idiots not calling inc, fighting away from nodes, not attacking/moving for a pass in huttball.

If ppl upped their game, then things will improve, now jog on back to your Wii.

This.

When I'm playing alderaan and we lose 1 Turret withouth nobody calling for help I just leave. If they don't wanna win I won't lose my time there.

You would just encourage in game quitters who don't leave. Just hanging out talking trash.

Answer is to encourage participation with comms even if you lose completely (even if without 3 medals). Still less than winning, but better than just quitting all together. Once you do that, then you can lock them out for the duration of what the match lasts they left.

This is what will happen. People will just go afk and press the space bar every minute or so to avoid being kicked.

So you would willingly take the punishment for a bug that EAware has failed to correct SINCE LAUNCH even though it was reported countless times, over and over again?

No wonder corporations ride roughshod over customers these days....they are begging for it! :D

Out of maybe the 300 WZs (not a real stat) that I've played since launch, that bug has happened to me once. So... yesh, I would take the abandoning punishment once a year for a system that would hopefully make hitting that queue button more of a commitment for players :)

Simple solution is to add a toggle for "Enter in progress warzone" or show the state of the in progress match and the user can choose to enter it or not.

I work on a F2P and we have such a system that shows present score and time remaining and it has always garnered good feedback.

Good idea, it lets you decide if you want to wait a little longer for a fresh match or you can quickly get in and knock out the PvP daily with a few quick loses. Just adding in the "deserter" debuff will instead encourage players to just afk at a node for medals instead of leaving the match.

Just no. I left, leave and will keep leaving noob teams who run west on novare with 5 men when no one goes on south etc. I'll leave when my team consists of 4-5 crabs of 14k. I'll leave if there's a double premade on the other side who start farming you at resp. But I'll never leave if there's a fair fight even if we're loosing.

This is what will happen. People will just go afk and press the space bar every minute or so to avoid being kicked.

I always say ^THIS^

I prefer for quitter to quit (I rage quit sometimes too if to much stupid, better rage quit then rage chat...) and get a backfill. maybe player who leaves was crap and filler will be good. Won many games that way...

That's the p[art that will be hard to work out. You need a better determination of participation than medals alone; or just performing an action in order to encourage participation. Until you do taht; you just can't really do anything about deserters or they will become dead weight rather than an empty spot.

There will be the occasional crash, but, so many people get in a wz and don't like the results they are seeing on the board and just leave.

The crashes are more than occasional, and all those people leaving are probably getting kicked out due to latency/lag spikes/red x's of death.

See this very long thread here for details:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545658&page=38

So punishing players for BW's broken servers is a non-starter, and a sure way to hasten PVP's death.

Edited by jprife

i quit wz's and will continue to do so for the numerous reason mentioned in other posts. im not ashamed to admit it. i m not gonna sit there while i call out 4 grass and not 1 single person backs up the node

i always quit huttball soon as i get in, everytime.. i refuse to play it. period

.. and if they add a punishement and force me to stay.. then yes i will get a few medals and stealth in the corner and wait..collect my medals and my loss and cash in my daily.. simple as that

Edited by Wookubus

Simple solution is to add a toggle for "Enter in progress warzone" or show the state of the in progress match and the user can choose to enter it or not.

I work on a F2P and we have such a system that shows present score and time remaining and it has always garnered good feedback.

I'd rather not backfill a warzone. I'd like that option. Yes, i'd lose out on some easy wins, but way more groups of baddies

Maybe quitting is the solution. And I am being serious.

Rather than ask Bioware to do something; maybe all of us should just quit when there is a map we don't like. Lord knows I don't care for NC or CW; which also seems to be 2 of the biggest whine fests in the game when things are not going well. I think I just won't play them.

When someone quits; maybe the entire team should do so and then requeue. I wonder how long that would go on where teams keep getting thrown back in it together.

hmm...I'm more of a fan of the first part rather than the latter myself. I just assume once I am in, even if losing; to just finish the match and get my daily and some comms. But leaving NC and CW at the beginning? I'm all in.

Edited by Technohic

Still the worst idea ever. No one would check this box. I'm sure people on fleet getting queue pops would love it, but the people in the warzone won't. If this idea is implemented all warzones will last about 2 minutes as one side pulls ahead, 3 people on the losing team quit, and then the shutdown notice kicks in.

You may as well redesign Huttball to award the win to the first team to score, Alderaan to the first team to cap 2 nodes, etc.

I'd like to point out that the people in here supporting rage quitting are 100% of the problem and their attitude proves why we need a lockout.

First, you really think that if there was a lockout then people would just stay there into a corner and wait out the timer?

No, just rage quitters have the mentality that the PvP community would do this. If you had stayed in a losing game with the rest of us you would see that the majority of the team decides to go out fighting even in the face of impending defeat. We don't knowingly stab our teammates out of spite.

Second, the fact that you guys jump ship at the first turnaround proves that you're not the elite team players you think you are. Good players get ninja hacked all the time. Good stealthers know how to team up and distract amazingly large groups.

Similarly, people can't always come to your rescue when you call out incoming. Just because you called for help doesn't mean that the rest of us can save you. If I'm locked in 1v1 combat and barely staying on top, it won't help either of us for me to run to help you. I'll only die with a sniper bullet in my back and do no good waiting to respawn; at least by fighting I'm tying up one enemy that would come rushing to you if they weren't fighting me.

And,in my experience most people who complain when help didn't come don't realize that while they had 2 incoming west the other 6 enemies were about to capture south. It doesn't help us to forfeit one turret just to help you defend yours.

This is why a lot of games turn around after the early rage quitters leave. If you can't fight through the frustration of help not arriving fast enough after you called out you're probably not as good as you think you are. The rest of us know that as soon as we lock down south we can get west back while they respawn.

I already joined the afk team, not that im proud of it.

Why i need to fight a wz when im one of the few that are tryng to win it? I lost the count of how many time i defended alone a node for a whole wz without make a single fight and see that my teammates are not playng properly (like focusing healers or tryng to switch the attack). Lots of times i stealthed to sith line score just for see ppl running over the pit and loosing the ball instead of walking safely for pass, lots of times i tryed to take the ball for only see that im alone with no backup and all players are making random fights. I never quit or afk a loosing match if i see that my grp is making all for winning.

And honestly in max 4 days some1 can get full WH and ugment it without playng hardcore. Daily quests just give u the amount of money u need for afford the kits + the augment. Ppl that dont try to up theyr experience or even try to help theyr grp to win deserves the quitters and the afkers.